Joelinton

Stifler

2 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Yeah it was completely cuntish at the time. The only person that’s acceptable to do that to, is Ashley. 

Aye it was a van of scaffolders calling him worse than shite. The poor fucker doesn’t speak good English so his lass had to interpret what they were saying.

Just now, jack j said:

Fernandes was at if from about 10 mins. Finally booked him 2nd half. Absolute shithouse

Fernandes is a proper tit. 

Actually, it was refreshing seeing Neville say at half time about the whinging. Man United reeked of petulance, and just being a bunch of overpaid spoiled brats for the first hour or in fact until they scored. They deserved SFA tonight and a Man City would have beat them aboot 6 nowt tonight 

I love him hope the people still slagging him off hold their hands up and give credit where its due, just because he wasn't good enough before doesn't mean we have to hold that against him because right now he is brilliant and might be one of the reasons we stay up.

He uses his strength to hold off opposing players in a very intelligent way. What he lacks in pace, he makes up for in his decision-making and reading of the game. Not afraid to take responsibility and always looking for the ball. Should be the captain, really.

I don't think he should be captain.

The last thing you want to do is put any unnecessary pressure on him right now. He seems to be thriving with whatever is being asked of him and should continue focusing on his own performance without being concerned with anything else.

1 minute ago, geordie_b said:

However good he has been I still dont know if I see a place for him in the team if we make even just a handful of signings in the right positions

Given his energy and ability to win the ball and maintain possession it's hard to see how he could be replaced without us buying a whole new midfield tbh. There's always room for a player who does what he's doing.

Would love him to succeed like. What a turnaround recently.

Thing is, his attitude has never been in doubt. Given that he moved here without a word of English, with half a season before COVID, with that price tag. He will have known fine well he's been absolutely terrible for the majority of his time here. Most players would have downed tools and given up like but every credit to him for keeping at it. 

I'm not convinced about him long term but fair play to the lad at the minute. 

30 minutes ago, NE27 said:

I've no words, I honestly loved every second of his performance tonight and he is really summing up everything I want from this team.

Well done Jo, an absolute beast tonight.

It was one of the best individual performances I’ve seen from any of our players in probably 5 years, in truth. An absolutely dominant performance.

He was absolutely superb tonight and has comfortably been the best player since Howe arrived 

He was terrible as a striker and I genuinely didn't think he would ever make it here, even when he was played as a 10 or even wide I don't think he was consistently that good 

I don't think even those that always felt he would come good had him down as a midfield general

It's been a pleasant surprise and long may it continue 

27 minutes ago, geordie_b said:

However good he has been I still dont know if I see a place for him in the team if we make even just a handful of signings in the right positions

Hes making a good case for only bringing in one central midfielder instead of 2.

Imagine another like him , big joe on the left and newguy on the right of the midfield 3 with maybe shelvey or willock in the middle  - be still my beating heart.

Never thought id say that [emoji38]

The real test for him as a midfielder will be if/when he's played in a pair, seeing him paired with a ball playing CDM would be very interesting.

Interesting comments from Longstaff about him being widely recognised as one of the best players in training and always on the winning side.

I've played football with players like that, players who just seem to always be on the winning side without appearing to be particularly skillful or gifted. They just seem to have a innate quality to be in the right position at the right time or always be able to play the right pass, something which now seems apparent with Joelinton from what we've seen the last few games. 

Edited by Thumbheed