Emil Krafth

Nobody

On 14/02/2022 at 10:28, Milburn said:

I think we should go for Fabian Schär as right back until Manquillo or Trippier is back from injury. He’s got some ball playing skills and is right footed.

krafth as a starter is a no-go. He is nowhere near Premier League level and will cost us points. 

Aye 

I never thought after his first few games for us. That he would look decent going forward and quick on the ball. As an outlet and an attacking full back. He isn’t too bad. 

He just seems a yard off it all the time defensively or when a decision needs to be made. Constantly caught flat footed, wrong side or in possession today. 

I’ll give him a bit of credit for that second half, though. He didn’t completely crumble and seemed like they were doubling him at times. But he was better than the first half. 

Sometimes looks okay, as he did in the second half today for the most part, but he makes some really poor decisions both on the ball and off it and has an unfortunate habit of being punished for them. 

Hopefully Manquillo is fit next week.

He's so poor. The worst full back I've ever seen us play. 

Stupid foul to give away their free kick considering their prowess from set pieces. Would have been clearly briefed on that.

Overhit every single cross he was presented with. Poor going forward and an absolute liability defensively. 

Just now, The Prophet said:

I thought he was solid enough yesterday, he was a bit sloppy on the ball though.

I also thought he wasn’t that bad, he gets up the pitch well and always tires to make himself an option going forward. He just makes seem really daft defensive decisions from time to time and they cost you goals, that’s why he is third choice I guess 

Obviously not good enough, but by the same account needs games to settle down and follow the managers tactics and instructions.

Hopefully we'll see some improvement as he will seemingly get a run in the side.  That or Manquillo might not be out for too long, and would come in a right back.

53 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I thought he was solid enough yesterday, he was a bit sloppy on the ball though.

Agreed he did ok. Was positive on the ball, was looking to move it forward.  I thought other than the goal, defensively we looked pretty solid against a good team at Home. 

51 minutes ago, gbandit said:

I mean, the biggest mistake was when he didn’t react quickly enough and fouled them needlessly, leading to the free kick for their goal 

Granted the foul was clumsy at best and, given Shelvey was in the frame, unnecessary but the blame for that goal should be aimed at whoever was meant to be marking Dawson.

1 hour ago, The Butcher said:

He's okay for a third choice RB in a team fighting against relegation.

Reckon he'll go in the summer.

Agreed, we all know what Kraft is.   We all know he is not the future but he is needed at this moment in time , until Manquillo and Trippier return.  I'll support him like I support the team but in the summer he needs to be moved on.  HWTL

25 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

Granted the foul was clumsy at best and, given Shelvey was in the frame, unnecessary but the blame for that goal should be aimed at whoever was meant to be marking Dawson.

Exactly - it seemed Murphy had entirely lost what he was doing leading to Dawson bring free to attack the ball. Krafth is an avergae player, just before their goal he was done by Antonio after misjudging the play which might have contributed to him wiping him out the next attack they had. Naturally he will now be compared to Trippier who is clearly a superior player.

2 hours ago, robbo_11 said:

Exactly - it seemed Murphy had entirely lost what he was doing leading to Dawson bring free to attack the ball. Krafth is an avergae player, just before their goal he was done by Antonio after misjudging the play which might have contributed to him wiping him out the next attack they had. Naturally he will now be compared to Trippier who is clearly a superior player.

I can't remember the reasoning behind it, but in the Norwegian studio yesterday Burn got a big part of the blame for West Hams goal as he dropped the defensive line much earlier than anyone else in the team which somehow resulted in Dawson getting the free header.

• 2 weeks later...