Football governance

Nobody

20 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Honestly Ilkay, you're being paid well over 100k a week to do your job which is to play football, so excuse me for not shedding a tear that you might have to sit on the bench for an extra couple of games per season. 

But yes, the format is shit, but it was put in place by the same cunts who wanted the SL, so no sympathy here. 

1 minute ago, Nobody said:

Honestly Ilkay, you're being paid well over 100k a week to do your job which is to play football, so excuse me for not shedding a tear that you might have to sit on the bench for an extra couple of games per season. 

But yes, the format is shit, but it was put in place by the same cunts who wanted the SL, so no sympathy here. 

If I was him I would just pack in, he could probably earn more and have a better standard of life fitting rubber seals on the line at Nissan 

1 hour ago, RodneyCisse said:

They need punishing because next opportunity they’ll be back in to fuck off again.

This.  Make all six of them start off next season on minus-25 points.  Otherwise the only lesson they'll learn is to be more organized next time

1 hour ago, GideonShandy said:

This.  Make all six of them start off next season on minus-25 points.  Otherwise the only lesson they'll learn is to be more organized next time

That just affects one season, not good enough. Needs to include a European ban for a few years too. And maybe a transfer embargo for a few windows. 

By the sounds of it the 14 clubs are just happy to have them back, I don't think they will get much of a punishment other than a token gesture to ban members of the super6 joining obscure premier league committees 

22 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

That just affects one season, not good enough. Needs to include a European ban for a few years too. And maybe a transfer embargo for a few windows. 

... and a points deduction.  The lack of incoming transfers and prima donnas leaving for CL football (and the chance to work with David Moyes!) will put some of them into serious relegation fights. A six pointer between Arsenal and Tottenham on the last day of the season. I'd pay serious money to watch that.

i think the influence the 6 have had on Masters needs to be investigated.

these stories now coming out of them having private meetings, making demands etc behind the backs of the other 14 and "threatening to leave" if they werent agreed.

some anonymous statements and also the sheff utd owner has confirmed what we all knew.

and i'm sure this also affected our takeover attempt.

So the PL is apparently looking to change the rules to expel any team that leaves the PL? 

So they leave to join a super duper league and say they ain't coming back, and the PL tell them you won't be coming back?! 

That's some hard hitting punishment right there 🙄

4 minutes ago, Scotty66 said:

So the PL is apparently looking to change the rules to expel any team that leaves the PL? 

So they leave to join a super duper league and say they ain't coming back, and the PL tell them you won't be coming back?! 

That's some hard hitting punishment right there 🙄

Key thing with the Super league proposal we just had is that they wanted to stay in the PL, with Super as a champs league replacement. So this new rule will probably head off any future Super ideas as they would no longer be in the domestic game. 

There is already a rule that says they are not allowed to enter in any other tournaments other than the UEFA sanctioned ones. 

Just seen a clip from SSN where the guy says the other 14 teams are looking to punish the owners and directors rather than the clubs themselves, so doesn't seem like there'll be any point deductions or big fines coming. Basically just handing all the power that they had after this back to the Sinister Six. 

8 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Assuming Scottish football needs to retain its biggest revenue generators for the same reason English football needs to retain its - some reform there would surely be necessary if the Old Firm packed its bags? Where do Stenhousemuir get the bulk of their finances? Does Scotland have a trickle-down system like England (which would presumably take a massive hit in the event of Celtic and Rangers leaving?) Asking cos I don't know. Would be good to get a the likes of @TaylorJ_01's view on this stuff. 

Obviously the political issues would mean creating a 'British league' would be massively unpopular with a massive proportion of the fanbase, but you'd like to think it's something the authorities could discuss one day openly and constructively. Scotland has the most lucrative league in the world immediately next door, it's a pity for it that it might as well be just as distant as the Belarusian league. 

I dunno. I just feel like change is going to come eventually and the discourse needs to be shaped around equality and mutual gains, lest we end up with total shite like the Super League. 

