Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

I asked the question the other week if anyone was still confident and most people said no including myself. How do people feel now after what looks like a peace agreement in the Middle East?

I’m back in, Ando says it’s all good, that will do for me .

Howay

I have tried, I have tried hard, but I cannot even come close to understanding how anyone - faced with the facts - could have been anything but confident that this Takeover would succeed.

Based purely on the calibre of the people buying us, it was never going to be in doubt.

All we have to do (during the current quiet period) as I have said time-after-time on here, is WAIT !!!

The PIF have officially withdrawn their bid to buy NUFC.

They have publicly stated that they have withdrawn their bid, that does not necessarily mean that the bid has been officially withdrawn, that information is not in the public domain. The 'official' elements of the deal that were in the public domain (the charges on Companies House, including a £150m loan agreement between PCP and Ashley) all appear to still be in place.

You don't say.. I have no interest to do it all day.

Also, funny how you (Manorpark) make it sound as if it's all but done already :lol:

Not sure that's what anyone has been saying, what Manorpark and others have said is that PIF are still waiting in the wings, and the PL are up against it to keep PIF out. The way things are playing out I think it's looking quite accurate. It's not a done deal while the PL are obviously being crowdfunded by the big six, but legally it does look like they may not be able to prevent a takeover. The last major obstacle was surely the piracy issue with BEIN, and that looks like it's been ironed out.

Without BEIN backing can the PL still justify spending shitloads to keep NUFC out of the big boys club?

If our takeover goes though I still think Qatar will buy Leeds.

Would be quite happy with that like, more competition at the top is just a good thing. The bigger the "top 6" shakeup the better.

:lol: No it isn’t.

I asked the question the other week if anyone was still confident and most people said no including myself. How do people feel now after what looks like a peace agreement in the Middle East?

It's given me a little more hope it will happen but not getting too excited. I'm maybe 60/40 it will happen

Does this cretin go around kicking sand in peoples faces on the beach ?

Yes but he’s probably most likely to be correct than hidden messages in cooking photos.

He's probably not tbh.

Wonder whatever happened to the deposit, was it paid, does it show anywhere and if PIF have “officially” withdrawn would they have to pay it again?

Who knows but it’s a huge chunk of money to simply give up on.

Wonder whatever happened to the deposit, was it paid, does it show anywhere and if PIF have “officially” withdrawn would they have to pay it again?

Who knows but it’s a huge chunk of money to simply give up on.

The deposit is within the £150m loan agreement between PCP and Ashley that was part of the structure of the deal. The charge has not been registered as discharged on Companies House so it all still seems to be in place.

Does this cretin go around kicking sand in peoples faces on the beach ?

Yes but he’s probably most likely to be correct than hidden messages in cooking photos.

Its Luke man, this is his MO.  He waits 24 hours after any item that happens and then comments on it, often taking the obtuse angle so he gets the most number of bites from fans.  He isn't told anything because no-one talks to the miserable get!

Luke hasn't been wrong once tbf

In fact he's been far closer than fan favourites Kennedy and Caulkin

All rather disappointing really

Hasn’t been wrong once? Where’s Henry?

Yeah cause Henry is just waiting for the ink to dry on the deeds to St James before being announced as the new owner.  Luke hasn't been wrong......just like his support of Bruce.....he'll say anything to wind up the NUFC fans.  He's not a journalist he is a twitter troll!

Saying nothing isn’t being right.

Also, what about that Henry bloke which he defended to the hilt?

Is that not classed as being wrong?

What about when he says Bruce is a competent football manager, surely that’s wrong?