Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

When it’s completed, would people be happy if we did similar to what Man City did and buy other teams around the world in order to have a collection of clubs?

I mean imagine if we bought Newcastle United Jets in Australia, or an MLS team who played in black and white stripes. A toon army in Saskatoon Canada (not going to happen with Canadian Saudi relationships).

It would be great for having a base to gain talent from around the world, and to gain supporters from.

The fact that we can even think about this sort of thing just blows my fucking mind. This takeover is absolutely huge.

Live streamed tomorrow night. We might get to here from George Caulkin what the crack is with the PL tests.

You will hear my dulcet tones for 5 minutes at the start.

Live streamed tomorrow night. We might get to here from George Caulkin what the crack is with the PL tests.

I prefer my spelling if the word here. :facepalm:

Still not helping :lol:

When it’s completed, would people be happy if we did similar to what Man City did and buy other teams around the world in order to have a collection of clubs?

I mean imagine if we bought Newcastle United Jets in Australia, or an MLS team who played in black and white stripes. A toon army in Saskatoon Canada (not going to happen with Canadian Saudi relationships).

It would be great for having a base to gain talent from around the world, and to gain supporters from.

Get a link up with clubs in a decent league like Belgium, The Netherlands,

and France. Sign up young players and farm them out like Chelsea and bring them into the team when developed or sell on for profit is a better model I believe. Owning other clubs outright I don't see the benefit of versus the cost. If we want a larger foreign fan base signing players from that country like S Korea and Japan would be more beneficial for that.

One of the reasons why they own the clubs is that it technically increases the amount of money they earn, it also helps to subsidise the other clubs if needed be.

The biggest reason they do it is for sponsorship.

Man City’s sponsors are not sponsors of the club, but the group. So for example when Man City signed their Puma deal, they did so for all clubs in their group aside from the MLS and Australian team because their leagues have league deal. In doing this the owners are able to use their companies to sponsor them at a higher rate than what would normally be allowed. FFP could easily look at Man City’s deal and say that’s out of proportion for how big they are, but it’s difficult for them to say that when the deal is for about half a dozen clubs.

Sorry - wasn't picking you up on spelling. Just pointing out that I will be giving a 5 minute speech at the start of the event.

Greg, I wondered if Staveley had reached out to you?

Sorry - wasn't picking you up on spelling. Just pointing out that I will be giving a 5 minute speech at the start of the event.

I'm pleased it's going to be streamed live, definitely will be watching/listening to it.

I really don't like the idea of that meeting before anything has ever happened, should just wait for it to be fully sorted and then a meeting can be arranged by the new owners and the fans and they can discuss everything, if this forum has daily argument every time an article comes out imagine what people would be like face to face.

I really don't like the idea of that meeting before anything has ever happened, should just wait for it to be fully sorted and then a meeting can be arranged by the new owners and the fans and they can discuss everything, if this forum has daily argument every time an article comes out imagine what people would be like face to face.

Unless owners will chopper their way in for the big reveal at the meeting.

Agreed, don't see the point of it at all

They are discussing it because people want fans opinions.

Chi wants fans opinions so if they have concerns she can pass them on, the same with NUST, and Wraith wants opinions so that he can tweet about them and get attention. Caulkin will wants fans opinions so that he can write an article to broadcast those in the media.

You could argue that 1 or all of these people have or will have a line of contact to the consortium.

You could argue that the consortium are in favour of this and can use it to get first hand thoughts from fans.

You could argue that will could learn or influence a lot of what they do with the club and the city.

Chi wants fans opinions so if they have concerns she can pass them on, the same with NUST, and Wraith wants opinions so that he can tweet about them and get attention. Caulkin will wants fans opinions so that he can write an article to broadcast those in the media.

You could argue that 1 or all of these people have or will have a line of contact to the consortium.

You could argue that the consortium are in favour of this and can use it to get first hand thoughts from fans.

You could argue that will could learn or influence a lot of what they do with the club and the city.

Isn't all that will be discussed will be based on assumptions and speculation rather than facts? it seems like nothing new or positive will come out of it other than the same stuff you read online every day.

Isn't all that will be discussed will be based on assumptions and speculation rather than facts? it seems like nothing new or positive will come out of it other than the same stuff you read online every day.

Not if this was set up under the assumption the deal was done. Still could be tomorrow. If they were told last weds by premier league. They might have pushed this ahead based on that.

It's all well and good getting opinions, but pointless if they don't turn out to be our new owners. No reason it couldn't have been done if/when they actually takeover.