Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Lots of sources not saying it’s been delayed anyone thinking this will be done today will be disappointed

If it doesn't happen today it's not happening. It should be done already.

Come on wormy, that’s not true now is it.  Let’s have a smile.

:lol: :lol:

Lots of sources not saying it’s been delayed anyone thinking this will be done today will be disappointed

If it doesn't happen today it's not happening. It should be done already.

Second week in May. Always has been. Chill Winston. Deal done.

Delaney has good points but has probably just been saying the same thing for too long so doesn't really consider how best to communicate and get the audience he needs on-side. A bit like many political journalists with Brexit. On the face of it, shaming fans on Twitter seems a bit of a waste of time of his cause, and I can see why that comes across that it's more about him than what he's trying to fight.

tbh I find the cans thing cringey at best at least how the media have decided to jump in on it anyway.

Is it really making you actually cringe though? Or are you just being massively dramatic. Bet you haven't cringed once really, you just don't like it very much.  It's absolutely harmless really.  Love how "cringy" people get over the slightest things.  :lol:

It's even cringier how upset you get over it.

I actually think Delaney is a good journalist and he raises some very important points about the takeover, but he seems to get his approach all wrong.  The hectoring tone is actually creating more of a siege mentality among fans than there needs to be and is only encouraging fans to become more tribal about it.

Guest neesy111

Delaney has good points but has probably just been saying the same thing for too long so doesn't really consider how best to communicate and get the audience he needs on-side. A bit like many political journalists with Brexit. On the face of it, shaming fans on Twitter seems a bit of a waste of time of his cause, and I can see why that comes across that it's more about him than what he's trying to fight.

:thup:

He's original points are absolutely valid, but he's went about the wrong way.  It's clear to me many NUFC fans want nothing more to have someone to have an agenda against because they think their's a genuine bias against Newcastle in the media about this takeover and can't accept the valid criticism against the Saudi's.

I actually think Delaney is a good journalist and he raises some very important points about the takeover, but he seems to get his approach all wrong.  The hectoring tone is actually creating more of a siege mentality among fans than there needs to be and is only encouraging fans to become more tribal about it.

I like him as well but would agree with this.

100%

Tbf to him after having re-read his initial tweets and then his responses to various people. He seems to be referring to the media's indulgence of the cans meme, rather than the fans themselves excitement over it.

I still feel like he's taking his argument to extremes but it does seem to be meant in a different way to how most have initially taken it.

Tbf to him after having re-read his initial tweets and then his responses to various people. He seems to be referring to the media's indulgence of the cans meme, rather than the fans themselves excitement over it.

I still feel like he's taking his argument to extremes but it does seem to be meant in a different way to how most have initially taken it.

thats my reading of it as well

Delaney seems to have gone down the Luke Edwards approach of starting off with a good point then narcissistically throwing his toys out of the pram while purposely, passively-aggressively antagonising the fan base then trying to claim some

mental superiority. It’s almost the telling it like it is journalism edition.

But even still what’s the problem with the media indulging in the #cans meme? He is generally right but he needs to pick his battles better.

I was more referring to the other week where he was basically saying people deserve to be shamed. He might be right, but telling people they're shit for having a flag in their Twitter name (don't condone) likely isn't going to get him what he ultimately wants. Just feels very similar to the wall shouting politics has descended into.

But even still what’s the problem with the media indulging in the #cans meme? He is generally right but he needs to pick his battles better.

because in his opinion the media should be asking questions about the kind of people taking over the club and their track record and not blindly cheerleading

Delaney seems to have gone down the Luke Edwards approach of starting off with a good point then narcissistically throwing his toys out of the pram while purposely, passively-aggressively antagonising the fan base then trying to claim some

mental superiority. It’s almost the telling it like it is journalism edition.

Speaking of Edwards, even when trying to indulge the fans he comes across as a proper melt. :lol: the fuck was his #winenotcans nonsense.

He's original points are absolutely valid, but he's went about the wrong way.  It's clear to me many NUFC fans want nothing more to have someone to have an agenda against because they think their's a genuine bias against Newcastle in the media about this takeover and can't accept the valid criticism against the Saudi's.

That’s how I see it too, he’s basically given a lot of idiots what’s they want so now they can go “look the media hates us!” And ignore any criticism of the Saudis

He chose to do that though, from a man who deals in words for a living. He either thought winding those idiots up this morning is going to be great, or he’s thick as fuck. He’s done himself no favours and his message is now lost to the audience he needed to capture the most. Now all he has is preaching to the converted and a stream of abuse whenever he brings anything up. For someone so entrenched in politics he doesn’t understand it very well.

Miguel, Saudis and Newcastle is a busted flush. No one will give him the time of day who doesn’t already think his way.