Joelinton

Stifler

Dan Ashworth didn't want to give Joelinton a new contract. I can imagine Bruno would have left in the summer because of that.

21 minutes ago, OCK said:

Dan Ashworth didn't want to give Joelinton a new contract. I can imagine Bruno would have left in the summer because of that.

Probably extending Casemiro's.

Edited by PauloGeordio

Thank God he never showed that sort of touch and finish 3-4 years ago otherwise we'd not have this colossal midfielder we have now. :lol:

25 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Thank God he never showed that sort of touch and finish 3-4 years ago otherwise we'd not have this colossal midfielder we have now. :lol:

Didn’t I read he’s been working on finishing a lot through the summer?

I hope so, we got a good chunk of goals from Bruno and Longstaff last season, if he can get 8-12 a season, Bruno gets 6-8, Longstaff and Tonali 8-10 between them then we're cooking. 

We'd have finished top 5 if he'd not been out from the FA Cup game like. Just games like those home draws v Luton & Bournemouth wouldn't have happened with him in there. I completely underestimated how big he was for us once he was out. 

On 19/08/2024 at 04:46, Optimistic Nut said:

We'd have finished top 5 if he'd not been out from the FA Cup game like. Just games like those home draws v Luton & Bournemouth wouldn't have happened with him in there. I completely underestimated how big he was for us once he was out. 

Yup, Joelinton and Pope. A really terrible combo to be missing.