Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Richard Bevan didn’t really enlighten, other than to say that he wondered whether Mike Ashley was holding out for the opportunity to go with the higher offer from the US. He said that he thought the plan was to resume the Premier League from the end of June and that German managers were worried that they wouldn’t actually finish the season due to a probable second spike. PS just sitting in my office at my golf club looking at Jordan Pickford arriving…

That's very interesting...

Is it? How can Ashley hold out for anything else if the deal is already done, signed and with the PL?

Richard Bevan didn’t really enlighten, other than to say that he wondered whether Mike Ashley was holding out for the opportunity to go with the higher offer from the US. He said that he thought the plan was to resume the Premier League from the end of June and that German managers were worried that they wouldn’t actually finish the season due to a probable second spike. PS just sitting in my office at my golf club looking at Jordan Pickford arriving…

Mike Ashley cannot hold out for the US offer. The deal with PIF is signed and sealed.

Cheers for that :thup: Not sure whether to feel good, bad or nothing about it :lol:

I'm wondering about these checks like. Surely, the Premier league just needs to look down a checklist that they have pre prepared and tick off the boxes. Yes, they may need clarification on something and that's fine but they can't be doing some full blown legal investigation themselves. This piracy claim was thrown out of court in France so therefore it should be dismissed. If BeIn, or anybody else, has a legal issue then don't go to the Premier League, they need to go to the courts. I think they either can't or realise that such a legal battle would be so protracted that any business deals could still be undertaken by the PIF so they're going to the PL bit by bit with their possibly bullshit objections.

Just tell them; you've got X amount of time to prove your spurious allegations or we are dismissing them. Although, if a court of law has already tossed them out then they just need to fuck the fuck off.

I've gone from being warmly but quietly positive about this to irritated by it all. It's easier to seek forgiveness than permission and in today's age we all know that denial of responsibility causes a small spark of outrage that will disappear in a week, so just give the go ahead and put on a "no response from this inbox" reply on the emails that come in from BeIn and pass it through.

I keep seeing us almost seeing light at the end of the tunnel, only for it to be cruelly blocked by naysayers who really do seem to enjoy putting the boot in. We are excited by getting rid of ashley and are trying to be sensible but sometimes we really do need a timescale to aim for. "It takes as long as it takes" is bandied around and that's all well and good, but like in any walk of life, there has to be an approximation of how long something will take and then if that runs over, an explanation of that should be forthcoming. The issue with that is, the PL should absolutely be providing said updates to their customer and should be held to account by said customer when they overrun that timescale.

Thing is, neither I or the fanbase as a whole are the customer in this instance so cannot feel entitled to such updates. This is what is so hard and frustrating for me and perhaps many others.

Sorry for the long winded rant/take on things but I'm just so down on the whole affair now. It's becoming a damp squib.

Is it? How can Ashley hold out for anything else if the deal is already done, signed and with the PL?

What makes you think Ashley can't pull out? If there's an extra 50M on the table, I wouldn't put it past him.

Speaking to JP was just like meeting Harry Rednapp  - you want the people you have hated to be unpleasant and it’s all a bit strange when they are chatty and pleasant. He said he bets I can’t wait for the takeover to go through..

What makes you think Ashley can't pull out? If there's an extra 50M on the table, I wouldn't put it past him.

Because that’s not how business works.

He can’t, contracts for the sale have been signed and are with the PL.

Ashley's signed the contract. It's out of his hands. If it falls through he pockets £17m from Staveley & PIF.

I just want to support my football club, man. That’s what nobody in the media remembers anymore: football. Takeover! Murder! Money! Intrigue!

Was supposed to be a leisure activity where you could travel about the country and watch people representing a place you are from or like at sports. Something with your family and mates. Now we’re just a lightning rod for a conversation about how awful the world is.

I’m not even excited now. Just weary of the next era where our owners receive racist abuse from opposing fans and constant jip from the “liberal and progressive” press. It’s starting to dawn on me: you can’t have nice things anymore.

I should have phrased it that RB speculated that Ashley was hoping this deal would fall through so that he could accept the higher alternative bid. But I repeat that I clearly got the impression that this was simply his opinion, and that he wasn't providing any inside information.

Jordan Pickford and his small arms arriving at the golf club. I bet that's fun :lol:

Bet he's got really long clubs.

He was very polite and chatty, which I could say different but I can't. He did almost trip backwards over some social distancing signs when he got out of his car. It was just a tiny stumble backwards but it took me straight back to Goodison Park....

Jordan Pickford and his small arms arriving at the golf club. I bet that's fun :lol:

Bet he's got really long clubs.

He was very polite and chatty, which I could say different but I can't. He did almost trip backwards over some social distancing signs when he got out of his car. It was just a tiny stumble backwards but it took me straight back to Goodison Park....

:lol: Would love it if you told him that.

I would imagine Saudi have had a few years to make a legal case distancing themselves from the BeoutQ thing.

I mean, how much could a service like that actually be worth compared to what they make a year with oil and other ventures. What would be the point in it.

It’s a frivolous claim at best. Pure political manoeuvring from Qatar who have been isolated since 2017 when the big fallout happened.

I would imagine Saudi have had a few years to make a legal case distancing themselves from the BeoutQ thing.

I mean, how much could a service like that actually be worth compared to what they make a year with oil and other ventures. What would be the point in it.

It’s a frivolous claim at best. Pure political manoeuvring from Qatar who have been isolated since 2017 when the big fallout happened.

The point of it was clearly a 'fuck you' to Qatar, who I think had done their own 'fuck you' by not broadcasting the Premier League in Saudi Arabia.

He doesn't but he's also correct. Reporting on the takeover is bread and butter for them at a time of very little actual football.

I think this is an important point, there is literally nothing else for the rags to report on..

He doesn't but he's also correct. Reporting on the takeover is bread and butter for them at a time of very little actual football.

I think this is an important point, there is literally nothing else for the rags to report on..

There would be if they'd just announce this fucking takeover :D