Joelinton

Stifler

59 minutes ago, McDog said:

This guy was a disaster anywhere near goal. So much confidence now, such inspired effort and technical work. He's fun to watch.

It's not just that he's done it,  it's how he's done it, getting his own team in to rectify his play at his own expense.

2 hours ago, McDog said:

This guy was a disaster anywhere near goal. So much confidence now, such inspired effort and technical work. He's fun to watch.

It's almost like signing a lad from Brazil, shoving him into a flat on his own with no support and giving him to a luddite head coach isn't going to get the best out of him.

Fantastic to hear Joelinton scored last night and had a good game. Like others have said this is so deserved. I'm sure his story will be an inspiration to other players who are struggling. I really hope he is a regular in the Brazil team moving forward.

1 hour ago, elbee909 said:

Is there anything more annoying than when the commentators shout 'GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL' though?

American commentators explaining the laws of the game to American fans in a World Cup match between Poland and South Korea at 2:30am for one.

That finish has been underrated btw. A bit similar to Isak's volley against Forest. Not that easy to fetch the ball from behind you and still place it where you want.

Props need to go to @KaKa here as well. Let's be fair, he backed him, he was right. He's backed McTominay as well and he's probably wrong there, but you can't win them all. When you back a Joelinton against popular opinion I think that overrides all else.

43 minutes ago, TRon said:

That finish has been underrated btw. A bit similar to Isak's volley against Forest. Not that easy to fetch the ball from behind you and still place it where you want.

Props need to go to @KaKa here as well. Let's be fair, he backed him, he was right. He's backed McTominay as well and he's probably wrong there, but you can't win them all. When you back a Joelinton against popular opinion I think that overrides all else.

Mate howay t'was a tap in from 2 yards. 

Good on him. Probably the biggest turn around I've ever seen from a player. How much is down to him and how much is down to Howe's coaching is an unknown, but I've never seen such an improvement in a player without them having to change clubs.   

You can tell that Joe getting called up and scoring a goal is a major event, because @Rich has managed to resist the urge to remove the punctuation from the thread title.

I know he stares at it, though. :mancini:

2 minutes ago, Mike said:

You can tell that Joe getting called up and scoring a goal is a major event, because @Rich has managed to resist the urge to remove the punctuation from the thread title.

He's definitely itching to get the word 'debut' in there too... 

Just now, Abacus said:

He could just swap the word "first" for "debut", if he knew what he was doing.

:lol: My lack of a vocabulary aside. I promise it's the punctuation that put sweat on his pillow.

1 hour ago, Mike said:

It’s been covered, but “debut” is a word you Neanderthal fuck.