Jamal Lewis (on loan at Watford)

joeyt

I don’t know what has happened to the lad - he was highly rated when we signed him.  He was really poor against a third tier side here.

If anyone can get the lad up to speed it’s Howe and his coaching team - but I’ve seen nothing so far to suggest that the lad has what it takes

37 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I don’t know what has happened to the lad - he was highly rated when we signed him.  He was really poor against a third tier side here.

If anyone can get the lad up to speed it’s Howe and his coaching team - but I’ve seen nothing so far to suggest that the lad has what it takes

Was he?

I can’t remember hearing much of anything about him before he was linked with us.

Maxwell Aarons was the one who was rated highly.

He’s shown nothing during his time here to be anything other than he was, a cheap buy for Ashley to cover a hole in the squad who was young and who he hoped would develop somehow so he could sell him on.

He’s not up to the challenge and I can’t say he would even do the job for any decent Championship teams.

3 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Was he?

I can’t remember hearing much of anything about him before he was linked with us.

Maxwell Aarons was the one who was rated highly.

He’s shown nothing during his time here to be anything other than he was, a cheap buy for Ashley to cover a hole in the squad who was young and who he hoped would develop somehow so he could sell him on.

He’s not up to the challenge and I can’t say he would even do the job for any decent Championship teams.

Liverpool were after him at the time - but Norwich were asking for more than they were happy to pay.  Liverpool bid £10m but it was turned down

https://www.rousingthekop.com/2021/12/16/jamal-lewis-set-for-thankless-task-after-nearly-signing-for-liverpool-in-2020/?amp

He made one overlapping run in the first half which was electric, and I thought here we go, he started poorly but now he's in gear. Then he went back into his shell for the rest of the match.

He's got the all the physical assets, but no drive or fight in him. He's like a left back version of Murphy.

3 hours ago, St1pe said:

I thought he showed something when he first signed but it was a little worrying how shite he was yesterday. 

He needs a really good run of games in the Championship. 

Then subsequently was absolutely shocking and got dropped in his main position for a winger :lol:

Championship is far above the level Lewis is good for.

He showed good potential at Norwich in the PL and would have been a Liverpool player before they got the Greek lad if they weren't priced out. Liverpool saw him as a lower fee with add-ons type player they could develop while playing Robertson but we paid the going rate as a regular and had Steve Bruce.

7 hours ago, jonny1403 said:

Need to loan him to a top 6 championship club that will support him and gain his confidence back playing in a winning team then sell him this summer or next. 

What top 6 championship club would want him. He is not league 1 quality, nevermind a Championship side looking towards PL football.