Elliot Anderson

joeyt

15 minutes ago, Barnes23 said:

I don't think it's a coincidence that our period of pressure and greater coherence going forward coincided with the introduction of Anderson. Starting to show a real maturity to his game, as well as win me over re: his suitability for a more central role

Might also have been we sent 2 sets of fresh legs on 10mins beforehand then his and Wilsons.

• 2 weeks later...

Delighted for the lad, impressive that he doesn’t have too much pride. I know he’s got the confidence to play for England but he obviously looked at it and thought, I’m not going to be able to fight my way in there until I’m a regular for my club. Shame for England but I think he’ll be great for Scotland and it’ll be nice to have a reason to support Scotland in internationals 

4 hours ago, Superior Acuña said:

Happy with that as a Scotland fan, hope we can get him locked down. I've expected him to hold out for England. I forget what the rules are these days but they've loosened, I don't think just playing in these friendlies is enough to lock him in nowadays.

Yep friendly is not enough.

On 28/08/2023 at 12:57, Away Toon said:

I think Bruno, Tonali and Anderson is the best balanced midfield we have, hopefully it get's tried out soon.

I'd be quite happy with that and moving Joelinton back over to the left of the attack and switching Gordon to the right (Isak through the middle). The lad will soon be 21 and probably feels he needs more time on the pitch.

Wonder what he's thinking sat on the bench watching Bruno stinking out the gaff and a half fit Joelinton fouling every fucking thing that moves, after absolutely lighting up pre-season. 

Needs some proper minutes soon, the way he's been treated isn't right.

Aye, my desire for him to start is all based on pre-season and his own desperation to prove himself alongside occasional bright moments when he’s played for us. Today, there wasn’t anything to take from his time on the pitch sadly. Don’t blame him though 

2 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

It's not like he was any better when he came on like.

Everyone is dying for him to succeed, but he still looks a bit heavy footed to me. The kid's got talent, but PL defenders are a big step up, it takes a bit of nous to get change out of them. You aren't going to bludgeon your way past them too often.

If anything I think Miley looks more ready to step up, he looks like he can find space and time on the ball.