Jeff Hendrick (on loan at Sheffield Wednesday)

gdm

Thought he was fine today. Often available for the ball, often moved it on first time or quickly, often got into a decent defensive position and didn't get caught in no man's land or just walked past (ala Shelvey). Absolutely nothing special and never will be mind but he was fine. Can be functional in this kind of set-up and this kind of game.

Which match were you watching?  He was terrible, he literally can't track runners from midfield which is I sort of think was his primary role today but it's hard to tell under Bruce.

Thought he was fine today. Often available for the ball, often moved it on first time or quickly, often got into a decent defensive position and didn't get caught in no man's land or just walked past (ala Shelvey). Absolutely nothing special and never will be mind but he was fine. Can be functional in this kind of set-up and this kind of game.

Which match were you watching?  He was terrible, he literally can't track runners from midfield which is I sort of think was his primary role today but it's hard to tell under Bruce.

Totally disagree. He did a solid job, no different to what Hayden normally does.

Neither are my version of the future of Newcastle but I'm not going to criticise anyone for the sake of it.

He clearly wasn't terrible like.

Who was the worst player on the pitch for NUFC today?

Saint-Maximin.

Yeah he is shit nothing to do with the fact he needs to be played out wide as he gets no space when central.  Bruve gives him a free role as  he knows he is our best player but just doesn't understand how to get the best out of him.

It's on the left far up breaking at pace and cutting in and scoring a thunderbastard etc or breaking into the box.

Who was the worst player on the pitch for NUFC today?

Saint-Maximin.

Yeah he is shit nothing to do with the fact he needs to be played out wide as he gets no space when central.  Bruve gives him a free role as  he knows he is our best player but just doesn't understand how to get the best out of him.

It's on the left far up breaking at pace and cutting in and scoring a thunderbastard etc or breaking into the box.

Agree. He needs to be able to get the defence on the run. Difficult from the middle.