Elliot Anderson

joeyt

He needs to start. 20 minute cameos here and there are all well and good but he needs to be starting as I refuse to believe he offers less than Willock and/or Almiron - different types of players obviously but he deserves a chance. He needs to be sat down and told that he's going to start the next 7or 8 games or whatever and stick to it. I can understand easing him in gradually up to a point but when the current starters are offering so little then it's time to give him a proper go

At the end of the game, he beat a defender with two intelligent touches near the corner. I mean he didn’t just beat him by a great dribbling technique, he actually fooled him by his body moves, and he anticipated exactly how the defender would behave. This kid has a good game awareness and flare. I am impressed by him. He does seem to have a high ceiling. 

What I liked today is that the rest of the players have full confidence in him, absolutely no bother playing the ball to him.  There was one point he's showing for the ball despite being covered by 2 of their lot, not shy at all and confident in his own ability. 

I wanted him shipped to a decent championship team this season, but the way things are at the moment I'm pleased he's here. 

Edited by Wilson

He looks strong, confident, assertive, good with the ball at either feet, willing, decent movement and shows for the ball well. Let’s start him!

1 hour ago, GWN said:

Yesterday was the first time I saw a player , genuinely, the lad is a great find 

Yeah agree. First game I've thought aye ok, this lad could possibly hold his own in the PL.

As much as I want to see more game time, these cameos are great experience for him and just weaning him in slowly.

tbf I thought Miggy did well yesterday - his biggest achilles heel is his finishing. Just lacks composure but I thought he was our best player until he was taken off.  That being said I would definitely start Elliot over Fraser, you cannot know his work rate but he lacks end product.  Elliot just looks so much more composed on the ball and more likely to make things happen.  I know Eddie likes to bed players in but he looks ready now to start imo.

Always wants the pass, it's really refreshing to see. Bruno will love him. 

I hadn't realised how impressive his cameo was until I watched the extended highlights. Has to get at least half an hour next weekend.

Just now, NEEJ said:

Always wants the pass, it's really refreshing to see. Bruno will love him. 

I hadn't realised how impressive his cameo was until I watched the extended highlights. Has to get at least half an hour next weekend.

A footballer who wants the ball, who’d have thought that would be a good trait to have.

I need to keep a better eye on him, I think. I love it when a local lad comes through and establishes themselves. Haven’t seen anything yet (others who know better evidently have) which has excited me yet. Never been the worst player in the pitch/in black and white but unfortunately, even latterly, than has been quite a low bar. 

2 hours ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

I need to keep a better eye on him, I think. I love it when a local lad comes through and establishes themselves. Haven’t seen anything yet (others who know better evidently have) which has excited me yet. Never been the worst player in the pitch/in black and white but unfortunately, even latterly, than has been quite a low bar. 

Can’t get my head around how you could watch his cameo yesterday and not be impressed. Almost everything he did oozed quality.

“never been the worst player in black and white, but” <- he’s literally played a total of 32 minutes of league football for us man [emoji38]

2 hours ago, RodneyCisse said:

A footballer who wants the ball, who’d have thought that would be a good trait to have.

To be fair it’s terrible when it’s your keeper always wanting it! I used to get sick of shouting “stay in your box yuh nutter” to our keeper in the Under 13s team

1 hour ago, Joseph said:

Can’t get my head around how you could watch his cameo yesterday and not be impressed. Almost everything he did oozed quality.

“never been the worst player in black and white, but” <- he’s literally played a total of 32 minutes of league football for us man [emoji38]

To be fair, thought he looked good in the highlights. 

2 hours ago, NWMag said:

Wonder if he would be a decent RW option? 

From what I saw of of him at the Gas last season, which was every video highlights going, he's replicating exactly what he did on the left for us in his short cameos as he did for them. The difference in level doesn't seem to matter at all.

I'd have Maxi on the right and Anderson on the left, because I genuinely think Anderson will be more effective than Maxi there. But I've been banging my own little drum to have Maxi on the right for some time now. Either way, he has to start on either flank ahead of the rest of Fraser, Almiron, Murphy, Ritchie etc.