Joelinton

Stifler

8 hours ago, gazza ladra said:

Strange hearing/reading the comparisons. Socrates, Vieira, Kante, Batty, Mo Diame. Any one I've missed?

Think someone mentioned Moussa Dembele (ex-Spurs)

13 hours ago, Chris_R said:

He's completely won me over. I don't think there's been a player yet who I've had such a 180 on.

I've gone from dreading seeing his name anywhere near the team sheet and wondering why we spent even £40 on him, never mind £40m, to thinking he is indispensable and a complete bargain. Madness. :lol:

Nobby is the closest for me. Was utter shit for about two seasons and then…

26 minutes ago, FloydianMag said:

The club should extend his contract and up his wages fuck knows they can afford too.

Jumping the gun slightly I think. He's just turned the corner from being an absolute car crash signing, let him establish himself this season in this new position, then we can look at it in the summer. Although personally, I do think he has all the attributes to be a genuine PL midfielder. 

2 minutes ago, TRon said:

Jumping the gun slightly I think. He's just turned the corner from being an absolute car crash signing, let him establish himself this season in this new position, then we can look at it in the summer. Although personally, I do think he has all the attributes to be a genuine PL midfielder. 

Best player on the park for us vs the best sides in the league/world. Agree it'd be great to see this fantastic form continue over the next few games/season though.

I worry however that some of his ability is a result of a 'lack of training', in that he's just doing everything that comes naturally and playing with complete freedom. As he becomes embedded and settles in as a CM, all the new training drills and the like he'll be doing may take away that raw, natural play to his game and it might constrain him a bit. Hopefully my concerns are completely unfounded and he goes on to be as great as we hope he can be based off the last few games.

6 minutes ago, TRon said:

Besides that he got a 6 year contract when he joined, and so still has 4 years to go.

20 hours ago, Disco said:

Weird thing to post but he’s like obviously a bright lad given how quickly he has learned to falla ingles . Sort of thing you could make a wild assumption like I am how that would go hand in hand with tactical reading and learning a new role.

Still wild to post as he has been a colossal reason we have been and are so shit.

That intelligence was always there. And despite his poor performances under Lard face, I cant help but feel he was set up to fail. Up top, usually on his own, he was awful, he improved a little on the left but still generally underwhelming. I'm not surprised to see him improve under a capable manager.

Credit where it's due I guess, but I still find it baffling that we paid £40m for him, it's ridiculous. Has to be some sort of fraud or scam. No way do I believe we actually  paid £40m for him. The more he plays the lesser I believe in it too. I'm renaming my parent's dog to Linton. He's easily worth more than that. I love him. What a turnaround. 

4 hours ago, Ikon said:

Credit where it's due I guess, but I still find it baffling that we paid £40m for him, it's ridiculous. Has to be some sort of fraud or scam. No way do I believe we actually  paid £40m for him. The more he plays the lesser I believe in it too. I'm renaming my parent's dog to Linton. He's easily worth more than that. I love him. What a turnaround. 

It's weird that we spent £40m on anyone like but he was what, 21/22 when we bought him? Highly rated Brazilian doing well in Germany with obvious talent. Physically a beast as well.

He's looking every bit worth that price tag atm. I know Diame had an insane 6 month or so but outside of Cabaye (who had his faults) I cannot remember seeing a midfielder play for us that I've felt as confident in as I do Joelinton.