Elliot Anderson

joeyt

Felt a bit bad for him in that Manquillo was crap and we kept trying to force it down Maxi's side for the first half. The booking was harsh as well, looked like he slipped rather than any intent. 

Won't have done him any harm tonight though. If we sign someone in Jan he's surely ripe for a half decent Championship side on loan.

10 minutes ago, Pilko said:

Felt a bit bad for him in that Manquillo was crap and we kept trying to force it down Maxi's side for the first half. The booking was harsh as well, looked like he slipped rather than any intent. 

Won't have done him any harm tonight though. If we sign someone in Jan he's surely ripe for a half decent Championship side on loan.

I didn't see tonight's game, but against Southampton him and Manquillo had absolutely zero chemistry, and I blamed the latter for that at the time. So I didn't have my hopes too high for tonight either...

I watched him a couple of times when he was on loan and the standard at that level was eye-opening. He's definitely took a step from then this season imo, but I thought it was a big ask and that he should go out on loan. Hopefully he does, 6 months at a possession based Championship club should do him the world of good. 

1 hour ago, Kid Icarus said:

I watched him a couple of times when he was on loan and the standard at that level was eye-opening. He's definitely took a step from then this season imo, but I thought it was a big ask and that he should go out on loan. Hopefully he does, 6 months at a possession based Championship club should do him the world of good. 

Plus, he hardly plays so a loan where he plays every game makes much more sense to me. Saw the highlights from todays match. TBF, the header he missed didn't look like a huge mistake from him, more the angle.

Having seen the highlights now, he got in some decent positions to be fair to him. Lovely control of the ball before he turned and shot in the first half, and he got in a good spot for his headed chance.

1 hour ago, Zero said:

A bit harsh on the lad. That’s probably his only bad game so far this season.

You only have to go back one page for people claiming he should be starting in the league for us :lol:

Always hard to judge players in these type of cup games where it's nearly a brand new 11 and a flat performance from the team all round. 

6 hours ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

Should be on loan, looked a bit out of his depth tonight.

Have said this all year really to get called a bed wetter or whatever.  It is no slight to say he isn't ready yet.  You can see his quality in moments, but he just isn't at the level yet to deliver consistently.  

6 months in the Champ should really help his development. 

He struggled but so did the whole team, on more than one occasion he was stitched up with bad balls fired into him poorly. Great touch and turn to set up a shot first half. Probably would have gone on loan if we had better squad depth so hopefully

he can go out after we sign a couple in January.

1 hour ago, David Edgar said:

Have said this all year really to get called a bed wetter or whatever.  It is no slight to say he isn't ready yet.  You can see his quality in moments, but he just isn't at the level yet to deliver consistently.  

6 months in the Champ should really help his development. 

Not long ago people were calling for him to start in the PL [emoji38] A cup start was likely for him but he needs more time, looked good in moments in the 70+ min sub chances hes had but nothing to suggest hes PL ready yet. 

Edited by Nine

Wonder if we'd go back for Joao Pedro in January. Still think we lack something out wide and Almiron's form isn't going to last forever. Even just as an upgrade on Fraser & Murphy as cover for ASM when he's back to full fitness.

Send Anderson to Watford on loan as part of the deal?

45 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Now is the time for a loan in January but I still think keeping him first half of the season was 100% the right thing to do. He'll feel like part of the setup now, Howe will have taken a good look at him, knows what he needs to do to improve, etc.

That apart, he’s come on in some games and helped bring the points home so he is a part of the setup and played his bit. 

He tried to make a run through a fair few times but Manquillo didn’t have the speed or ability to play the pass to him. I’d love to see him with Tripper behind him. 

The midfield were dreadful all game, including Joelinton in that, so I think it’s a bit harsh to write the lad off just yet. 

He's only just started playing at premier league level this season, i would be concerned if he's like this next year or the year after. the more minutes he gets the hope is he will get better as i feel right now what's holding him back is that he is too eager to impress and trying too hard when he gets a chance, once he calms down and gets more experience we will see the best of him.

1 hour ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Wonder if we'd go back for Joao Pedro in January. Still think we lack something out wide and Almiron's form isn't going to last forever. Even just as an upgrade on Fraser & Murphy as cover for ASM when he's back to full fitness.

Send Anderson to Watford on loan as part of the deal?

The article in the athletic last week said we went back in for Pedro after signing Isak, so you would assume our interest is still there. However Pedro recently signed a new contract so unless there is a release clause in I think that one will be dead until the summer.