Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

6 hours ago, Gazzaschicken said:

Don't understand the fee he's only 26 feel like we could have got £40m for him. His wages weren't that high as well. Seems a strange move

its the whole financial package.

certain clubs may have been willing to offer more than £23M but they wouldnt have been able to offer him the £200k a week he is reportedly going to get.

so say some mid table prem team offered £30m or more but say £70-80k a week wages, we may have accepted but there would have been no way maxi would have agreed to leave.

8 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

Ashley and Bruce era - people just kept saying “all we want is a team that tries and doesn’t penny pinch”.

New era comes along, Howe introduces a team finally that tries and it works so well we get CL football again within two seasons and spends up to their limit so Howe and the owners sell one player to keep the project going and now there’s so much “oh my god we’re selling, I don’t want this ffs”

:anguish:

11 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

Ashley and Bruce era - people just kept saying “all we want is a team that tries and doesn’t penny pinch”.

New era comes along, Howe introduces a team finally that tries and it works so well we get CL football again within two seasons and spends up to their limit so Howe and the owners sell one player to keep the project going and now there’s so much “oh my god we’re selling, I don’t want this ffs”

That’s not at all what people are saying :idiot2:

Edited by Unbelievable

41 minutes ago, huss9 said:

its the whole financial package.

certain clubs may have been willing to offer more than £23M but they wouldnt have been able to offer him the £200k a week he is reportedly going to get.

so say some mid table prem team offered £30m or more but say £70-80k a week wages, we may have accepted but there would have been no way maxi would have agreed to leave.

The fee is ridiculously low considering a lot of the recent moves and demands. Either PIF are going out of their way to look like they're not favouring us, or we've got most of this fee upfront(tbf, sky are reporting £30m).

The only way this is good for us is if the entire fee is upfront and liberates us from FFP shackles to a degree. If it's spread like a usual transfer then we've been bent over a barrel and been Marcellus Wallaced.

I've no hope for pif supporting us in any financial way any more other that better management, better commercial dealings and sensible self generated transfers. Were not going to get the Chelsea/City boost for instant success, and are now just part of the PIF big picture for all sport

3 minutes ago, St1pe said:

Feels like a mistake [emoji38]

Curious who was the last player we sold that people felt was an error? Players like Merino don’t count as there was a release clause etc. 

Hard to say, we haven’t had any good players for so long, and when we did they were too good for us anyway :lol:

3 minutes ago, St1pe said:

Curious who was the last player we sold that people felt was an error? Players like Merino don’t count as there was a release clause etc. 

Shelves?

8 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

The fee is ridiculously low considering a lot of the recent moves and demands. Either PIF are going out of their way to look like they're not favouring us, or we've got most of this fee upfront(tbf, sky are reporting £30m).

The only way this is good for us is if the entire fee is upfront and liberates us from FFP shackles to a degree. If it's spread like a usual transfer then we've been bent over a barrel and been Marcellus Wallaced.

I've no hope for pif supporting us in any financial way any more other that better management, better commercial dealings and sensible self generated transfers. Were not going to get the Chelsea/City boost for instant success, and are now just part of the PIF big picture for all sport

What about all the money they’ve already spent on us and the money pored into into better facilities and acedemy etc - does that not count as support?

Will always remember him fondly. Very unique player who was a joy to watch playing in the b&w shirt. He's clearly the sacrificial lamb due to our FFP constraints and would definitely have provided this team something we need this season. Let's hope Barnes makes up for it by being effective at what he can do well. Hope ASM smashes it in SA.

8 minutes ago, HawK said:

I couldn't believe we sold Milner when we did tbh.

Still remember the moment we moved on from Robert and replaced him with Milner, I was absolutely furious. :lol:

Didn’t feel like a mistake at the time but selling Toney turned out to be. 

Massive fan of Maxi was always a joy to watch him, there is very few like him when he’s in full flow. 

Edited by gdm

14 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

Upfront or installments doesn’t matter for FFP as far as I know.

17 minutes ago, St1pe said:

Enrique? Took years to replace him iirc.

7 minutes ago, gdm said:

Massive fan of Maxi was always a joy to watch him, there is very few like him when he’s in full flow. 

And you bet on that... too soon?

15 minutes ago, gdm said:

We’d have sold Toney regardless under MA. The moment he’d started looking like a half decent player Charnley would have cashed in on him. 

Much rather have Isak and Wilson. 

30 minutes ago, St1pe said:

Habib beye surely