Coronavirus in football

WarrenBartonCentrePartin

If they are going to play the season out then it has to have meaning, including relegation. They could possibly only have 2 relegation spots reducing the risk and having the top 2 in the Championship come up without any playoffs.

Just scrap it and start again when we can.  No titles, no cups, no promotion, no relegation, fuck the whole lot off and start fresh when it's safe.

Would rather we just declared the season finished and awarded titles, relegations and promotions on current standings. I think that would be fairer.

Just scrap it and start again when we can.  No titles, no cups, no promotion, no relegation, fuck the whole lot off and start fresh when it's safe.

Would rather we just declared the season finished and awarded titles, relegations and promotions on current standings. I think that would be fairer.

Deffo not fair like

That's not fair at all :lol:

This stadium thing is mad. Other than stoke messing with throw ins years ago a pitch is a pitch. "home advantage" is surely gleaned mainly from your supporters, which won't be there. Stinks of rubbish teams like west ham trying to leverage cancellation or no relegation clauses to avoid the inevitable for them.

Exactly.

Also not in favour of doing it with no relegation. What's the point in playing more matches at all in that case. It will be like friendlies.

Hardly fair on championship clubs either. People are going to be upset either way.

If relegation is going to go then it’s surely pointless playing the rest of the season  :lol:

Yeah agreed and if relegation is to stay how can it ever be equitable if, for example, Troy Deeney comes down with Corona and is unavailable for two weeks and even then not fully fit and yet Villa all stay fully fit?

These aren't equitable circumstances, personally don't think we should have relegation threatened teams holding football hostage. Coronavirus was an unforeseen  event, there's no way to deal with it equitably. The best you can do is either cancel it, or try to complete the season in whatever way you can.

Relegated teams can whinge it is unfair, but if they cancelled the season, how is it fair on teams like Liverpool if they get their title season wiped out? Believe me, I'm very far from a Liverpool fan, but fair is fair.

They should just take a vote from all the clubs and go with the majority decision.

What would happen if a squad lost 12 players to it?

I just can't see how it can be done on anywhere near a level playing field.

A few weeks ago I was firmly in the "just finish the season off whenever" but I've changed my mind. There's been such a delay that it wouldn't even feel like the same season, too much time has gone by and it would be grossly unfair to send teams down when some squads are more affected than others, neutral venues, losing home advantage etc. It's just a shit and unfair way to end things.

There isn't a best way of deciding it so I now think they should just scrub everything and start the next season when it's safe too. Some clubs will be rightly pissed off, some clubs will be glad of having another chance but I think it's the least worst option right now.

At least it's based on results actually achieved so far. How would it be fair on Liverpool or teams in the championship who are in promotion positions if we just scrapped the season and started again?

A few weeks ago I was firmly in the "just finish the season off whenever" but I've changed my mind. There's been such a delay that it wouldn't even feel like the same season, too much time has gone by and it would be grossly unfair to send teams down when some squads are more affected than others, neutral venues, losing home advantage etc. It's just a shit and unfair way to end things.

There isn't a best way of deciding it so I now think they should just scrub everything and start the next season when it's safe too. Some clubs will be rightly pissed off, some clubs will be glad of having another chance but I think it's the least worst option right now.

Agreed.

I think it's become pretty clear that the season isn't going to be concluded, the premier league are just going to argue about it for a few weeks so that the problems are drummed into peoples heads before it's made official.

At least it's based on results actually achieved so far. How would it be fair on Liverpool or teams in the championship who are in promotion positions if we just scrapped the season and started again?

Yeah Sheffield have played less games and if they win they go 5th.  Aston Villa also have a game in hand to get out of the drop Zone.

Just scrap it and start again when we can.  No titles, no cups, no promotion, no relegation, f*** the whole lot off and start fresh when it's safe.

Still more fair than cancelling the season

Yeah Sheffield have played less games and if they win they go 5th.  Aston Villa also have a game in hand to get out of the drop Zone.

But those are the current positions. You are never going to get a completely fair solution whichever way you go about it. In France they cancelled the season but I think they still declared PSG champions no?

Guest chopey

Finish the season now, make liverpool champions and no promotion or relegation, at least then it gives those clubs that are getting rid of cunts and getting taken over by some the richest people in the world time to build before the new season starts around October.

Just scrap it and start again when we can.  No titles, no cups, no promotion, no relegation, f*** the whole lot off and start fresh when it's safe.

Agreed but think it should be on PPG.

They are planning for all of next season behind closed doors as well now. I just can't picture it, will look so weird and I can't see it working at all

My one hope when “this” is all over is there is a greater appreciation and respect for match going supporters and how hollow the game actually is without them.

Just to see the look on Liverpool fan's faces.....I'd take this

PPG with a two up / two down, no play offs...this brings the season to an end and clubs can start preparing for 20/21 without the ongoing distraction of not knowing when “project restart ?” will be implemented

OK Liverpool win the league but realistically they are going to under most scenarios

Mackems miss out so are consigned to another year of obscurity

The cup should be awarded to the team that are still in and have played the most games....???

PPG with a two up / two down, no play offs...this brings the season to an end and clubs can start preparing for 20/21 without the ongoing distraction of not knowing when “project restart ?” will be implemented

OK Liverpool win the league but realistically they are going to under most scenarios

Mackems miss out so are consigned to another year of obscurity

The cup should be awarded to the team that are still in and have played the most games....???

This for me is the best solution

It's not fair on some teams but you will never get a solution that's fair on everyone, it's impossible

The suggestion of playing again but no threat of relegation is just absurd

Just to see the look on Liverpool fan's faces.....I'd take this

This was my first thought but then consider what would actually be funnier

(1) Season cancelled, Liverpool don't win the league. All this would garner is a resolve in the players to do it again next year and the sense of injustice from Liverpool fans would be painful.

(2) Liverpool* (As they will be known) are awarded the league. The dominance they showed is forgotten and whenever the 19/20 season is brought up Covid-19 takes up 90% of the narrative. Liverpool's season? Disappointing domestic cup runs, knocked out of Europe early and awarded the league when it was curtailed early.

I'd take option 2