Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

When exactly did this Masters dude become PL chief? He wasn't there in the beginning of all this was he?

December 2019 but was interim CEO for a while before that.

Cheers Gregg :thup:

These are the people the premier league are allowing to block our takeover.

I’m certainly not naive when it comes to the Saudis, but surely the premier league should be thinking twice about blocking a takeover based on submissions from this lot.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/feb/20/swiss-prosecutors-charge-psg-president-nasser-al-khelaifi-in-fifa-bribery-case

Guest godzilla

These c*nts really are desperate

From that FootballLaw article:

There was no finding or identification that the KSA government or any individual was responsible for the broadcasting of beoutQ’s piracy but Qatar merely ‘established a prima facie case that beoutQ is operated by individuals or entities subject to the criminal jurisdiction of KSA’.

If Qatar are basing the opinion on this report it certainly is desperate

The opinion of a slik > a solicitor on twitter, although I'm sure PIF have Queen's Counsel giving exactly the opposite opinion.

You're right but you also have to take into consideration that one is paid and represents BEIN whilst the other is independent. You're also right that PIF will have the Queen's Counsel saying the opposite also.

That Times tweet seems to me to be deliberately provocative in pointing out that the PL are basically allowing themselves to be pushed around by one of their partners. Not sure why, and a tweet doesn't leave much room for subtlety of expression or nuance so maybe I'm just seeing what I want to see :)

I'm sure that tweet is mentioning two separate things.

It should be worded along the lines of: "The PL’s broadcast partner, beIN Sport, has submitted a QC’s opinion to league chiefs which states that the Saudi takeover of Newcastle United should fail the owners’ and directors’ test; in the meantime it emerged there could be another potential new owner waiting in the wings".

I don't think that the QC is lobbying for the PL to reject the takeover BECAUSE there's a potential new owner.

These c*nts really are desperate

From that FootballLaw article:

There was no finding or identification that the KSA government or any individual was responsible for the broadcasting of beoutQ’s piracy but Qatar merely ‘established a prima facie case that beoutQ is operated by individuals or entities subject to the criminal jurisdiction of KSA’.

If Qatar are basing the opinion on this report it certainly is desperate

The opinion of a slik > a solicitor on twitter, although I'm sure PIF have Queen's Counsel giving exactly the opposite opinion.

It's not from Twitter, it's from the FootballLaw website, its written by a Barrister with experience in sports law.  I'm sure other opinions can be found, I'm just saying that reading him go through the report in that article it's hard to see what in their is against the tests.

Wat :lol:

They can't possibly be trying that as an argument.

They’re not. It’s a badly worded tweet there. There are two seperate statements.

A) Qatar saying PIF should fail

B) It has emerged there is another potential owner waiting in the wings

It should be worded along the lines of: "The PL’s broadcast partner, beIN Sport, has submitted a QC’s opinion to league chiefs which states that the Saudi takeover of Newcastle United should fail the owners’ and directors’ test; in the meantime it emerged there could be another potential new owner waiting in the wings".

I don't think that the QC is lobbying for the PL to reject the takeover BECAUSE there's a potential new owner.

Yeah that's how I read it.

Yep, but the wording in the tweet is directly copied from the Times article. Shoddy writing from a supposedly quality newspaper.

Guest chopey

Fuckin hate those Qatarie Makems

Don't let them get in the way of your '100% celebrating by last weekend' celebrations!

I wont, my boss gave me Monday off as well so my one man Saudi Ardha will last three days

It’d be an absolute fucking outrage if Qatar can exercise such leverage over the PL in this fiasco like.

They corrupted FIFA enough to be handed a World Cup, this is small fry compared to that.

It’d be an absolute fucking outrage if Qatar can exercise such leverage over the PL in this fiasco like.

They corrupted FIFA enough to be handed a World Cup, this is small fry compared to that.

This is it like, I keep thinking "nah no way they can manipulate the PL this much" then I remember about the world cup.

They’re not. It’s a badly worded tweet there. There are two seperate statements.

A) Qatar saying PIF should fail

B) It has emerged there is another potential owner waiting in the wings

I see it now :lol: :thup:

Tis poorly worded.

The biggest sleeping giant in English football has stirred. What about their support of terrorism, bribery to get World Cup and slave labour Martin ?

And as for biggest sleeping giant, even the Mackems have averaged over 40k in their history you corrupt Cnut.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/andrea-radrizzani-new-qatar-investor-can-get-leeds-up-to-level-of-man-city-bfd0gcqlf

The biggest sleeping giant in English football has stirred. What about their support of terrorism, bribery to get World Cup and slave labour Martin ?

And as for biggest sleeping giant, even the Mackems have averaged over 40k in their history you corrupt Cnut.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/andrea-radrizzani-new-qatar-investor-can-get-leeds-up-to-level-of-man-city-bfd0gcqlf

Geedup!