Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

More evidence that NCSL are working with Ashley to push takeover through -

The group have sent a host of questions to Mr Johnson that they would like answers to or have given him either the option of a Zoom meeting or face to face meeting after lockdown.

Significantly, their quest for answers appears to have the backing of Mike Ashley and NCSL say that they can "facilitate" a meeting between the Sports Direct magnate's legal team in order to get to the heart of the issue.

Mr Patterson states in his letter: "We have the support to host a meeting with the intent of demonstrating the anti-competitive behaviour and the deliberate procrastination in resolving this dispute, along with the refusal to accept information at the EPL in a deliberate attempt to run the clock down.

"I am happy to facilitate a meeting between Nick de Marco, Shaheed Fatima both QC’s from Blackstone Chambers alongside competition support from Robert O’Donoghue and Daniel Jowell both QCs from Brickcourt Chambers."

After that the plan would be to organise a fan-driven movement - which NCSL insist will comply with Covid restrictions.

The letter to Mr Johnson reads: "I’m told the fans will campaign at every opportunity, in a Covid compliant manner, but are looking to repeat the Jarrow March of 1936 - the last time the people of the north felt sufficiently wronged by Government, they undertook a collective action with their feet."

The nine questions sent to Mr Johnson include questions on the why the prospect of post-Brexit trade has potentially been blocked in the North-East, how long the takeover process will drag on for and why the matter is now very much in the public interest.

The Premier League have been approached by the Chronicle for comment on the fans' legal challenge but have maintained a "no comment status" on previous reports throughout Newcastle's takeover story in 2020.

Top-flight chiefs again did not comment on the latest move from Newcastle fans in their takeover dispute.

Can't fault the lads at all.

Now just waiting for all the negative twats...

If Qatar and KSA kiss and make up next week, the PL will never get a better chance to save face!

Id even take them having a bit of credit for 'World Peace' if they pass this thing!

What's happening next week?

Theres a summit between all of the middle east countries. It is being heralded as a symbol of strengthening relations between Qatar and KSA (if Qatar attend)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.aljazeera.com/amp/news/2020/12/30/qatar-emir-invited-to-gulf-summit-amid-diplomatic-row

Hats off to these lads, they are really going for it.

:lol:

Really going for it would perhaps be issuing the legal proceedings in the Competition Appeals Tribunal - which they said they would - not write a load of letters.

It's a load of illogical, disorganised emotive crap, pulling fans along for a ride with no logical destination.

Really going for it would perhaps be issuing the legal proceedings in the Competition Appeals Tribunal - which they said they would - not write a load of letters.

It's a load of illogical, disorganised emotive crap, pulling fans along for a ride with no logical destination.

Atleast they're trying something? Better then doing nothing, or bitching about them online.

Atleast they're trying something? Better then doing nothing, or bitching about them online.

As far as I can see from their Twitter account they've spent more time slagging off other Newcastle fans than trying to achieve anything meaningful.

It's all a scam - strings being pulled primarily by Steve Wraith.

As far as I can see from their Twitter account they've spent more time slagging off other Newcastle fans than trying to achieve anything meaningful.

What are you doing other than slagging off other Newcastle fans for trying to achieve anything meaningful?

My biggest issue with NCSL is that they were disingenuous with their initial claims.

They said they'd push ahead with legal action if the PL didn't "open their books" but that is clearly either no longer their aim or an unachievable aim.

When they first came on the scene there was no mention of lobbying MPs, the PM or arranging protests. It was all about pressing ahead with a legal claim in relation to anti competition law and somewhere along the line that seems to have been lost.

That said, they're trying to do something and that in itself is better than doing nothing.

What are you doing other than slagging off other Newcastle fans for trying to achieve anything meaningful?

It's fair to say that Penn/IMTTS/Grimsby (or any other username that they may have) isn't a fan of NUFC.

My biggest issue with NCSL is that they were disingenuous with their initial claims.

They said they'd push ahead with legal action if the PL didn't "open their books" but that is clearly either no longer their aim or an unachievable aim.

When they first came on the scene there was no mention of lobbying MPs, the PM or arranging protests. It was all about pressing ahead with a legal claim in relation to anti competition law and somewhere along the line that seems to have been lost.

That said, they're trying to do something and that in itself is better than doing nothing.

In their letter they have highlighted how both Man Utd and Spurs had takeover talks themselves with PIF, with Spurs initially agreeing to a sale with them. Since their takeovers failed they then became part of a group of clubs who wished to block our takeover. This clearly demonstrates that those clubs don’t have a problem with a takeover from PIF, they just have a problem with us being taken over by PIF.

Nothing to do with Steve Wraith and what are you doing to assist the takeover ?

I haven’t seen anywhere where they’ve slagged off other fans, they’ve merely pointed out that t***s like you are happy to criticise but done f*** all yourself.

As for it being a scam, these blokes have used their own hard earned cash you f***ing cretin.

Fans like you fella deserve another 13 years of Ashley.

Theres no evidence they have "used their own cash".

Calling someone a cretin because they aren't gullible enough to be taken in by this s**** is par for the course on here.

They have said they’ve used their own cash, are you saying there lying ?

I haven’t seen anywhere where they’ve slagged off other fans, they’ve merely pointed out that t***s like you are happy to criticise but done f*** all yourself.

As for it being a scam, these blokes have used their own hard earned cash you f***ing cretin.

All new members trying to convince others the Takeover is dead.  Hmmm very suspicious.  I wont change my view until Nick De Marco says what the outcome is

All new members trying to convince others the Takeover is dead.  Hmmm very suspicious.  I wont change my view until Nick De Marco says what the outcome is

I can usually smirk at most stuff on here, but when people are lying and making up shit about 2 genuine lads it’s a bit fucking much.