Jamal Lewis (on loan at Watford)

joeyt

2 minutes ago, Amir_9 said:

Strikes me as a collect a wage and couldn't be arsed type of footballer.

Think thats harsh. By all accounts he seems well liked He had an awful run of injuries and things just not going right for him. He seems a total confidence player and one that has been totally lacking it for most of his time here. 

He just looks scared and error prone every time he plays. Needs a run of games which we could never afford him, just to get confidence back and his body used to the rigours of the game. A season loan somewhere is the least he needs. I don't see him turning it around. That said many would have said the same about Joey and I thought the same about Murphy too.

Interested to find out what went on between Howe and Fraser as there is no way Lewis should still be this far up the pecking order, and yet because of the issue with Fraser, here we are.

He played further up the pitch for NIR against Finland in Euro qualifiers and was one of their better players. Eddie showing his versatility to potential suitors.

Edited by Pata

No disrespect to the lad, but I felt he stuck out like a sore thumb tonight. 

I would usually cut a defender some slack when played out of position but he's supposed to be an attacking fullback, and yet I never felt confident when he got the ball in the final third. He actually looked quite stiff on the ball and I'm still surprised how slow he looks. 

He'll be an adequate Championship fullback, but very little more. 

It’s a shame we’ll never get our money back off him. Was really hoping under the coaches he has that he’d develop well, but it’s down to the player too and I know he’s had injuries, but doesn’t look like he’s moved forward at all. 

15 minutes ago, Andy84 said:

Permanent surely, needs to move on 

Aye, nice comments from Howe the other day but I don't think he is in the conversation and not close to displacing Targett or Burn. Loan to buy likely but hopefully a straight purchase that we can reinvest. Good luck to him.

Has to be the most awkward footballer i’ve ever seen in possession, he’s fucking painful to watch and his first instinct is to turn back on himself every time. 

Absolutely criminal there must be lads playing non-league who have more about them.

Would be a result if we can shift him on permanently and get anything back in the way of a fee. Think if it was going to work out for him here there'd have been some sign of it by now