Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

imagine making a £300m investment and letting steve bruce run it man, they'd be instantly destroying their credibility from day one

hughes wasn't a busted flush at man city when they let him run with things iirc, he was still on a fairly upward trajectory

bruce :lol:

It would be a PR own goal to get rid of Bruce immediately like...there’s a fairly significant number of (mainly older) fans who like the guy, and think he’s done a decent job in the circumstances.

They will obviously be planning for bigger and better things, but keeping Bruce to see out the season is fine in my opinion.

imagine making a £300m investment and letting steve bruce run it man, they'd be instantly destroying their credibility from day one

hughes wasn't a busted flush at man city when they let him run with things iirc, he was still on a fairly upward trajectory

It would be a PR own goal to get rid of Bruce immediately like...there’s a fairly significant number of (mainly older) fans who like the guy, and think he’s done a decent job in the circumstances.

They will obviously be planning for bigger and better things, but keeping Bruce to see out the season is fine in my opinion.

i'd argue that depends who the manager is they're bringing in myself, you're not gonna be crying for steve bacon if pep guardiola turns up at the door are you :lol:

but yeah i see the logic if the season is finishing, i just don't agree with the conclusion to keep him

season is dead, get the new guy in with his whole team to start planting ideas and systems for next season also letting him assess the players he's already got at disposal

the only thing keeping bruce achieves is losing time imo (unless the manager will be rafa in which case there would be less of a transition required obviosuly)

If we get taken over, I want him out the door ASAP, if he can keep us up this season then anyone they have in mind to take over him will keep us up, probably more comfortably as well.

I want Rafa back :lol:

Having said that, if Bruce is kept on, I won't be whinging on about it (unless it's long term..which it surely won't be), I'll just be happy to look forward to the new era without Mike and see what they have planned post Brucey. 

All pundits seem to think/say he has done a great job. I would love somebody to show them our stats from throughout the year, rather than just point at our league position and FA Cup run against lower league opposition.

It's funny though, opposition fans dont rate him. Only journalists, the media and our own thick fan base who see a Geordie.

Most journalists, and they aren't too many tbh, who fight his corner do so because they know him. Weird thing is they don't seem to get any insight or information on the back of it.

The overwhelming majority of fans don't rate him, they just rile against the notion that he's some complete incompetent, not fit to manage Blyth etc. etc

He's an average lower-half PL/championship manager, who was fortunate to get his current role, but has done a fair to middling job whilst in it.

Tbh, I hope he does get peddled so we can move from this whole discussion.

It's funny though, opposition fans dont rate him. Only journalists, the media and our own thick fan base who see a Geordie.

Most journalists, and they aren't too many tbh, who fight his corner do so because they know him. Weird thing is they don't seem to get any insight or information on the back of it.

Actually watching us play football should be the only basis for forming an opinion on how well he has done, but apparently not. He's a nice bloke and English so he's done a good job :thup:

This is the gormless cunt who resigned from his position at Sheff Wed (who fucking bent over backwards for him) to actively want to sign for and work for Mike Ashley? If he's looking for sympathy then he's looking in the wrong direction. The bloke is as much of a snake as Ashley is. They fucking deserve each other, both utter cunts.

Yuuup.

Actually watching us play football should be the only basis for forming an opinion on how well he has done, but apparently not. He's a nice bloke and English so he's done a good job :thup:

Well yes, that's obviously how it should be, but you'll get this wherever you go because part of the profession is to manage relationships. Some are better at it than others. Jason Burt at The Telegraph for example was open about his relationship with Alan Pardew and promoted him to be England manager when he was at Palace while "admitting that he was biased" because he had "known him a long time".

I'm more tired of the large proportion of the fanbase who can't comprehend what market we're in and how Ashley's self-imposed restrictions have denied them and us the opportunity to acquire good managers and players for more than a decade. One of the best things with a change in ownership will be the end of discussions among NUFC where incompetence is fiercely defended, because hopefully there won't be as much of it around the club.

i'd argue that depends who the manager is they're bringing in myself, you're not gonna be crying for steve bacon if pep guardiola turns up at the door are you :lol:

but yeah i see the logic if the season is finishing, i just don't agree with the conclusion to keep him

season is dead, get the new guy in with his whole team to start planting ideas and systems for next season also letting him assess the players he's already got at disposal

the only thing keeping bruce achieves is losing time imo (unless the manager will be rafa in which case there would be less of a transition required obviosuly)

Two major reasons why I reckon they'll let him see out the rest of the season:

1) The replacement they have lined up might be tied up with another club until the end of the season, e.g. Rafa

2) There's only 9 games left so realistically he can't do much harm anyway.

You do have to consider the PR side of it at the end of the day, fans being thick or not, they will see him as 'one of their own' so I think overall the new owners will think let's just see the season out and start fresh when it's done.

All pundits seem to think/say he has done a great job. I would love somebody to show them our stats from throughout the year, rather than just point at our league position and FA Cup run against lower league opposition.

Or just make them watch every 90 minutes from this season. Clockwork Orange style, and preferably in slow motion to prolong the misery

Thought we would have had some news by now. Lockdown is magnifying the significance of this x100.

well its been what 2 weeks since the story really became solid and it was said the tests would take 2-4 weeks.

Guest godzilla

Thought we would have had some news by now. Lockdown is magnifying the significance of this x100.

well its been what 2 weeks since the story really became solid and it was said the tests would take 2-4 weeks.

Nearly 3

Guest godzilla

Yeah the checks began April 9th

Documents were actually submitted on the 8th so probably started then