Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

The December games take us beyond the halfway point.We've got 15 points. Anybody see us getting more than 5 points?

Chelsea A 0 pts

Leicester H 1pt

Everton H 0 pts

Arsenal A 0 pts

West Ham A 1 pt

----half way----

Man City H 0 pts

Brighton H 3 pts

8 would be ideal. 4 from the Leicester/Everton double header (6 would be fantastic), a point at West Ham and 3 from Brighton.

Worth remembering that Watford in 17th and Southampton in 8th were separated by just six points by the end of last season.

Most of the league is dump, it isn't just us.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but I'm not sure how that shows the quality of the league is low. Everyone taking points off each other suggests a competitive league. Whether they're all shite or all good is another matter, really.

Worth remembering that Watford in 17th and Southampton in 8th were separated by just six points by the end of last season.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but I'm not sure how that shows the quality of the league is low. Everyone taking points off each other suggests a competitive league. Whether they're all s**** or all good is another matter, really.

We can compete in that group of teams, last night showed that as did our run prior to the Bournemouth defeat. We need everyone fit though, a few injuries to key players like we've had in this winless run and we're screwed.

Guest firetotheworks

I'm not saying you're wrong, but I'm not sure how that shows the quality of the league is low. Everyone taking points off each other suggests a competitive league. Whether they're all shite or all good is another matter, really.

:thup:

Well articulated. I've mentioned it a few times, but this is the most competitive league I can remember in a long time, Swansea possibly stand out as being slightly more in trouble than the other teams threatened by relegation, but every other team from about 10th downwards is around about the same level.

The December games take us beyond the halfway point.We've got 15 points. Anybody see us getting more than 5 points?

Chelsea A 0 pts

Leicester H 1pt

Everton H 0 pts

Arsenal A 0 pts

West Ham A 1 pt

----half way----

Man City H 0 pts

Brighton H 3 pts

We should be looking to beat both Leicester and Everton at St. James' Park.

Fair comment, I just mean that whilst it may feel like we're the only ones losing all the time at present, it's actually the exact opposite and a couple of wins here and there is enough not only to keep up with the rest, but to make substantial moves in the league table.

:thup: Aye, undoubtedly, I think because there's really only a distinction between top half and bottom half in the league, there are going to be times where 2 or 3 losses in a row will have you in a precarious position.

I suppose in these instances it will be as much about 'bottle' and staying calm and sticking to tactics as it will about skill levels of individual teams. I think Rafa will have us well drilled enough to get us out of those positions.

Guest Howaythetoon

Last night was an example for me as to why we won’t go down, although we are in a relegation fight or will end up in one. The players will always fight under Rafa and he will always have enough answers to stop us from dropping. It wouldn’t surprise me if we beat Chelsea and then lost at home to Leicester for example.

The fixtures for the weekend.

Chelsea v Newcastle

Brighton v Liverpool

Everton v Huddersfield

Leicester v Burnley

Stoke v Swansea

Watford v Spurs

West Brom v Crystal Palace

Arsenal v Man Utd

Bournemouth v Southampton

Man City v West Ham

A lot of teams in and around us playing each other. Could really have done with 3 points yesterday instead of 1 but not the end of the world. Just hope there's no relegation bedwetting on Saturday.