Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Typical Daily Mail stuff there.

There is no mention that Bin Laden’s family have a global construction and a finance company and are very well respected.

Barely any mention of the fact that his family cut him off very early on, well before he was a well known global terrorist.

Barely any that the family try and compensate by donating well to humanitarian projects etc.

We are in the process of being taken over by a Saudi company, not government.

And the crown prince of Saudi Arabia is chairman of that 'company'.

It's pretty clear this deal is going one way now and it ain't towards completion...

What is it with you and writing ludicrously negative comments and then disappearing?  :lol:

Owning Newcastle United and making us a big club with ambition, and perhaps build and provide jobs in the city is not any problem with theese new owners. Hard to think they will stop human rights or kill people in England.

The problem they have is in Saudi Arabia and have nothing to do with Newcastle United.

Ashley did alot worse for Newcastle and the Premier League, FA, Amnisty, beIN sport or the pope didn't say a word about that!

Wait what? Amnesty didnt say a word about how Ashley did poorly for Newcastle?

This is shocking. Why do they all hate us?

Man I can’t believe there are people putting the Saudi flag in their Twitter. Also Wraith is happily stoking the “Amnesty are hypocrites!” Idiots on Twitter.

The average IQ of the replies must be about ten

Looking at this guy's timeline and I can't decide if it'd be better if he was taking the p*ss or not. :lol: dedication either way.

:lol: I know who he is. Lived in the same street in Birtley as my mate when I was a kid.

He's got a fair few screws loose. He and his family were known as the "smelly Ellys" by neighbours. Fun fact for you there.

Is his brother Craig, because there's someone else posting pretty much the same all the time?

Guest Howaythetoon

As for the likes of AI and everyone else, they all have agendas and talk shite, I don’t trust any of them, none of them are in it for the right reasons/people. They can all fuck themselves. Right now, I’m of the opinion I’d rather this didn’t give through as I think our beloved club will become a political football kicked around by bodies and organisations whose are all 50 faced themselves, the cunts!

I'm pleased we have had a relatively quiet day. No takeover news, no amnesty, no Bein sports, I think we all needed that.

We needed a cool down.

Lasted long.

The leaking of this letter smacks of opportunism to me, why else would they do it. The journalist posting it on twitter mentioned that there has been no response but the letter is dated today.

Was anyone here genuinely concerned about Saudis human records before they looked like being the new owners?

I wasn't...their behaviour would probably have came about 2 or 3 hundredth on my concern list  only just beating whether or not it was going to be sunny tomorrow or not.

Maybe that makes me a twat, but I'm not going to get on a moral high ground on something that's never mattered before

Surely other clubs can't have a say in it? They could just attempt to block any takeover if that's the case.

That's why it'll go through. Imagine the ramifications if it didn't.

Also, Henry Winter doesn't really do bullshit.

I'm pleased we have had a relatively quiet day. No takeover news, no amnesty, no Bein sports, I think we all needed that.

We needed a cool down.

Lasted long.

The leaking of this letter smacks of opportunism to me, why else would they do it. The journalist posting it on twitter mentioned that there has been no response but the letter is dated today.

They state in the letter they already offered this before and the PL ignored them. Clearly just a little PR move on the back of some other leaked letters.

If PIF were buying Man United or Liverpool, would the reaction be the same, or much worse?

Be the saviours of football if they bought Man Utd. The red carpet would be rolled out.

There would be an acknowledgement that sport and politics are separate issues.

Aye, it would be full of articles like this praising them: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/11/04/manchester-united-fans-may-want-rid-club-glazers-sportswashing/

To be owned by the Saudis would be enough for any match-going United follower to surrender their season ticket. To see the club in which they have made such a huge emotional investment used as a vehicle for self-promotion by the most brutally repressive regime on earth is beyond revolting. Yes, it might indeed mean they could sign Lionel Messi. But no-one with a conscience could cheerfully support the club were the Saudis to take up residence in the Old Trafford board room.

The red carpet for sure. Can we please cease with this cretinous paranoid nonsense?

"United" fans are the biggest load of self-aggrandising pious hypocritical arseholes I've ever met. And I come from a Celtic supporting family, so I know what that means...

In fairness to Penn he posted once on the wind up that Benitez had the job so I stuck 20 quid on it, and it ended up being true anyway.

What were the odds?  :lol:

I can’t remember if you go back you’ll find it, I was initially really pissed off with him but it ended up working in my favour

From memory, I only ever remember Penn posting pre match team information and I think it was always right.

Not sure if this new negative persona is a cry for attention or because they are about to lose their job,

The government have said they will not interfere.

The money is worth a ridiculously large sum to the PL.

The 3 directors seem like good eggs to me.

Just a case of confirming it by lunchtime so the press can have a moan over the weekend, then winge about gowns and masks on Monday

In fairness to Penn he posted once on the wind up that Benitez had the job so I stuck 20 quid on it, and it ended up being true anyway.

What were the odds?  :lol:

I can’t remember if you go back you’ll find it, I was initially really p*ssed off with him but it ended up working in my favour

From memory, I only ever remember Penn posting pre match team information and I think it was always right.

Not sure if this new negative persona is a cry for attention or because they are about to lose their job,

If he had known the ins and outs about benitez and singnings I should imagine he would have had more than 20 quid on it. I know I would have

Surely other clubs can't have a say in it? They could just attempt to block any takeover if that's the case.

Clubs who would jump at the chance of the same investment

Hypocritical cunts.