Elliot Anderson

joeyt

Qualifying for Europe would be so big for the likes of Anderson, Miley, Minteh and others staying and getting game time and development next season. Fingers crossed.

Edited by KaKa

Just needed to sit further back once he understood the game better. Never a doubt from this end. His additional strength he's added this last year is a bonus, coupled with his tight space control and balance, he's a fucking nightmare with the ball at his feet.

4 minutes ago, joeyt said:

He reminds me of a young Ross Barkley for some reason. 

Great game today

Just kinda looks like him, but I don't think they are similar as players.

He's class. Great engine. Great feet. An absolute beast physically. Really solid footballing brain. Perhaps not the quickest sprinter, fair, but he's as reliable as you can get in terms of application.

He's playing in Joelintons position and it suits him perfectly. Got a bit of the shithouse in him too.

On current form and fitness it's got to be Anderson ahead of Longstaff if it's ever a choice that needs making, squad health permitting.

7 minutes ago, joeyt said:

He reminds me of a young Ross Barkley for some reason. 

Great game today

He doesn't have the running power and pace with the ball that Barkley had when he came through but definitely agree that his build and gait are similar.

Edited by ponsaelius

Can’t pick a fault with his game today, had some lovely touches on the left in the penalty area, was very aggressive and positive minded both in and out of possession and looks very comfortable playing with Barnes

The end of the season is his time and chance. So far he has taken it. Hope he can grow even more and bring goals on top of that as he’s capable of scoring. Once he gets a couple of goals he will grow even more in confidence and belief and feel like he properly belongs. Would be massive going into next season. 

7 minutes ago, Ikon said:

The end of the season is his time and chance. So far he has taken it. Hope he can grow even more and bring goals on top of that as he’s capable of scoring. Once he gets a couple of goals he will grow even more in confidence and belief and feel like he properly belongs. Would be massive going into next season. 

just need a chance to fall for him and let him rifle it home

11 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

I’ve said it on here before how he reminds me of James Milner in his style of play.

His feet are significantly better than Milner’s have ever been. Got lovely close control 

5 hours ago, KaKa said:

Qualifying for Europe would be so big for the likes of Anderson, Miley, Minteh and others staying and getting game time and development next season. Fingers crossed.

Conference league might even be better for them than EL.  

At the very least, he's shown this season he can be a Longstaff (with a far higher technical ceiling). He can be a lot more than that but his tactical discipline whenever he's played this year has been fairly impressive for an attack-minded player imo. Howe must love it, especially as he's a good athlete with a decent engine too.

Let's just hope he can stay relatively injury free from now on.

1 hour ago, Matt1892 said:

I’ve said it on here before how he reminds me of James Milner in his style of play.

Yeah I always get Milner vibes off him. Dean Saunders would've probably hated him.

1 hour ago, Matt1892 said:

That's such a good comparison actually :thup:

3 minutes ago, M1tche said:

Biggest compliment I can give to him is that since his return, he's plugged most of the big Joelinton shaped hole we had in our midfield 

That's exactly how I have felt over the last couple of games.

Always struggle to place what type of player he is, but it's just dawned on me that he reminds me a lot of Ross Barkley and that's the type of player he could be, with the level depending on him. 

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

Always struggle to place what type of player he is, but it's just dawned on me that he reminds me a lot of Ross Barkley and that's the type of player he could be, with the level depending on him. 

Think this is a more accurate comparison