Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Said it before the match that we need to be ahead of them before their final game in hand against Everton. By that time, we need them to either slip up against Stoke (A) or Chelsea  (H) while we ofcourse need to beat Palace and Villa. Would think that Mark Hughes would want a reaction from his team after 3 straight games conceding 4 goals albeit against Liverpool, Spurs and Man City. Think Stoke could atleast get a draw there and we beat Palace. Chelsea worries me though but they were atleast interested against Bournemouth yesterday.

Although extremely unlikely, if Norwich and Sunderland were to get maximum points that would take them to 43 points which could bring Everton and Watford and a few others back into it.  Unfortunately Stoke are well and truly safe.

Doesn't help us though as we need both to lose games to have a chance.

I never understood our attitude to conceding goals - it seemed to be it didn't matter whether it was 1 or 5 but it could well come back to haunt us now.

How much have they been out of the bottom 3 this season? There's added pressure on them now that they're seen as favourites. It's not like past seasons where they've pulled out underdog victories against 'big' sides. Their last 4 games has seen them get 5 points, I doubt they'll get anymore than that for the next 4. This is their level under Big Sam with this squad, drawing a lot. There's potential for us to get better under Benitez for these last 3. I'm going to be optimistic :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

How much have they been out of the bottom 3 this season? There's added pressure on them now that they're seen as favourites. It's not like past seasons where they've pulled out underdog victories against 'big' sides. Their last 4 games has seen them get 5 points, I doubt they'll get anymore than that for the next 4. This is their level under Big Sam with this squad, drawing a lot. There's potential for us to get better under Benitez for these last 3. I'm going to be optimistic :lol:

You say pressure, but I'd see it as a boost as one of their fans considering they'll now see it as being completely in their hands.

You say pressure, but I'd see it as a boost as one of their fans considering they'll now see it as being completely in their hands.

Mathematically it is but in reality they are unlikely to win another 3 games.

Of course it's ultimately a benefit to be in control of it for themselves, it's whether the team - who've not been used to getting to safety like this in recent seasons, iirc - can cope with that sort of pressure. They've always struck me as a better underdog side, they've always seemed to knack up the 'easier' games in previous years.

I can see sunderland drawing at Stoke, losing to Chelsea and winning the other 2.  I can see Norwich losing away to Arsenal, at home to Man U and possibly getting 2 wins in the other games.  We need 3 wins to stay up and I think we have that in us.

I can see sunderland drawing at Stoke, losing to Chelsea and winning the other 2.  I can see Norwich losing away to Arsenal, at home to Man U and possibly getting 2 wins in the other games.  We need 3 wins to stay up and I think we have that in us.

this is how I see it-

After yesterdays result - then as they say our destiny is in our own hands and i can see us getting 3 wins, i can't see both of the other two doing the same, but if they did then the goal difference to palace is now only 16, so with them playing and losing all three - then there 'MIGHT' just might be a chance that they could go down, but it would mean us scoring a shed load of goals.

Only time will tell.

To be fair, who would have predicted us to draw with Man City and Liverpool and Sunderland to draw with Arsenal? It doesn't look good for us but we have to take it one game at a time. It's not like Sunderland keep winning. They keep drawing. NUFC must beat Crystal Palace. There's no point worrying about what Sunderland and Norwich might do.

It's a damn shame our players took until the Swansea game to fully wake up under Rafa's management.

I'll be amazed if we get two :lol: But I think that will be enough, as I really don't see why everyone thinks Sunderland are going to magically start winning games when they have 1 in 6 and that against Norwich.

That said I still think we will go down as I don't believe we are capable of winning those two games.

I'll be amazed if we get two :lol: But I think that will be enough, as I really don't see why everyone thinks Sunderland are going to magically start winning games when they have 1 in 6 and that against Norwich.

That said I still think we will go down as I don't believe we are capable of winning those two games.

You think Sunderland get 4 points or less from there last 4 games?

Sunderland are obviously favourites, but today was another time they've failed to win. People are assuming they're going to win their home games, but their last 4 games have been against absolutely dire teams (West Brom and Palace) and good 'big game' teams (Arsenal and Leicester) and they've not won any of them, this does not point to a team sure to win their home games. I'd put money on them to stay up, but they're not a bad team to be chasing by any means.

I actually made the effort to watch safc-arsenal. On todays showing, I wouldnt be surprised if the nonce-botherers didn't win - or lose - another match all season. Hippoheed has the 'don't lose at all costs' mentality entrenched, but they haven't got the quality to press on and win. 4 games, 4 draws imo.

Norwich - who the hell knows? They've blown hot and cold for weeks now, and it could only take one freak win to see them ok.

So over to you Rafa, three games, nine points. Do it, do it, do it........

You think Sunderland get 4 points or less from there last 4 games?

Not the strangest of ideas. They've been averaging a point a game so far.

I could easily see Sunderland doing something like win 1, draw 2 lose 2. They don't win many at all. I know we don't either but we've got the advantage of playing probably the two worst teams in 2016.

Our advantage is Rafa, no way would we be anywhere near the bottom of we'd had him from the start.

I could easily see Sunderland doing something like win 1, draw 2 lose 2. They don't win many at all. I know we don't either but we've got the advantage of playing probably the two worst teams in 2016.

Me too, when I did the predictor I had us staying up with just the two wins. Not that I'm confident, but the only team Sunderland have beaten for ages is Norwich.