Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

We are in real trouble like. We are always shit at Arsenal but the Sheffield United result was horrific. Bruce needs to go, we just don't look like we can score. And if we fluke a goal it will never be enough to win a game atm.

I dunno, that run-in is about as good as it could possibly be. I guess the big concern is that you'll be giving any points you drop straight to your competitors. Playing all the five teams below you in the last seven games (and four in the last five) is kinda nuts.

We need to act quickly, like. We left it too late last time. McClaren had Bournemouth last, then two of Rafa’s early games were Norwich & Sunderland. I’ve no doubt in my mind that if we’d acted even a fortnight earlier, we’d have survived and got the points we needed particularly home to Sunderland and at Norwich. On paper the run-in was a mix of top clubs and the teams around us.

We need to act quickly, like. We left it too late last time. McClaren had Bournemouth last, then two of Rafa’s early games were Norwich & Sunderland. I’ve no doubt in my mind that if we’d acted even a fortnight earlier, we’d have survived and got the points we needed particularly home to Sunderland and at Norwich. On paper the run-in was a mix of top clubs and the teams around us.

In terms of games played we are only in mid December, so we have a bit more time than we think.

That’s the danger, though. Around this time that season we got some randomly good results (Liverpool at home & Spurs away) that gave McClaren a bit more time. We then had a couple of decent wins at home after Shelvey joined, again delaying the inevitable. We need to act now, I doubt a new manager will turn it around straight away. Give him a bit more of a chance than what Benitez had before it’s too late again.

Our luck we’ll get a random unexpected result that buys him a few more games, worse possible scenario.

We are in real trouble like. We are always shit at Arsenal but the Sheffield United result was horrific. Bruce needs to go, we just don't look like we can score. And if we fluke a goal it will never be enough to win a game atm.

I dunno, that run-in is about as good as it could possibly be. I guess the big concern is that you'll be giving any points you drop straight to your competitors. Playing all the five teams below you in the last seven games (and four in the last five) is kinda nuts.

Playing those games when we are deep in relegation trouble will heap the pressure on us, Bruce is not a person who can handle pressure. We'd have been far better off getting those games in now while we still have a safety net and the pressure is on the other teams to win.

Christ man I looked at the table there thinking there’s maybe 12 games or so left so the likes of Fulham might just run out of games but we’re just at the halfway stage.

As horrendous as our form has been, and as 'good' as Fulham are playing, they've only gained two points on us in the last 5 games. Unless we completely implode I still can't see us going down, the standard is so low this year.

Fulham have also had some rotten fixtures (like us to be fair), but you get the impression Fulham will start picking up points. I’m not confident we’ll do the same unless things change.

While true, they still haven't won since the start of November (WBA). There's a big difference between looking solid-ish and drawing a few to going on a winning run.

Although their next two games are WBA and Brighton so that could change quickly  :lol:

Fulham's next two games are Brighton (a) and West Brom (a), so I'm struggling to calculate what's best for us here.

Brighton win, WBA draw?

All draws for me. Any club below us winning seems to increase that ominous feeling.

Fulham have also had some rotten fixtures (like us to be fair), but you get the impression Fulham will start picking up points. I’m not confident we’ll do the same unless things change.

While true, they still haven't won since the start of November (WBA). There's a big difference between looking solid-ish and drawing a few to going on a winning run.

Although their next two games are WBA and Brighton so that could change quickly  :lol:

Forget Fulham or Brighton, or any other team fighting relegation. Bottom line is we are on 19 points, and we need to find another 17 from somewhere to avoid relegation. Watching this side over the season it's hard to see where they are coming from.

One thing is for sure, another relegation will be different to the others.

The first one in 09 we had a quality side and Hughton managed to do a great job of stopping the rot, the fans were onside and the season was somewhat enjoyable as we were head and shoulders above the rest and it was new to the younger element of our fanbase. Then we had the “Rafalution”, Benitez galvanised the fan base and everyone was behind the team. Whilst we had a lot of poor performances that season, we had a side that were extremely likeable and some class moments, I can’t recall ever being as buzzing watching NUFC as after that week when we beat Brighton away and then Huddersfield. I remember being in Shindig on the Saturday after the Huddersfield game full of cowies getting all emotional. :lol:

Now though, with fat cunt Bruce or another Dinosaur at the helm, I think we will struggle and the appetite for it won’t be there. No takeover and no Benitez to get us out the shit this time.

Finding it increasingly harder to care what league we are in the more it seems we are going to be stuck with Ashley for the foreseeable regardless.

Surely if there was any hope of this supposed takeover the Saudis would be demanding Bruce out or spending money to stave off relegation. The fact neither is happening says to me we are stuck with the w***** still. Even if we came back up with a decent manager the Benitez fiasco has shown us even that would mean nothing under Ashley.

It's been well and truly demonstrated since the start of this calendar year that we're one of the worst three sides in the league. We shouldn't be, but we are. The squad is easily capable of being mid-table, arguably even the top half of everyone was fit and we weren't loaning out our better players. It's so clear that there's a rot and, because it's a talented and spirited squad, a new manager boost would be inevitable. Wouldn't even matter who it was tbh.