NUFC : Next Manager (Bruce is here forever)

Guest The Little Waster

Nufc Next Manager : Poch or Rafa ?  

343 members have voted

1. 1. Nufc Next Manager : Poch or Rafa ?

• Pochettino
    • Rafa

While there’s still a very real chance of us being relegated, Bruce should be no where near the job.

Imagine we get taken over, become the richest club in the world, and then get relegated. We’ll be a laughing stock.

Who's to say there isn't a chance a new manager would get us relegated? He'd be walking in cold ( unless it was Rafa) and with 9 games to go would have no idea who his players were, or how they are used to setting up. It could backfire badly if that happened, all the thicker fans would be in uproar.

Bruce might as well finish the season. At the stage we’re at I don’t think we would fail to get at least 5 points. Then let the new manager spend the gazillions in the summer and shape the team however he wants.

Keep seeing people say don't go back to Rafa as if it's been so long since he left. Not even a year ffs. Just pretend that he had to go on gardening leave and Ashley got the local butcher to step into fill Rafa's position.

Allegri improved Juve after Conte. Two CL finals. It's easy to forget he also won the title for Milan in 2011 too (their only Scudetto in the last 15 years).

He's a very good coach and if he has learned English would be a very good appointment.

Another thing in Rafa's favour is complete knowledge of the current playing staff (aside from ASM and Joelinton) and who will be worth keeping or jettisoning, and how to get the best out of them all.

It won't feel like a huge overhaul of the whole team will be needed in the same way as it might if someone with completely different ideas comes in.

People always say that about Rafa but under his time we beat Spurs 5-1 (with 10 men), Chelsea 3-0, QPR 0-6, Fulham 0-4 and probably plenty of others I can't remember.

With a better team I'm sure we'd be more expansive while also being sound defensively

Yeah. I'd define Rafa's teams as functional rather than negative. The result of hard engrained training regimes and patterns of play. Yes it meant some routine results but it also meant when we got going we could put teams away ruthlessly.

People always say that about Rafa but under his time we beat Spurs 5-1 (with 10 men), Chelsea 3-0, QPR 0-6, Fulham 0-4 and probably plenty of others I can't remember.

With a better team I'm sure we'd be more expansive while also being sound defensively

It's a bit of a myth if you ask me. Yeah, he sets up to be cautious, but he mainly sets up to exploit weaknesses in the opposition. His Liverpool side Man Utd a hiding at Old Trafford (I know Man Utd went down to 10) and there's probably more examples.

I just fucking hate the lazy press over here which promote the idea that he's some ultra-defensive coach because we had 20% possession against Man City, arguably the most possession based team on the planet. Yet, the likes of Allardyce is hailed as some master manager whilst playing the dullest football known to man, and Mr Bruce and Mr Pardew are heralded 'front foot' managers which is completely wrong.

We gave a fantastic Liverpool side a good go in May last year, losing only to a dive from Fabinho. I'd say he is extremely focused on tactics rather than just setting out to defend all game.

Yeah people always go back to that Man City game where we lost 0-1 I think when we first came back up and had low possession but it nearly worked. Diame had a chance at the end and Aarons nearly scored with a chip. A year later we beat them and were the only team to beat them for months

We gave most teams a game under Rafa

It would be nice if one journo, any fucker with a pair of balls, would do a piece on Bruce and why he's not been widely accepted by his own, why he doesn't represent hope, why many of us cannot and will not get behind him, why he's seen as Ashley's man rather than the constant fucking reference to him being a nice bloke the players like.

Getting right on my tits this rhetoric that he deserves a chance.

He deserves fuck all. He didn't even deserve the opportunity in the first place FFS.

I think a Rafa style team with massively improved players would be a joy to watch, to be honest. Confident of a real game plan in every single game.

Exactly. From January onwards (post-Almiron) in 18/19 we were great at times. Thoroughly enjoyed watching us. It's a myth that people believe because pundits/journalists say it.

You should always listen to a group of fans on anything IMO. Managers, players etc. Palace learned that the hard with Pardew, if only they had listened to us and not the media saying we were harsh to him. Players can look amazing on MOTD etc but when you go on forums & social media and see what that specific teams fans have to say, who watch that player every week, you will get a better interpretation really.

Obviously there will be some who improve at other clubs (Ciaran Clark for example) but by and large I think people are technically brainwashed really.

Allegri also made the biggest transfer fuck up of recent memory selling Pirlo. He did win the title with AC but that was also a stacked team with Ibra, Nesta etc. I would take him, but there are others I'd have ahead of him for sure.

He didn't sell him technically as he was out of contract. Definitely a fuck up though and an underestimation of Pirlo's remaining career. Once Juve put the likes of Vidal, Pogba and Marchisio around him there was plenty left in the tank.

I’ve been thinking about how much money Everton have chucked away over the past couple of seasons to get absolutely nowhere. If we can assume the new owners want to invest to break into the top 6 clubs and we have a comparable transfer budget rather than a City, Liverpool, Man U etc the more I think it has to be Rafa or someone similar to build a philosophy within the club. I know that’s a bit of an overused phrase.

Appointing Rafa and giving him a long blanket is about as good as we could realistically expect to do in the next month or 2.

Keeping Bruce for any longer than the next 9 games makes zero sense. Like, none at all. He's not the future of the club under any circumstance. Giving the thick cunt money to spend doesn't bare thinking about

Appointing Rafa and giving him a long blanket is about as good as we could realistically expect to do in the next month or 2.

Keeping Bruce for any longer than the next 9 games makes zero sense. Like, none at all. He's not the future of the club under any circumstance. Giving the thick cunt money to spend doesn't bare thinking about

:thup:

Apologies if the following particular scenario is already discussed on previous pages. But if the season ends up cancelled, considering all the noise about letting Bruce have his chance, do people think they'd give him a chance to start next season if he doesn't get the final games of this season to 'impress'?

:thup:

Apologies if the following particular scenario is already discussed on previous pages. But if the season ends up cancelled, considering all the noise about letting Bruce have his chance, do people think they'd give him a chance to start next season if he doesn't get the final games of this season to 'impress'?

No