Jamal Lewis (on loan at Watford)

joeyt

Too early to judge him under Howe. Patience is required. Until his injury he was Howe’s first choice LB iirc so you’d like to think fit he’d be No.2. 

Not saying I particularly rate him but mindful I saw him playing fit under Bruce. He looked better those couple of games under Howe before he got injured. Burnley iirc he had a canny game.

Lewis has been desperate for decent coaching since signing here and he didn't get a modicum of that under lard arse. Under Howe he was improving and was coming into his own in early December before he got injured. Much rather he be closer to getting on the pitch than Dummett.

Thought he was okay. Not at Targett levels of composure but he has ability. Certainly better going forwards than backwards but I do agree he certainly doesn't excel in any one particular area.

He’s clearly lost whatever confidence he had going forward - he makes the run, checks back and knocks off an easy pass every time. That’s not the player we bought - he was a proper attacking fullback from what I remember. Get him some game time to build up his fitness and confidence and hopefully Eddie can spark his resurgence, Joelinton-style

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

Not great, but he hasn't kicked a ball for months. 

He should still be able to see that run and cross coming in :lol:  Even if he doesn’t win the duel. 

Match fitness is a thing. Like all our other players who have turned it around (Big Jo, Krafth etc.) will give him a bit longer under Howe before judging him too harshly, and more than 20 minutes play time. That defending was not it today mind :lol: