Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

We have to play Huddersfield, Brighton, West Brom and Swansea all at home. All teams we're capable of beating. We need to make sure we don't lose next week and if we can beat West Ham that'll be fantastic. I don't think we're playing all that bad to be honest we just lack quality.

I'm the same, we've had the odd terrible performance but I don't think they look a doomed team. Not even close, just need some quality in key areas asap.

Aye :thup: it's not like we're doomed from the start of every game, I don't know what people are watching.

There are a lot of poor teams in the league and it's still very compact down there. We all know we're shit and crying out for investment. There's the prospect of that happening in January and if we get a couple of difference makers then I'm confident we'll be better than 3 other teams. It's not head in the sand and ignoring things it's looking at where we'd be if we get a break or two and get 7 points from 9 or something like that.

Yup. Striker and No.10 priorities.

There are a lot of poor teams in the league and it's still very compact down there. We all know we're s*** and crying out for investment. There's the prospect of that happening in January and if we get a couple of difference makers then I'm confident we'll be better than 3 other teams. It's not head in the sand and ignoring things it's looking at where we'd be if we get a break or two and get 7 points from 9 or something like that.

Yup. Striker and No.10 priorities.

Yup. Think we'll have to delve into the loan market for one of those 2.

We have to play Huddersfield, Brighton, West Brom and Swansea all at home. All teams we're capable of beating. We need to make sure we don't lose next week and if we can beat West Ham that'll be fantastic. I don't think we're playing all that bad to be honest we just lack quality.

I'm the same, we've had the odd terrible performance but I don't think they look a doomed team. Not even close, just need some quality in key areas asap.

Aye :thup: it's not like we're doomed from the start of every game, I don't know what people are watching.

Today was interesting because we didn't concede again like we did vs manyoo and Chelsea so they were able to push on and look for the equaliser second half. We were the better team second half really and that should tell us all we need to know.

Keep Lascelles fit and add someone who can score/create bare minimum and Rafa will sort this :thup:

We're going to need a pretty good second half of the season to feel in any way comfortable, like. Can't really believe that we're in this position after the early season promise of a well organised, hard to beat, if technically poor side. Lascelle's injury has really fucked us.

Today was interesting because we didn't concede again like we did vs manyoo and Chelsea so they were able to push on and look for the equaliser second half. We were the better team second half really and that should tell us all we need to know.

Keep Lascelles fit and add someone who can score/create bare minimum and Rafa will sort this :thup:

Got to take what we can from today, would have been easy for us to roll over and take a hiding. Still hard times ahead, but Rafa will stick to his principles and that will at least mean the players will know what's expected. If it was Pardew or McClaren they'd be changing their tactics after every loss. Rafa's belief in his own methods will be a massive advantage we'll have over other struggling sides IMO.

We're going to need a pretty good second half of the season to feel in any way comfortable, like. Can't really believe that we're in this position after the early season promise of a well organised, hard to beat, if technically poor side. Lascelle's injury has really fucked us.

Need to win 7 of 19 say or the equivalent and that'll put us near enough.

I think we all agree that'll be very hard indeed without additions but with some key positions strengthened I think it can be done myself.

Our match doesnt really the rating because we played well, should've got a draw.

But other teams results are crippling us.

We're three points and a few goals off 12th, we're not exactly adrift and bereft of all hope

The longer this takeover fiasco drags on, the more I'm beginning to think January will pass us by with little to no transfer activity. That's my big worry.

If there was a guarantee that we'd spent £30-50m bringing in the right players in the right positions, I wouldn't be too concerned. This squad as it is, though, is plummeting.

If the club doesn't bring in reinforcements in the first week of January fans should stop going.  There's nothing like empty seats to focus Ashley's mind.  No one will buy a club with falling attendances.

Why would he want the club sold? Apart from cutting loose the 'hassle', I don't see why he should. An empty stadium next to SD hoardings is another thing entirely, though.

Worst case scenario is we don't strengthen again in January and we get relegated.

Assuming that the take over happens, say March or April at the very latest, and Rafa stays, is being in the championship going to be such a disaster ?

Rafa has already shown what he can do with average backing from Ashley. With better backing from Staveley and PCP, i'd like to think we could look for an immediate return again and to then push on from there.

Worst case scenario is we don't strengthen again in January and we get relegated.

Assuming that the take over happens, say March or April at the very latest, and Rafa stays, is being in the championship going to be such a disaster ?

Rafa has already shown what he can do with average backing from Ashley. With better backing from Staveley and PCP, i'd like to think we could look for an immediate return again and to then push on from there.

Rafa wouldnt stay if he gets no money again in January imo. Another reason the takeover is so critical