Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

25 minutes ago, Andy said:

Obviously it would kick up a stink and won't happen, but hypothetically, is there any rule actually stopping PIF signing him for £500m to completely obliterate FFP, if they wanted to?

May be treated the same as sponsorships when it comes to what the authorities deem as fair value, I guess. 

16 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

I'll be absolutely gutted if he is sold. Its such a pity, because we really need to emulate the City model having two top players in every position, but, unfortunately now, it's not possible, keeping ASM and aquireing Barnes would have been miles better, I'd even have fucked Miggy off and started playing ASM on the right, with Barnes on the left.

I was the same when Andy Cole was sold, the same when Les went to Spurs, heartbreaking when Ginola was also sold, but Kenny decimated that team.

You can see why anyone would be attached and fond of ASM he bought joy in a terrible period.

I don’t think you can put him in the same bracket as those 3. He’s not in that bracket for me at any rate. 

3 hours ago, LV said:

Really can’t see St Maximin fetching over £50m

I can if he goes to SA - I have to admit I'll be disappointed if Barnes is his replacement.  Yes Barnes scored more goes than ASM but I don't think he has more ability that ASM.  ASM could easily achieve that goal if he was able to stay fit and get a decent run in the team.  IF we sell ASM it needs to be for someone like Kvaratskhelia. 

Edited by duo

As much as I am genuinely sad he looks to be leaving and I appreciate all the memories and excitement he gave us over the years, it looks like it's the right decision for all.

I would be more mad and cried my eyes out had it been Big Joe to Saudi or even Bruno to Real or Barca or something. ASM has done his part for NUFC's history and we are creating new history and all so thank you ASM for everything you did and we wish you nothing but the best. NUFC will continue to grow too, no doubt.

Edited by nufcjb