Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

My take after this week nothing has changed, the political pressure and moves will continue behind the scenes. Ashley clearly frustrated by lack of movement and getting his money, but crucially no statement from PCP to say it’s over. I notice Staveley’s husband is still liking posts on twitter apparently re takeover, where in a long game and they’re not done yet.

In the meantime as much as I hate club in its current guise and was happy to see it and PL rot, I have changed my mind, and believe a solid steady season will aid us get this through. Any flirtation with relegation will only sow seeds of doubt on Saudi side.

With the likes of Philip Hammond and senior govt officials lobbying for this we have powerful allies, and the PL will certainly need govt support during coming season. The make up and level of support with this bid will wear the bastards down eventually.

Yes, excellent summary of the current position.

There is still a lot of 'takeover activity' going on, perhaps more so than at any other stage of the process.

Eventually we will be told the final outcome by one (or all) of those actually involved.

Meanwhile, though the massive enthusiasm for our great club that I have had all of my life has long gone, I will still watch our team play football with some interest, if not with much pleasure !!

I’m actually going 180 and think it will happen eventually.

There’s too much noise and things going on. I think eventually they’ll find a way to suit all parties.

The government pressuring the PL is massive, I don’t think they’ve the bottle to hold out.

EXACTLY !!!!!

I’m actually going 180 and think it will happen eventually. There’s too much noise and things going on. I think eventually they’ll find a way to suit all parties. The government pressuring the PL is massive. I don’t think they’ve the bottle to hold out.

I’ll probably change my mind again at some point

Unless PIF walk away again  :sad: They clearly don't enjoy being dictated to.

Yeah lot of depending factors one being just how much PIF want it

and how much the PL don't.

Unless they are ok with the deal but are holding out as long as possible for some for a massive sweetener for themselves, my fear is that they are never going to back down.

I’m actually going 180 and think it will happen eventually. There’s too much noise and things going on. I think eventually they’ll find a way to suit all parties. The government pressuring the PL is massive. I don’t think they’ve the bottle to hold out.

You know that you're allowed to not be 100% on one side or the other?

@MoneyMikeAshley seems to be very well informed (and funny). I'm more inclined to believe them than any of the other commentators.

This, I’ve just been reading his twitter account never paid much attention before. It’s certainly very funny and does seem to call stuff.

I’m aware how opinions work thanks for asking

:lol:

Yeah, that’s not how the world works in the Internet age.

You have to hold one position and HATE the other side

Yeah lot of depending factors one being just how much PIF want it

and how much the PL don't.

Unless they are ok with the deal but are holding out as long as possible for some for a massive sweetener for themselves, my fear is that they are never going to back down.

It depends on whether the govt is actually prepared to turn the screw rather than just advise it might be a good idea. I think the Saudis are going to want some payback for all the investments they've made in Britain so they aren't going to be impressed if the PL keep thumbing their nose to govt advice. That advice needs to be progressed to a kick up the arse.

I suppose the govt could threaten greater oversight of the PL if the PL don’t listen to their wishes

It could probably do with some extra oversight tbh. It doesn’t seem accountable to anyone.

If there’s been a government official working to try and get this done behind the scenes as they view it as important trade and the Premier League have still rejected it there’s absolutely nothing that’s changing their minds here man. Any other country in the world once the government puts pressure on it’s getting waved through. Shows how pathetic these tories are.