Mike Ashley

Doctor Zaius

He's thick as f*** this guy.

He's the only penny billionaire in the world, have you seen his jeans? He is risking Newcastles future fir the sake of Bruce's payoff and Bruce is risking his home town clubs future in order to get it.

Ashley hasn’t cared about us ever.

If we go down he won’t give a fuck. He’s already walked away with more money from the club than he’s put in.

If PIF walk away and he doesn’t my want to put his hand in his pocket to get us back up, he’ll sell to whatever shady cunt comes along to get us on the cheap.

But the league is more worried about the KSA being a shadow director of Newcastle and having influence on the club at any whim - so it must protect us the fans from this.

However it’s ok with the Mike Ashley, the absentee owner who is taking them to court and talking shit about them to continue to carry on owning a club in the mighty PL.

Mike has spent nothing in the region, has not improved the club, has no ambition to make it any better but he’s apparently more fit, more proper to own us than pif.

When he arrived here we were regularly in Europe and within the previous ten years we were competing for the title. Now with our third relegation in 12 years looming we’re a certified yo-yo club. Good work you fat prick.

The blokes horrendous. Bikes have never been more popular since the 1940s and the fucking knacker is making people redundant out of sheer spiteful nature of putting people on inhumane zero hour contracts. Twat.

Isn't he a Spurs fan? Why on earth weren't us and them going for the same players?

https://theathletic.co.uk/2424148/2021/03/10/how-tottenham-signed-modric-if-we-lose-him-to-newcastle-we-should-both-resign/

The problem was that, in that January window in 2008, they had failed to secure their target and, in the months that followed, new suitors emerged. Shinawatra’s City continued to circle, but Newcastle, with Keegan recently restored as manager, suddenly threatened to trump all-comers. On paper at least, the 22-year-old Croatian fitted the profile of a Mike Ashley signing. He was young, boasted huge potential and, therefore, significant sell-on value. For Keegan, here was a player whose qualities on the ball would illuminate St James’ Park.

Accounts differ among those involved as to why that interest foundered. Keegan claims to have fielded a call from the player’s agent — Mamic’s son, Mario, was one of an entourage of representatives — in mid-April. It was made clear to him from the outset that Spurs’ interest was retained and that, in all likelihood, White Hart Lane would be his preferred destination if a fee could be agreed with Dinamo. But there was clearly an opportunity to gazump Tottenham as long as no firm agreement was in place. The asking price was apparently £16 million — well short of the figure Mamic had claimed would be required only a few months earlier, for all that the wage package would be hefty. But it was still within Newcastle’s capabilities. They were a viable option.

Until, that is, the agent flew to the north east and, having listened to Keegan’s passionate sale’s pitch, was dismayed to discover the club’s vice-president Tony Jimenez was more sceptical over his client’s qualities. According to the account of the talks in Keegan’s autobiography, subsequently reiterated when they were queried publicly by Jimenez, the vice-president — who was heavily involved in the club’s transfer business at the time — suggested the player was “too lightweight for English football”, “too small”, “decent, but not good enough”.

A flabbergasted Keegan could barely comprehend what he was hearing. The agent, unsurprisingly, was unimpressed.

looks to escape from Steven Gerrard’s attentions at Wembley (Photo: Mike Egerton – PA Images via Getty Images)

Jimenez has since denied Keegan was ever in the key meeting with Modric and his representative at the stadium on April 22, 2008 — he has suggested the manager met the player at the training ground earlier in the day — and insisted Ashley had simply baulked at Dinamo’s asking price, with an additional £2 million due as commission for the agent, “and didn’t want to take the risk”. He also pointed to an alleged gentleman’s agreement with Tottenham whereby the two clubs would not compete for the same players, and claimed he then telephoned Levy to tell him Newcastle had withdrawn their interest and Spurs should sign the midfielder.

Which, of course, would have rendered Levy’s subsequent mad dash to Zagreb rather unnecessary.

