Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

It’s 50-50 at best that Ashley will win and then we have the risk of PIF no longer being interested. I’d say that means chances are less than 50-50

Edited by RS

Gives us something to talk about in this thread. Because the reality’s is there’s nothing else to talk around. 

Edited by RS

9 minutes ago, RS said:

It’s 50-50 at best that Ashley will win and then we have the risk of PIF no longer being interested. I’d say that means chances are less than 50-50

Alreet Steiner. 

Guest reefatoon
4 minutes ago, RS said:

Gives us something to talk about in this thread. Because the reality’s is there’s nothing else to talk around. 

Well I’m going 30% it’s happening, 20% it’s not and 50% it drags on until the end of time.

11 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

Well I’m going 30% it’s happening, 20% it’s not and 50% it drags on until the end of time.

No need to worry about Rafa going to Everton - he’ll be available again before the consortium is calling the shots…

10% happening 90% wont happen. I just dont believe the corrupt legal system in the country...

Even if NUFC has the best lawyers and the evidences against the PL are strong; the corrupt judges, base on nepotism only, will always favour English establishment (PL) over dirty morally bankrupt barbaric backwater foreign Arabs (PIF).

2 minutes ago, veriaqa said:

10% happening 90% wont happen. I just dont believe the corrupt legal system in the country...

Even if NUFC has the best lawyers and the evidences against the PL are strong; the corrupt judges, base on nepotism only, will always favour English establishment (PL) over dirty morally bankrupt barbaric backwater foreign Arabs (PIF).

Your disgust of the British legal system is evident, and quite humourous mind [emoji38]

Is it that bad over here?

Edited by NE27

16 minutes ago, veriaqa said:

What the hell is this?! :lol:

15 minutes ago, NE27 said:

Your disgust of the British legal system is evident, and quite humourous mind [emoji38]

Is it that bad over here?

No. He’s got some really warped view of it from somewhere.

It’s not perfect (no legal system is) but it’s not corrupt.

Politicians on the other hand…

5 minutes ago, LV said:

No. He’s got some really warped view of it from somewhere.

It’s not perfect (no legal system is) but it’s not corrupt.

Politicians on the other hand…

I got it from here. From this forum.

59 minutes ago, Ben said:

The Premier League and the likes of UEFA are ravaged by corruption, hopefully the legal system will serve justice.

Knowing that the verdict will probably be a thanks to the 'Big 6' for highlighting the dodgy people who want to get into our League, and as a reward we'll drop your punishment for trying to set up ESL

2 hours ago, veriaqa said:

:spit:

It seems beautifully ironic that the PL are still waiting on a final decision on their request for a competition exclusion order so they can extend the current UK TV rights after they were given a 'no red flags' preliminary response over a month ago.

How apt it would be if the government, following concerns raised in the consultation, were to require that the PL resolve the current CAT case against them before they will grant the exclusion order.

27 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

It seems beautifully ironic that the PL are still waiting on a final decision on their request for a competition exclusion order so they can extend the current UK TV rights after they were given a 'no red flags' preliminary response over a month ago.

How apt it would be if the government, following concerns raised in the consultation, were to require that the PL resolve the current CAT case against them before they will grant the exclusion order.

If the govt as we suspect strongly want this investment, what better opportunity to use the tv deal as leverage.

8 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

If the govt as we suspect strongly want this investment, what better opportunity to use the tv deal as leverage.

Yeah, it would make sense for them to do it that way too, the government probably couldn't be seen to be raising the issue of their alleged anti-competitive actions around our takeover off their own bat, but I know for a fact that it has been raised in the exclusion order consultation.

What an absolute clusterfuck this place has turned into.

That is 2 days in a row now that 2  advocates of this positive thread @manorpark @Whitley mag, immigrated to the other thread, squibbled with those on there and got that thread locked. Ffs. Absolutely insane. 

1 and a half year into this saga and people still can't behave themselves. Mods, its about time you guys come to a decision. Either we have only one thread on takeovers or let both be opened or locked. You can't keep locking one and not the other. Its freaking useless if the positive blokes infiltrate the realist thread and call people cunts and twats and thread gets locked or even vice versa if people come in this thread and start calling others names.

Embarassing as fuck. Rtg levels.

Edited by nufcjb

Yeah I don't want to fan the flames, but it's a lot harder to discuss any particular outcomes or theories in this particular thread as it's called the positive thread, and unfortunately they're not always positive reports.

I understand how this one came about, but do feel we need to just merge the threads and moderate it as best as the mods can.