Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Yeah, I can see why people have a problem with Ticketmaster. In all honesty it’s greatest and possibly only good implementation is the ability to find tickets easily rather than having to contact or wait in line with each facility.

I do think the club should be moving towards digital/mobile tickets though.

Having your season ticket or individual match ticket on your phone would be easier and better for most fans these days. Of course there will always been people who would prefer a paper ticket or season ticket card, and they could be an option on request.

Having a revamped NUFC app where you can easily manage/buy your ticket/season ticket, including allowing your friends to use it for individual games is the way to go.

Any club that has been ran properly would have acknowledged this already, unfortunately though we have been owned and ran by Mike Ashley for 13 years.

Aye Stipe for me, like. What R.E.M. song best encapsulates the Ashley era? Answers on bald heads pls

Welcome To The Occupation

Excellent. And yes, I'll take you up on that offer of a pint  when all this madness is over.

Strange timing bringing Nickson back, can’t see why that would be coming from the potential new owners at this stage, or why Ashley would bother bringing him back if he was that close to selling.

Yeah.  Pretty sure they'd be bringing him back now regardless, in preparation.  Then again most clubs didnt furlough their whole coaching network.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

www.independent.co.uk/voices/saudi-arabia-newcastle-united-takeover-bid-mbs-mohammed-bin-salman-a9486791.html%3famp

Another bad article to add to the collection, this time from a Saudi analyst based in Washington DC

Think you’ll find that’ll be Miguel Delaney who’s sourced that interview. The Manc t-%#t is obsessed with us.

He's been going after Man City for ages, its nothing to do with it being Newcastle that he's going after us

Strange timing bringing Nickson back, can’t see why that would be coming from the potential new owners at this stage, or why Ashley would bother bringing him back if he was that close to selling.

Yeah.  Pretty sure they'd be bringing him back now regardless, in preparation.  Then again most clubs didnt furlough their whole coaching network.

You mean his furlough lasted till this time so he is automatically back ?

You mean his furlough lasted till this time so he is automatically back ?

Just think even if there wasn't an impending sale, they'd look to bring the scouting team back now that there's talk of football resuming again over the next couple of months

Aye Stipe for me, like. What R.E.M. song best encapsulates the Ashley era? Answers on bald heads pls

Welcome To The Occupation

Excellent. And yes, I'll take you up on that offer of a pint  when all this madness is over.

I was choosing between Sitting Still, Feeling Gravity’s Pull and Imitation of Life.

Guest Howaythetoon

I imagine the new owners want to get operations back up and running as much as is possible first and foremost and that’s means club staff ‘returning’ back to work.

They have a legal duty to everyone employed by NUFC as their employer, from Nixon to Bruce, to incorporate them in any way as part of the work-force of the business. I wouldn’t read anything into it other than that. No-one will lose their jobs/be replaced just yet anyway. This is about getting their work-force back working to turn the wheels in order to get the business operating again.

Nixon isn’t just a mere scout, he will assist the owners in other areas like Bruce himself will away from just being the manager. Eventually, they will all be replaced or rather their assistance will not be required beyond x point and their role at the club will dully cease as a result where they will no longer be employed by the club. Same with the players. Right now our new owners will be looking at retaining/getting rid of some players, but before they do that, they will still have to carry out the duties they are employed for. Bruce too.

If anything this signals the takeover is close and maybe even all but complete bar any official announcement.

From what I’ve heard, since football was suspended and non senior playing/senior coaching staff were furloughed, not even the senior players or  their manager have had any direct communication with Ashley, Charnley or anyone else in terms of work related matters other than between themselves and it’s mainly revolved around the playing staff. From what I’ve heard, Bruce himself may as well have been a ghost in all of this too just like the owner and his cronies since lockdown. Zero communication, zero leadership, zero direction, zero contingency plans and zero behind the scenes business whatsoever going on.

Takeover or not, that in itself is a shambles and shows just how pathetic our club is and how no-one at the club in seniority gives a damn either way. That will all change and those now returning to ‘work’ be if Nixon or Bruce, players or whoever, their doing so to effectively to start the generator up, clear their desks and take the garbage out and be present any day now when the new owners walk through the door.

I guarantee 60% of the staff won’t be there when a new season starts, whenever that is. Nixon and Bruce, the head of the academy, those in corporate getting paid to sell programmes, season tickets, boxes and half the players.

Until then, well, get back to work chaps. This isn’t a charity you know...

Nickson has gone from being well regarded to be being considered a yes man looking after number one either completely out of his depth or unwilling to challenge the direction those above are taking recruitment.

Can’t see him keeping his job beyond the season end.

Clearly Luke's poured himself a glass of prosecco this evening and put his feet up, while Steve's put on his giraffe onesie on - and make a hot chocolate with extra marshmallows - and they've had a gossipy catchup on the phone.

"Yanno warrit iz Luke, av had enuf"

"Eeeee Steve man, ya divvn't need him. Ee's a snake. Ya can dee so much betta hun!"

This is the gormless cunt who resigned from his position at Sheff Wed (who fucking bent over backwards for him) to actively want to sign for and work for Mike Ashley? If he's looking for sympathy then he's looking in the wrong direction. The bloke is as much of a snake as Ashley is. They fucking deserve each other, both utter cunts.

This is the gormless cunt who resigned from his position at Sheff Wed (who fucking bent over backwards for him) to actively want to sign for and work for Mike Ashley? If he's looking for sympathy then he's looking in the wrong direction. The bloke is as much of a snake as Ashley is. They fucking deserve each other, both utter cunts.

So much this, know a couple of SWFC lads here who despise him more than anyone on here.....