Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

17 minutes ago, Jordan said:

He suffers the most from our non existent movement. Wood being statue-esque is not helping him at the moment. He’ll improve once Wilson is back. 

Yep. It’s very easy to defend against Wood and Almiron/Fraser so teams can just focus on ASM. When Wilson is in the team he is a threat at least.

It's very encouraging that he's clearly trying to change the way he plays, you can see that he's been asked to release the ball more and is trying to do it. Bodes well for the long term prospects of him being part of the team.

Thought it was actually to his detriment on the great run where he beat three players, tried to play it to Almiron when the pass just wasn't on. Really wanted him to just go at the last defenders there.

It's definitely frustrating watching him at the moment. It definitely doesn't help that the other players in the front three are basically useless, you'd hope with better players around him things will go better. I hope we get to see it next year, I'm not convinced by any means he'll be able to play as part of a cohesive team rather than as a wildcard individual but I'd certainly like to give it a full season under Howe to find out.

1 hour ago, David Edgar said:

Bench him.  The team doesn't need his individual moments to succeed and he has become more of a liability than anything.

And replace him with who? I get that he is very frustrating, there's no way he would ever play for City or Liverpool, but you aren't going to improve our side by playing Murphy.

The guy is a mega talent, but its clear as day teams are fully prepared for him now knowing he's our main ball carrier and threat. Stick two on him and a third to mop up. The tragic thing for us is he is so quick that often he is alone. He does make mistakes in decisions at times, but if we had a more mobile striker and an ASM style quality and pace player to match on the right side that could keep up with him, then the double and triple marking of him will suddenly be less plausible. He would look a lot better then.

Was treated to the emphatic musings of the anti-Maxi club in the East Stand today like. Was all you could hear for sequences of the second half. He wasn't good again but fucking hell, if I was violent...

5 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Was treated to the emphatic musings of the anti-Maxi club in the East Stand today like. Was all you could hear for sequences of the second half. He wasn't good again but fucking hell, if I was violent...

Not going to help the lad. That much is obvious.

8 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Was treated to the emphatic musings of the anti-Maxi club in the East Stand today like. Was all you could hear for sequences of the second half. He wasn't good again but fucking hell, if I was violent...

Bet they were choking on their Werther's Originals.

Edited by Kid Icarus

Playing too poorly lately. Struggling to take people on and 95% of the decisions he is making are the wrong ones.

Sell him though...what :lol:

Edited by Aiston