Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Guest godzilla

For what it’s worth, Caulkin has pointed out that 2 weeks ago they reported on the player contracts extensions and they had the approval of the new owners.

He also says it’s not an indication of Ashley staying on but the club just doing business.

He also said "It does reflect the sense of uncertainty though" which does not sound to me that promising either.

Put it like this, at the start of these checks 12 weeks ago or whatever it has been, did anyone there think the new owners would give Carroll a new deal because I certainly didn’t.

We don't have new owners yet though.

Yeah that’s what the discussion is, is this a Ashley is staying decision or not.

The club still has to keep going, offering new contracts isn't relevant to the takeover. It isn't in the interests of Ashley/Charnley to lose players they consider assets, when there's still the potential for this deal to later fall through and them have lost said assets.

:thup:

it's amazing how many people think everything stops at a business when a takeover is happening.

Purchases and contract negotiations are usually frozen during a takeover of a business.

In Football Manager, real life is a tad different i guess.

No outside of football, in business. No idea about football takeovers though

Ah see what you mean, carry on  :icon_salut:

Next thursday will be a quarter of a year since it was reported the PL were starting their ODT. A quarter of a year...

They have run out of excuses as to why its taking so long

Because they are hoping the buyers walk away so they don’t have too.

Guest awaymag

Next thursday will be a quarter of a year since it was reported the PL were starting their ODT. A quarter of a year...

I reckon PIF failed the O&D test and ever since they have been working with the PL to address whatever they failed on, so the PL can then pass them.  Its the only explanation for a quarter of a year to pass and all the conflicting newspaper reports.

All I know is, if PIF aren't successful then I won't have the energy to care about NUFC and 30% possession football!

Guest chopey

It's a good advert for foreign investment in the Premier league, fuckas think they are so important, it's 11 blokes kicking a ball for fucks  sake.

Guest godzilla

f***ing hell that’s mental  :lol:

It is and how you can't make a decision in that time when they have had all the evidence available to them. Bunch of amateurs.

They have run out of excuses as to why its taking so long

Because they are hoping the buyers walk away so they don’t have too.

This is a possibility which I mentioned the other night. In my own head I’ve give it to end of next week, if it doesn’t happen by then the premier leagues ability to make a decision on this looks questionable.

They don’t want to be responsible for repercussions with U.K. government, and at the same time masters and co are terrified bein pull plug on tv deal.

It really is a shit show and the premier leagues credibility will be shot if PIF are forced to walk away due to the indefinite wait for a decision.

I know some on here think they won’t walk away due to losing face with Qatar but time will tell.

I haven't engaged much in the whole takeover crap, but quite a few signs now are pointing towards Ashley staying.

Glad I didn't waste my energy, effort and time on yet another sorry episode of Ashley's NUFC. Cunt.

There is nothing pointing towards Ashley staying.

He is already gone WE just don't know it yet !!!

Guest chopey

No way they will walk and I'm still 100% convinced it will go through but can you imagine the backlash of it gets knocked back, the next takeover will be so scrutinised looking for discrimination Masters will not know what's hit him.