Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Does it even count for anything on that site though? Thought it had to reach 100k on the government website for it to go to Boris?

From the government site:

If a petition gets 10,000 signatures, the government will respond

If a petition gets 100,000 signatures, it will be considered for debate in Parliament

From Change.org:

The gateway to an official response is an ambitious target of 100,000 signatures. This is

unrealistic to achieve and instantly puts a person off from starting a petition.

● Petition starters regularly tell us that they “need 100,000 signatures”. This target has

created a damaging effect on civic participation. We see petitions on Change.org

regularly receive a response from politicians and achieve change when they have far less

than 100,000 signatures.

● The language on the site is unclear; there is a misconception that 100,000 signatures will

lead to a debate in Parliament. Many petitions exceed the threshold of 100,000 and lead

to no debate.

So, looks like even hitting 100k signatures doesn't guarantee a debate in Parliament, from either site - just that it may be considered for debate. But, some with less than 100k have gotten a debate.

What's the craic with The Rock anyway, like?

How's it relevant to us at all? Pardon my ignorance.

It's not, but Redbird Media have been linked at some stage and they've just bought XFL with The Rock as a partner.

Hehe, linked by one person (Penn) wasn't it?  :lol:

Is it worth fans e mailing the PIF to demonstrate our unwavering support for the takeover.  It can't harm and might persuade them to say bollocks lets force the PL to give a decision.  If the PL continue to sit on there hands and not give a decision, the publicity will tarnish the reputation of the PL.

Petition will hit 60k by 4pm. Shameful that the media aren’t making anything of this. 60k is a lot of people wanting answers.

Aye but they're not Liverpool or Arsenal fans wanting answers. The media isn't interested in loser clubs from the far north. Unless we actually pose a threat to their favoured clubs, why would they want to talk about us?

Absolutely asking for it with this tweet the mugs :lol:

They are totally asking for it which is why I am thinking the social media person wants to keep this going, maybe because they're a Newcastle fan, they think the PL is corrupt or they just hate masters. And they can feign total innocence in the process if anyone from on high asks them about it. Keep it up social media person!

Bugger off Chopra.

Who throws perfectly good cans in the bin?

He shouldn't be getting fans hopes up again, but he did have some ITK knowledge before.

Or conversely, who puts empties in the fridge? :D

Has Chopra got form for being a decent ITK?

He has very high-level contacts within the KSA regime (for obvious reasons). Also well connected in the City. I'd certainly take what he has to say seriously.

He has very high-level contacts within the KSA regime (for obvious reasons). Also well connected in the City. I'd certainly take what he has to say seriously.

I might have missed something but why does he have obvious high level connections within KSA?  And in the city for that matter?

Unless he me them at gamblers anonymous which I find unlikely

I might have missed something but why does he have obvious high level connections within KSA?  And in the city for that matter?

I always just assume anything Penn says has some ulterior motive behind it and he's being facetious  :lol:

I always just assume anything Penn says has some ulterior motive behind it and he's being facetious  :lol:

Is that polite for total cunt?

Ah I see, it was irony... he's good

Is that polite for total cunt?

Takes all sorts mate haha.

Just wish people would elaborate more when they post on here. The sniping from both sides does get tiring and good points get lost in the tit for tat!

Suppose I should practice what I preach and stop waffling tbh  :lol: