Joe Willock: Out for the remainder of the season with Achilles injury (Hope)

36 minutes ago, The Bonk said:

He’s such a sweet kid, man. I remember the sideline post match interview last year when he kept repeating “the gaffa…my gaffa” line about the impact Eddie has had on him. Had some father-son vibes to it. :lol:

He also likes to repeat the words "I feel like" before every single sentence.

Love him though, definitely got some of that Arsenal quality in his game.

Thought this lad gave us a lot when he came on. Didn't really transform things in midfield where we weren't doing a good job of controlling the ball but he was a great outlet and made a couple of excellent runs. Seems like his form's picking up but a goal would really help him with his confidence

Once we actually got him on the ball he looked dangerous. I want to see more of him on that left hand side of central midfield. Think he's more comfortable driving inwards from there.

Decent cameo tonight. Just wish he'd be a bit more demanding of the ball sometimes, so his team mates do more to get him the ball in positions to drive forward.

He has the highest non-penalty xG per 90 and most touches in the opponents box of any midfielder in the league this season. The goals will come soon hopefully.

Edited by Smal

I think he’s looked really good recently. His problem is (and this goes for other players too such as Targett) that we’re probably going to bring in higher quality in his position and someone whose a better goal scorer. I think he’ll still get game time moving forwards but probably more as an impact sub and rotational player next season. 

Edited by ExiledGeordie

3 hours ago, STM said:

I think he's been fantastic recently.

It's ironic that he now does everything but score, when the opposite was true when he joined.

This. He's actually looking like a very promising all round midfielder now, I think the stats back this up, he just can't buy a goal at the minute.

17 hours ago, Myleftboot said:

Still think he doesn’t fit our system. He would be excellent for team who played a player behind the striker.

I think he fits it very well. Great at pressing, interceptions and transitions. That's how our team plays and he's good at those things.

Agree with Kaka for once. Doesn't demand the ball enough but was useful when he got it. His build-up play needs to improve overall. If he could do that, he'll have a long future at the club.

Think this wee rest has been great for him. I think he played nearly every minute of the first 10 games or so.

If he scores once and he'll go on a good run.

Thought he needed a rocket up his arse early doors, looked lazy and uninterested, he got a bollocking from the dugout at one point as he was just nowhere near where he should have been. 

Got a grip in the 2nd half gladly but no room for that in our team. 

Not at his best today but hes usually so good, probably our most under appreciated player at the moment. Besides Bruno he’s probably our most press resistant midfielder, his runs and general movement when pressing is as good as anyones. He might not get the goals but he’s as important in this midfield as he was when he scored every week under the slob. 

Edited by Nine

He's too loose with possession to be honest, a brilliant option from the bench in future I suspect and he's unfortunate not to have some goals. It's almost like we're playing too well and too dominant for him, he's best on counter attack which is difficult when we are dominating

(not trying to be overly critical, really happy with his improvement in form and happy for him)

Edited by Tiresias

6 minutes ago, STM said:

When the game opens up he's class. When it's tight he goes missing a bit.

It wasn't that though, he was just genuinely lazy in the first half.  At one point Longstaff busted a gut to cover him while he was swanning about.  Don't want to go in too hard on him as he get much better but he deserved a kick up the arse.