Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

After watching that, when he said this won't get to court, and that legal work will start this month,  hopefully more development and news starts flowing in real soon. Also hope that when he said completed by March, it means O&D tests that usually takes 2-4 weeks will be passed in February and all paperwork is done by March.

Which points it back to this month being really important. If it does go to court, then that March anticipation will probable be off again.

This sums it up, surely everyone with this club truly at heart can just put aside any egos, disagreements until this gets over the line. The greater good is what we should all be thinking about at this point.

On a side note thought the defence of Staveley was a timely reminder to all, she has assembled potentially the greatest consortium we could have dreamed and it’s tantalisingly close.

No wonder we’re all on f***ing edge, the stakes have never been higher for this city and club.

This sums it up, surely everyone with this club truly at heart can just put aside any egos, disagreements until this gets over the line. The greater good is what we should all be thinking about at this point.

On a side note thought the defence of Staveley was a timely reminder to all, she has assembled potentially the greatest consortium we could have dreamed and it’s tantalisingly close.

No wonder we’re all on f***ing edge, the stakes have never been higher for this city and club.

Agree fully with all of that.

Watched the entire show and it was excellent. Sometimes, when I read some of the illogical and negative comments about the Takeover on here, I feel I am on a different planet to those people. Watching that show yesterday made me feel I was amongst friends and reinforced my belief in the certainty of our eventual success in this Takeover.

It was great to listen to someone who is actually doing something to help get this sorted.

Great Stuff !!!

I sort of understand the last part of that tweet tbh. NUFC Twitter is awash with wannabe personalities and fan groups and they all fight amongst each other normally vying to be the biggest and bestest fan there is.

They have a mission and once it's done hopefully they close it up, job done.

I don't believe anything will come from all of this but I most certainly won't pull them down for trying, and fingers crossed they do achieve what they set out and I will be humbly grateful.

You have to understand where a lot of the negativity comes from. We are Newcastle United, nothing good ever happens to this club

That statement is (in itself) not remotely true, it is only a 'perception' shared enthusiastically by some - too many - Newcastle United supporters.

Also, this is different to the recent norm, you can see that when you look at (think about) the amazing quality of people in our new owners consortium (incedible !!!!!) and then add to that all of those who are now actively working to combat corruption and push this Takeover across the line.

Our great City and our great club are in for "one heck of a ride", starting in the very near future!

Most important line of all is he expects both cases to begin this month.

Unbelievable passion, sacrifice and commitment to the cause, whatever you think of his letter writing skills.

Indeed he is very commendable any one who is against him is against Newcastle United.

You have to understand where a lot of the negativity comes from. We are Newcastle United, nothing good ever happens to this club

That statement is (in itself) not remotely true, it is only a 'perception' shared enthusiastically by some - too many - Newcastle United supporters.

Also, this is different to the recent norm, you can see that when you look at (think about) the amazing quality of people in our new owners consortium (incedible !!!!!) and then add to that all of those who are now actively working to combat corruption and push this Takeover across the line.

Our great City and our great club are in for "one heck of a ride", starting in the very near future!

What are you talking about man we haven’t won anything since 1969. We lost out on the title in 96 after being 9 points clear in January (I think), lost two cup finals on the 90s. We had an amazing manager in Keegan who got forced out twice by those above him and we finally get a manager that’s won it all and he leaves after 2 seasons in the PL due to lack of investment

We get a multi billionaire take us over and just our luck he’s a skinflint cunt

You may not like or agree with the statement but there is definitely truth that nothing good happens/we have anything to celebrate.

Honestly think your relentless positivity is borderline trolling ?

Keith is an absolute diamond. Articulate, sharp and down to earth

The passion just radiates from him and he knows his onions. He's got a lot of fingers in a lot of pies and knows a lot of influential people!

I think we will hear something significant in the next week!

And some people just like to be negative and cunts as it gives them cheap frills.

Jonathon Ross is right.

So March is the new January then. Seems like it keeps being pushed two months ahead all the time. Why anyone would pay any attention to a time frame put forward by the NCSL, or anyone else tbh, is beyond me.

It's been proven time, and time and time again that the "buyers confidence" means absolutely nowt.

