Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Wish everyone would just fuck off and leave us alone.

Does that come from a place of concern that the takeover is genuinely likely to be blocked?

The more backlash there is, the more concerned I am. Based on nothing but fear.

I feel like there's nothing any organisation can say that will get the PL to change their established policies. Policies which are gonna let it happen. If they meet the test they meet the test.

If the PL were quashing this on human rights grounds, it wouldnt have got past the first week IMO.

You dont start with financial checks, then move on to despotism.

"So Mr Hitler, your financial documents are all in order and this is an excellent plan for the development of this football club you wish to purchase. Now, if we could just have a peak at your human rights file and..... oh wow, somebodies been a naughty boy!"

It's exactly this.

"Have you got loads of money"?

Yes

"You're in then".

It's so Newcastle United that on the verge of getting rid of Mike Ashley everyone is trying to stop it :lol:

I doubt the latter matters much, including the fact they say the PL should prevent governments from owning clubs, which is fucking impossible now.

I'm mostly just tired of this, just wanted it done with. Can't enjoy one minute of a potentially massive takeover. It's just not worth it at this point

Same here man.

If the PL were quashing this on human rights grounds, it wouldnt have got past the first week IMO.

"So Mr Hitler, your financial documents are all in order and this is an excellent plan for the development of this football club in which you wish to purchase. Now, if we could just have a peak at your human rights file and..... oh wow, somebodies been a naughty boy!"

It's financial checks, despotism then watching the game by snide means. I believe Hitler failed with a bid for Northampton Town after being caught peeking over the wall at Sixfields.

:lol: What can I say. These people are the snowflake generation. It's PC gone WILD.

What you prattling on about? Again, nobody is doubting their human rights record. Nobody is downplaying it. We are just discussing the likely impact it is likely to have on the takeover.

We dont need your virtue signalling in this thread, thanks.

"So Mr Hitler, your financial documents are all in order and this is an excellent plan for the development of this football club in which you wish to purchase. Now, if we could just have a peak at your human rights file and..... oh wow, somebodies been a naughty boy!"

It's financial checks, despotism then watching the game by snide means. I believe Hitler failed with a bid for Northampton Town after being caught peeking over the wall at Sixfields.

:lol: :lol: That's true mind.

Wish everyone would just fuck off and leave us alone.

Does that come from a place of concern that the takeover is genuinely likely to be blocked?

The more backlash there is, the more concerned I am. Based on nothing but fear.

I feel like there's nothing any organisation can say that will get the PL to change their established policies. Policies which are gonna let it happen. If they meet the test they meet the test.

Tbf, if the PL start changing established policies based on some negative press, they will open a can of worms which will give them 10x the blowback. They would be doing the right thing by following the usual protocols. Regardless of whether it's our club or any other. You can argue that clubs shouldn't be for sale to foreign buyers, and you could have a case, but a bit late to shut the door on that one now.

And yes, I know this is different in that it is backed by a state govt, but officially it's still just a an investment group on paper.

If Amnesty is being brushed off and our own government aren’t objecting, then this private human rights cover up PR company aren’t going to do any good.

It has already been said by the Premier League themselves. We are in the process of being taken over by a Saudi company, not government.

If and when the takeover goes though, the shite flying our way is only going to get worse -much worse Prepare for human rights demos outside St James, etc. Just gonna have to suck it up, whilst aknowledging that the Saudi's have some shitty practices in how they run their country.

Find it all a bit silly. It’s disgusting how far they push the Human Rights argument to blockers this takeover. Good thing for Man Utd to just slip that sponsor deal through. But of course, nobody gives them the stick...  or the Man City owners for that sake. All other rich owners are alllll nice guys.

I'm not a particular fan of that dentist fella but in the latest podcast he did, he explained briefly about Bein sport and the beef between the Saudis and Qatar. Basically the Qataries are worried that SA will start moving in on the sports in the region after Bein lost the rights to the F1 to UAE.

If PIF were buying Man United or Liverpool, would the reaction be the same, or much worse?

You will get grief for suggesting that we are somehow victims of a press agenda mind.

If PIF were buying Man United or Liverpool, would the reaction be the same, or much worse?

Be the saviours of football if they bought Man Utd. The red carpet would be rolled out.

There would be an acknowledgement that sport and politics are separate issues.

Find it all a bit silly. It’s disgusting how far they push the Human Rights argument to blockers this takeover. Good thing for Man Utd to just slip that sponsor deal through. But of course, nobody gives them the stick...  or the Man City owners for that sake. All other rich owners are alllll nice guys.

Whataboutery.

Guest Butcher

Whataboutery.

The most annoying word in the World atm.