Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Guest reefatoon

Why Rafa but not another manager?

Would you trust anyone else?

I’d trust anyone from the list of names that have been mentioned and I am sure they would want a say in how they are going to work and grow the players. Not just Rafa that thinks that way I’m sure.

I think the architectural, planning side of upgrading the training ground would take a long time and imo you’d need to at least be able to see and access the site.

The club already has the plans made. Apologies as my legal and technical knowledge isn’t great but was told by someone in the know who deals with planning. They did them as a PR stunt it would seem as they were submitted to the club. The club then ask for some changes and they were able to bill them in full again with minor changes due to time lapse. This happened on more than one occasion to the delight of the architect.

So when Ashley was offering up plans for the future he had no intention of doing anything with them but they should be there and available for someone else to use according to what I was told.

Isn’t that the sort of thing that could be prepared. They’ve apparently put forward a 300 page business plan to the PL and they haven’t even thought about the basics of what the future training ground would be like?

F#%$ing hell let’s just stick with Ashley then what a load of rubbish.

Aye, that’s exactly what I meant. As many people on here know well I’ll never have a bad word said about Ashley and would rather we stick with him forever. :lol:

All I’ve said is that that quote about not being able to start working on the vision of new facilities before they’ve got the keys to the current one makes no sense to me, and I stand by that. In fact, I’d be surprised if they haven’t already devised some multi year plan of what they want to do with the club, the stadium, the training ground, the staff, the squad etc.

Why Rafa but not another manager?

Would you trust anyone else?

I’d trust anyone from the list of names that have been mentioned and I am sure they would want a say in how they are going to work and grow the players. Not just Rafa that thinks that way I’m sure.

Most clubs do the infrastructure thing themselves and leave the managers to do the tactics and coaching to the managers.

This is great, but again, who’s the source here. Proof will be in the pudding once the deal is done.

If it really is someone involved with advising Staveley then it shows she has the right people around her, possibly a former player to have that kind of knowledge of the current setup.

As for the current site for training.. there’s quite a bit of land just beside it but is that farming land? There’s a few other gyms right beside it, so we use those facilities too?

Move it back to Durham. Lovely part of the world.

And let us watch them train too? Then I'll stop back afterwards and wait to get all their autographs like I used to.

I love this idea, lets do this.

I think the architectural, planning side of upgrading the training ground would take a long time and imo you’d need to at least be able to see and access the site.

The club already has the plans made. Apologies as my legal and technical knowledge isn’t great but was told by someone in the know who deals with planning. They did them as a PR stunt it would seem as they were submitted to the club. The club then ask for some changes and they were able to bill them in full again with minor changes due to time lapse. This happened on more than one occasion to the delight of the architect.

So when Ashley was offering up plans for the future he had no intention of doing anything with them but they should be there and available for someone else to use according to what I was told.

This is normal, changing your plans once you have contracts to build placed is normal, the new building would have gone ahead had we not been relegated. It wasn't a PR stunt, you don't spend that much money on something like this as a PR stunt. In fact you don't do something like this at all as a PR stunt. A PR stunt would have been some high level feasibility study with some shiny looking images but then not doing any further work.

But those approved plans were limited by the current site, and are out dated now already.

And the planning permission has expired.

This is great, but again, who’s the source here. Proof will be in the pudding once the deal is done.

If it really is someone involved with advising Staveley then it shows she has the right people around her, possibly a former player to have that kind of knowledge of the current setup.

As for the current site for training.. there’s quite a bit of land just beside it but is that farming land? There’s a few other gyms right beside it, so we use those facilities too?

The proof will be in the eating. The pudding could yet be rank, out of date and stale. The proof is never in the pudding.

The fact that Staveley & Co are reported to have been thinking about "such specific details" as the Training Ground etc, reads very well to me.

It means that they consider they are already owners of the club, and I can't believe they would be so confident if they had ANY doubts at all about the Premier League Tests.

For some time now I have ceased to think of them as 'possible future owners' and have been thinking of them as "OURS" (our owners) full and complete !!

Feels goooood!

I wouldn't get ahead of yourself. If you were looking to buy a club you'd know whether you wanted a new training ground etc long before even bidding.

The fact that Staveley & Co are reported to have been thinking about "such specific details" as the Training Ground etc, reads very well to me.

It means that they consider they are already owners of the club, and I can't believe they would be so confident if they had ANY doubts at all about the Premier League Tests.

For some time now I have ceased to think of them as 'possible future owners' and have been thinking of them as "OURS" (our owners) full and complete !!

Feels goooood!

I wouldn't get ahead of yourself. If you were looking to buy a club you'd know whether you wanted a new training ground etc long before even bidding.

Like Mike did.

Feels goooood!

Like Mike did.

Mike is an idiot*. Anybody willing to part with half a billion would have a plan of what they would want to do with the asset they were bidding for.

* all he saw was a massive global billboard for his shitty business

Feels goooood!

Like Mike did.

:lol:

:thup:

The Woolsington Hall site is perfect. Turn it into the best training facility in the country. Big enough for first team, academy and woman’s team. Build a mini 10,000 seat stadium. Perfect.

That would be superb, however I doubt the residents in Woolsington would be happy. They put up a hell of a fight to prevent new homes being built near the Falcons ground. They lost that fight however it took years to resolve what with legal challenges etc.

I'll say it again, i went past on Wednesday and they are building houses on it!

Feels goooood!

Like Mike did.

Doing what Mike did isn't a good thing surely?  :lol:

I’m sure they’ve done some high level analysis on potential training ground sites as well as a scope of potential cost at a high level. Whether that means they have design and renderings done is another thing - maybe, but probably nothing they’d like to share on day 1. They’ll flush out the plan in short order and reveal when ready. They wouldn’t want a half baked plan, not this group. When it’s ready to be revealed I’m sure it will be some of the best in Europe.