Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Talking about on Talksport this morning, looks like opposition to the takeover is growing

I'm surprised Adrian Durham hasn't said the Saudis should be investing the money into the NHS instead.

I think read somewhere that they will be making a sizeable donation when the deal is announced. Clever really, as even Amnesty can’t shit on the gesture given what’s going on.

"Healthwashing"

:lol:

Bed bathing

It is said Bruce is fearful of losing his job but he will be given time and will be expected to outline his plans on how he believes Newcastle can progress.

Fish N Chips

Balti              Kebab                  Chips      Fried Breakfast

Kung Po

Shawarma                          Chipotle Burrito

Egg Sarnie                                    Curry N Chips

Sweet n Sour Chicken

weve been a circus for the last 10 year,the media will be gutted we wont be for much longer hence all the negative press,wankers

Even when this happens they'll be looking for anything to chip away at.

Yeah I assumed the point was about respected journalists who've been writing about these issues for years rather than idiot TV presenters. Don't understand why you'd even let someone like Keys, a bloke who was too much of a moron for Sky Sports (!), wind you up, like who cares?

I think the persecution complex is sometimes justified. It would be incorrect to claim that certain members of the media haven't been complete cunts towards the club and fanbase over subjects like Pardew, Ashley, Rafa and Bruce over the years.

In this case I don't think it applies. Any club would be facing scrutiny over this deal.

Yeah I assumed the point was about respected journalists who've been writing about these issues for years rather than idiot TV presenters. Don't understand why you'd even let someone like Keys, a bloke who was too much of a moron for Sky Sports (!), wind you up, like who cares?

He's not winding me up, it's simply an example of someone who has a high profile platform to spout a load of rubbish when it comes to Newcastle.

The fact that the Premier League already has Saudi owners who were allowed in without any hint of a fuss is another example.

He's not winding me up, it's simply an example of someone who has a high profile platform to spout a load of rubbish when it comes to Newcastle.

The fact that the Premier League already has Saudi owners who were allowed in without any hint of a fuss is another example.

Do you know this for a fact or is it not just that the issue's now come into your world so you're more aware of it?

How come Amnesty didn't write to that cruise line company objecting to PIF buying a stake in the company.  PIF have invested in many diverse areas so why haven't Amnesty tried to block those investments.  I'll tell you why.  It's because they are too low profile.  The EPL is high profile hence more publicity.  Amnesty are not bothered whether PIF buy us they are just using this as a vehicle to raise their own profile and to embarrass the Saudi's. Ok so the EPL block this takeover.  The PIF will probably takeover a low profile football club in France and there wont be a peep out of Amnesty because there is no publicity to be had there!!

once again to make it clear private saudi owner (who yes is a member of the royal family but theres a lot of them) is not the state of saudi arabia which whats buying nufc through their public investment fund thats the difference and why theres not a fuss about Sheffield Uniteds owner.

The persecution complex amongst our fans is beyond embarrassing

True, but I assume elements of every fan base think the same. Same as saying referees are biased.

Of course, but this thinking requires nuance.

If Delaney and his disciples are to believed there's only two schools of thought when it comes to the takeover:

- Positive: Thick geordie who absolutely revels in middle east mass murder. Can't get enough it. Probably loves domestic murderers too.

- Negative: Righteous. Pals with all the Antifa lads. Would change allegiance if someone with driving offences was in the process of taking over.

How come Amnesty didn't write to that cruise line company objecting to PIF buying a stake in the company.

:lol: Aye cos that would have been in the Chronicle. You have absolutely no idea whether they did or they didn't.

What do you not grasp about the difference between a private individual and a state? Do you think Mike Ashley owning NUFC is exactly the same as if we were owned by HM Treasury?

Guest godzilla

once again to make it clear private saudi owner (who yes is a member of the royal family but theres a lot of them) is not the state of saudi arabia which whats buying nufc through their public investment fund thats the difference and why theres not a fuss about Sheffield Uniteds owner.

Still being funded by money coming from Saudia Arabia though.

Do you know this for a fact or is it not just that the issue's now come into your world so you're more aware of it?

Does it matter? They're still from Saudi Arabia, the place with the rotten human rights records, and the place that is pirating games from beIN Sport. The same outrage should apply, but it didn't. I don't recall seeing Sheff Utd's takeover dominating the football headlines and loads of people having their say on it, or trying everything they could to block the deal. If that did happen to the level we're getting rocks thrown at us then I'll gladly hold my hands up and say I'm wrong, but again I don't recall that happening.

How come Amnesty didn't write to that cruise line company objecting to PIF buying a stake in the company.  PIF have invested in many diverse areas so why haven't Amnesty tried to block those investments.  I'll tell you why.  It's because they are too low profile.  The EPL is high profile hence more publicity.  Amnesty are not bothered whether PIF buy us they are just using this as a vehicle to raise their own profile and to embarrass the Saudi's. Ok so the EPL block this takeover.  The PIF will probably takeover a low profile football club in France and there wont be a peep out of Amnesty because there is no publicity to be had there!!

I know people are desperate to get rid of Ashley, but really?

Criticising Amnesty for using their profile to highlight human rights abuses is just embarrassing, man.