I watched the Steve Wraith thing with Keith Patterson up until the rambling and wittering about how hard done by they've been on Twitter (so about 15 minutes). I don't know whether or not they've got a point or a fair comment about Twitter trolls, frankly I couldn't give a flying fuck. Nowt more tedious than listening to someone harp on about some argument they've had with someone, which you know nowt about, where they were definitely in the right or the other person was definitely in the wrong. Felt like a teacher listening to kids telling tales.

As for Keith Patterson, I thought his opening spiel seemed pretty honest and genuine and if everything he is saying about all the hours he's put into it is true, then fair play to him. It's a damn site more than I'm doing and if it's having any effect on the prospect of a takeover, then he's earned a pint from just about every Newcastle fan out there.

Guest neesy111

So March is the new January then. Seems like it keeps being pushed two months ahead all the time. Why anyone would pay any attention to a time frame put forward by the NCSL, or anyone else tbh, is beyond me.

It's been proven time, and time and time again that the "buyers confidence" means absolutely nowt.

Going to get a Whitley mag etc on your case now

What are you talking about man we haven’t won anything since 1969. We lost out on the title in 96 after being 9 points clear in January (I think), lost two cup finals on the 90s. We had an amazing manager in Keegan who got forced out twice by those above him and we finally get a manager that’s won it all and he leaves after 2 seasons in the PL due to lack of investment

You may not like or agree with the statement but there is definitely truth that nothing good happens/we have anything to celebrate.

In regards to your first paragraph, a lot of people like me think that was a great time.  So when you say nothing good happens, well it's just not true.  My memories of our Wembley trips will never recede.  We were the best team in 1996.  I'm not bothered what the final league table said we were fantastic and it was great times not good.  I think you just love a good moan.

Watched the entire show and it was excellent. Sometimes, when I read some of the illogical and negative comments about the Takeover on here, I feel I am on a different planet to those people. Watching that show yesterday made me feel I was amongst friends and reinforced my belief in the certainty of our eventual success in this Takeover.

It was great to listen to someone who is actually doing something to help get this sorted.

Great Stuff !!!

"Illogical"

:lol:

Great Stuff !!!

"Illogical"

:lol:

Is that another "Spock-ism" ?? (I think it is!)  :lol: :lol:

In regards to your first paragraph, a lot of people like me think that was a great time.  So when you say nothing good happens, well it's just not true.  My memories of our Wembley trips will never recede.  We were the best team in 1996.  I'm not bothered what the final league table said we were fantastic and it was great times not good.  I think you just love a good moan.

It was tremendous but ultimately we never won anything. You’ve got a cheek. Your constantly negative :lol:

It was an off the cuff comment that Newcastle fans are within their right to expert the worst. For what it’s worth in my opinion there’s more chance the takeover happens in next few months than it ever had in the spring/summer

I've just cleaned out our cats litter tray . . . OH no, sorry, I've just read your sad diatribe.

Difficult to tell the difference !

I've just cleaned out our cats litter tray . . . OH no, sorry, I've just read your sad diatribe.

Difficult to tell the difference !

Great patter

Going to get a Whitley mag etc on your case now

Not me, if you don’t think it’s going to happen I respect your view. I do think you’ll be proved wrong in the end, but when that is the jury is still out.

The only thing that’s riled me on here, was the calling NCSL embarrassing idiots. Hopefully Keith dispelled that last night, and we can all get behind any efforts to make this happen.

Until Ashley is gone the "perception" that nothing good ever happens is well supported by reality.

That’s all I was saying. I’m in the positive camp but was just saying I can understand where a bit of negativity comes from. I don’t understand why people in here have to batter people over the head wether it be with their positive viewpoint or negative viewpoint. For as annoying negative Sean is manor park is equally annoyingly positive yet one gets slaughtered and the other doesn’t. Believe what you believe until we find out for sure

Until Ashley is gone the "perception" that nothing good ever happens is well supported by reality.

Lots of good and great things have happened to NUFC and our Great City, while I have been supporting the club.

I've had some great times.

BUT, the "best is yet to come - and soon".

Hope you can enjoy it!

That’s all I was saying. I’m in the positive camp but was just saying I can understand where a bit of negativity comes from. I don’t understand why people in here have to batter people over the head wether it be with their positive viewpoint or negative viewpoint. For as annoying negative Sean is manor park is equally annoyingly positive yet one gets slaughtered and the other doesn’t. Believe what you believe until we find out for sure

What I try to say every time, is that I am not 'positive' at all, just 'realistic' - when you look at the important facts about the people involved.