Emil Krafth

Nobody

It always amazes me that this club (and other s*** clubs) sign players off the back of one viewing or a youtube video. Our scouting work on Luque was done when we played them in the cup. "We can't get Boa Morte? What about that Deportivo winger. He crossed it for one of the goals, didn't he?"

And a little anecdote: I grew up in South Tyneside and all the lads around my age knew Carl Finnegan was signed to Newcastle (He ended up playing professionally in the lower leagues). This made him a big deal at the time. But when I got a bit older I got to know a few lads from Newcastle (St Cuthbert's, Gosforth High..) and they would tell me, "Oh, aye there's a 4 lads in my year and 5 or 6 in the year above and blah blah..." And it made me think, how lazy is our local scouting network? Am I to believe Gossie High Year 10 has 6 kids who are good enough, but south of the water there's only 1 lad in the whole borough who cuts the mustard?

It always amazes me that this club (and other s*** clubs) sign players off the back of one viewing or a youtube video. Our scouting work on Luque was done when we played them in the cup. "We can't get Boa Morte? What about that Deportivo winger. He crossed it for one of the goals, didn't he?

Hindsight is a great thing. Luque was a well known talent at the time, and was a fantastic signing. I'd have him over Boa Morte 10/10 times before we signed him. I thought the price and wages we paid was a steal despite the stories afterwards of Shepherds negotiation skills. I'm still confident he'd be one of our best players in recent history had it not been for his early injury.

A carrier bag in the wind would give this knobhead a run around.

Struggle to remember a fullback that comes close to being as bad as him.

Sold twice for Rashford’s goal, think he only got past right side to get a cross in once, and can’t remember him making a tackle or winning anything.

He’s poor but I’m not sure how we kept letting Rashford get 1v1s with him? I’m assuming that’s either Hayden or Shelvey’s job.

Shaw playing up against Joe doesn’t help. Maguire regularly found easy to move into that left side, our right and pass, dribble into.

Clear as day that they were overloading our right and targeting Krath. Proved by how little they played through Fernandes and how quite he was in first half. Everything offensive wise was to combine Shaw Rashford down our right side

Probably time to put Almiron in front of one of them and put Gayle central. Would mean completely changing the system that’s seen this ‘great improvement’ but it could be messy.

I’d even be tempted to move Hayden to right-back and put Longstaff back in which is saying something given how poor he’s been the last year or so.

Probably time to put Almiron in front of one of them and put Gayle central. Would mean completely changing the system that’s seen this ‘great improvement’ but it could be messy.

I’d even be tempted to move Hayden to right-back and put Longstaff back in which is saying something given how poor he’s been the last year or so.

Cutting out our best attacking outlet and one of few rays of hope of late, sacrificing Almiron’s form and quality to play him wide just in the hope he’d make Krath less s***.  :idiot2:

Systems fine, Joe’s not perfect in front of him, but can’t be thinking so defensively akin to playing Jonas just to defend the left side. No amount of help could save Krath at this level.