If that is as clear as mud, Modric has since confused the situation further by publicly claiming he was blissfully unaware of any formal interest from Newcastle, and implying he had never been present at either of the mooted meetings. Or, as was reported in England and Croatia at the time, that he was resident at the city’s Malmaison hotel over the course of his stay. Indeed, there is no mention whatsoever of the club as potential suitors in his book.

Time can blur the finer details. Regardless, the agent’s detour to Tyneside, if a tactic, clearly had the desired effect. Spurs were suddenly conscious they faced real competition for a player they envisaged would be theirs in the summer. “Newcastle had recently been a top-five club (they had settled more recently in mid-table, though Ashley’s takeover, completed in May 2007, remained something of an unknown quantity) and were used to overpaying on player wages to attract signings to the north east,” says Comolli. “They were paying more money than us at the time to convince players to go there.

“With all due respect to Newcastle, Luka wanted to come to us. But at the same time, if we were not quick enough to do the deal, we knew they would throw more money on the transfer fee, and especially more money at the player. So we had to be very quick. That’s when Daniel worked his magic.”

He doesn't care if we go down. He'll get the parachute payments , the drop in attendance will be negligible and he'll still get plenty of TV money and free advertising for SD. The overheads will be less and the fans will demand less so he wins all around

I think he does care if we go down, Ashleys only real statements have come after relegations.

If that’s the case why has he will fully allowed it to happen twice already with a more than serious possibility of a third one incoming. That doesn’t scream out that he cares one f***.

I think he does care if we go down, Ashleys only real statements have come after relegations.

If that’s the case why has he will fully allowed it to happen twice already with a more than serious possibility of a third one incoming. That doesn’t scream out that he cares one f***.

I'll give him a text an ask him

I'm pretty sure that's just to keep the club in the media, to minimise any loss of exposure for Shite Direct. As long as we are fighting for promotion he'll get the occasional global coverage.

fwiw his contact information is actually readily available online and he answered me once (on an un-nufc related matter) a few years back :lol:

fwiw his contact information is actually readily available online and he answered me once (on an un-nufc related matter) a few years back :lol:

Weirdo

Were you asking where he got his jeans from?

Guest reefatoon

Is G-Rayn this cunts helicopter. Randomly just flew over 20 mins ago and is already. Flying away again. If he was at the match he must have messaged his pilot to come get him early. Even this twat must be sick of the Brucey football.

I loved the Keegan years, but, I will never forgive John Hall for selling us to this cunt and running off with a big profit at the first opportunity. What pisses me off even more is there are times when Hall has actually stuck up for Ashley. In one fell swoop he cashed out and in the process killed anything to enjoy about supporting this club. Nearly 15 years and counting.

From today’s Chronicle.....just a rehash of what we already know.

“Newcastle United chiefs offer Steve Bruce the chance to fight on despite horrendous run

Owner Mike Ashley has been reluctant to change boss up until this stage and Bruce has not been told anything other than his Press conference start time on Friday this week.

Ashley wants to give Bruce every chance to salvage the season and deliver survival, while paying out a seven-figure fee is also something he wants to avoid.

This is because Newcastle's finances have been dented severely due to no fans coming through the turnstiles at St James' Park for 12 months and with uncertainty hovering over the club on the takeover front, he does not want to commit to a long contract for a new manager that could cost incoming owners £5million or more per year.

Yet if Newcastle lose to Brighton, and do drop into the bottom three, parting terms with Bruce may be the clear and obvious thing to do if the club are to save millions in TV money next season.

It would also ensure that would-be new owners don't demand a knockdown fee for a club that has been relegated.”

WHAT beggars belief, if there is any truth in the article, is that Ashley is prepared to gamble his £350m cash cow on the slight chance that Bruce might just keep us up. I cannot fathom out why he’s not prepared to splash out, perhaps, £3m to get rid of Bruce, and either promote Jones or splash  another £3 on, say, Howe.It wouldn’t necessarily have guaranteed survival but it would have been a much better gamble than keeping Bruce......Gamble £3-8m on a reasonable chance of survival or on Bruce......doesn’t make sense...then again nowt he does ever did, but we are talking about a £350m business purchase being risked on Bruce being our savior......strange!