Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Liam Kennedy doesn't think Bruce will go if we lose tonight fwiw

I'm not expecting that he'll be sacked after tonight or even before the takeover completes, if that happens, but Kennedy will be getting fed the information they want out there, nothing more than that.

Has to be said, on tonight's showing, as average as it was, the players are definitely playing for him; they all put a shift in even though the quality was missing for large parts.

I hope Bruce goes and goes soon, but we're now 10 points clear of safety and both Fulham and Burnley have got some tough games coming up so the gap isn't going to shrink any time soon. Based on that I just can't see Ashley pulling the trigger.

If the takeover was to happen it would be a different story.

Waste of time worrying who the manager is, or where we finish. Investment or lack there off will never see us trouble the top half,or the cups for that matter. The manager will always be a malleable sycophant of some variety. Takeover is the only game in town. I’m at the stage where win or lose I’m ambivalent and it feels healthy tbh.

Waste of time worrying who the manager is, or where we finish. Investment or lack there off will never see us trouble the top half,or the cups for that matter. The manager will always be a malleable sycophant of some variety. Takeover is the only game in town. I’m at the stage where win or lose I’m ambivalent and it feels healthy tbh.

Yup - I don't want to see us lose. I want us to be safe, so hopefully this takeover eventually goes through.

Had a meeting today with very senior PIF directors and had a brief chat about this. Nothing positive unfortunately; according to them they've definitely pulled out and they (the people I was talking to) do not believe they will be back in- at least any time soon. They were understably very scathing about the premier league with regards to their handling of this.

Anyway just passing this on.

Has anyone had a reply from their MP yet ? No reply from that mackem bastard Alan Campbell yet.

Newcastle Consortium Supporters

1h

We’re seeing brilliant support from MP’s for fans in their constituency to make this a public interest matter. Send your letter & join fans who’ve had enough of big pictures, big 6’s and blatant delays of Masters, Hoffman, Bird & Bird. Fans want answers!

I've had a fantastic response from Cllr Richard Porthouse. He's a massive Sunderland fan but wrote a passionate email about his love for football and his commitment to helping in the cause.

I'm sorry, but that's bollocks.

Nothing against you at all.

Could be :lol: , don't claim to be ITK just passing on info as it might be interesting to some. Source is legitimately as high up the ladder as you can get at PIF but yeah :dontknow:

Sound for passing it on tbf, hopefully it might be what they have being told to say if asked questions on it.

Also if they said yeah they are still interested they might be worried you would bombard them more questions so easier just to say no fuck off mate haha

I'm sorry, but that's bollocks.

Nothing against you at all.

Could be :lol: , don't claim to be ITK just passing on info as it might be interesting to some. Source is legitimately as high up the ladder as you can get at PIF but yeah :dontknow:

Sound for passing it on tbf, hopefully it might be what they have being told to say if asked questions on it.

Also if they said yeah they are still interested they might be worried you would bombard them more questions so easier just to say no f*** off mate haha

Or that you will immediately come onto a Newcastle Forum and tell everyone it’s still very much on. ??

Not having a go at previous poster, as love to hear any itk stuff. However, all signs point to them still being very much at table and ready to move. I’m sure PIF’s official line is quite different to the real situation, and multiple sources have confirmed they’re ready to complete deal once PL pass test.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/revealed-behind-scenes-move-newcastle-19359905

Had a meeting today with very senior PIF directors and had a brief chat about this. Nothing positive unfortunately; according to them they've definitely pulled out and they (the people I was talking to) do not believe they will be back in- at least any time soon. They were understably very scathing about the premier league with regards to their handling of this.

Anyway just passing this on.

Really? I call BS on that one as senior PIF directors certainly wouldn’t be working yesterday or today’s as it’s the Saudis weekend

Not having a go at previous poster, as love to hear any itk stuff. However, all signs point to them still being very much at table and ready to move. I’m sure PIF’s official line is quite different to the real situation, and multiple sources have confirmed they’re ready to complete deal once PL pass test.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/revealed-behind-scenes-move-newcastle-19359905

Yeah i agree and the feeling i got from the start of all this is PIF want to be left in the background so obviously saying its off to McCORMICK would be easier than telling him the truth