I'm in Edinburgh now, but from Glasgow. Generally everyone hates the old firm for a variety of reasons, but absolutely understands they can't live without them. Most clubs only survive due to the old firm payday, and one of the main aims of making it into the 'split' is for the additional games vs Rangers and Celtic.

Scotland without those two is a much more dire situation than England without the 'big six'. England have some enormous clubs outside the big six, we have absolutely nothing. The teams are broke, there are no fans, there's no TV money. The European spots would vanish too.

There's probably some universe, that without them everything becomes more even etc etc. I don't see it, the money the old firm bring to the SPL is simply too huge to imagine there being any real league without them.

Below the SPL is sort of an unknown for me. However, some league 2 players play in my Wednesday 5s team pre-season, that probably tells you all you need to know...

I don't know how they'd do it and know they won't do it anyway but banning the owners ensures this wont come up again. At the very least they signed off on it and most likely all but one or two were deeply involved. Not their lackey's like Soriano and Buck to be the sacrificial lambs. Can you imagine Ashley finally getting done and Canary M Burns Charnley taking the fall? Probably why he's there.

Edited by Wolfcastle

The sense of entitlement from Celtic and Rangers in terms of wanting something bigger and better that the PL could offer just doesn’t sit right with me. Never has, even when I was a kid and would have first heard the idea I thought it was ridiculous.

Where does it end, will Aberdeen, Hibs and Hearts want places in League 1/Championship because there’s more money here.

So what if the PL, and English football has more money flowing through it? Don’t see what right a team playing in Scotland and under the Scottish FA has to play in it.

Geographically, because England is next door doesn’t matter - Anderlecht, PSV, Feyenoord and Ajax may as well join on that basis.

Scottish football isn’t the only league in Europe that is dominated by a couple of teams either. Portugese league has only two been won from two teams outside Porto and Lisbon clubs. I’ve never heard the notion of those clubs wanted a place in La Liga. 

Likewise, there are plenty of leagues in Europe that aren’t awash with money outside select dominant clubs.

For me Rangers and Celtic playing in English leagues, even starting from bottom of the bottom is setting up a dangerous precedent that you may as well have a European Premier League, and 2nd Division for whoever wants more, more and more.

Edited by Abra Dubravka

1 hour ago, huss9 said:

i think the influence the 6 have had on Masters needs to be investigated.

these stories now coming out of them having private meetings, making demands etc behind the backs of the other 14 and "threatening to leave" if they werent agreed.

some anonymous statements and also the sheff utd owner has confirmed what we all knew.

and i'm sure this also affected our takeover attempt.

It definitely strengthened the position of those six who most opposed to our takeover.

I can't see the point of trying to punish them. A disrepute-type charge is a bit vague, and they'll argue that they didn't actually leave the Premiership.

Besides, it won't act as a deterrent. The deterrent is already in place in terms of the current humiliation.

7 hours ago, cubaricho said:

It definitely strengthened the position of those six who most opposed to our takeover.

It wouldn’t surprise me one bit if they influenced the PL but was there much evidence of this? I know Staveley was adamant but I don’t know if there’s been any communication confirming this? Obviously the further developments with Big Picture and Super League do support this notion somewhat. 

16 minutes ago, Cronky said:

I can't see the point of trying to punish them. A disrepute-type charge is a bit vague, and they'll argue that they didn't actually leave the Premiership.

Besides, it won't act as a deterrent. The deterrent is already in place in terms of the current humiliation.

Current humiliation...........Really.    They are pissing themselves at how weak the PL is.   This was just a shot across the bow, something else is coming.  No way these Billionaires would give up after 72 hours, something is not right, the Owners can't be that weak to get to the position they are in.

The PL have basically welcomed them back with open arms, and with no punishment.     Basically the 'shitty 6' have bitten their 'Master' and instead of putting it down, they have been forgiven.   Next time it wont be a bite, it will be a full scale biting frenzy and the PL aint going to survive!

Humilation?  Nah, this was just a test to see how weak the PL really are!