Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Could someone post a summary of what's said?  :aww:

We didn't come up at all, understandably.

It was a really interesting interview though, he's obviously an incredibly smart bloke who really knows his football and has a good sense of humour. I'd recommend listening to it if only to get the measure of a bloke who, weirdly, appears to be playing a critical role in the future of our club.

https://www.presstv.com/Detail/2021/02/14/645239/Saudi-Crown-Prince-Mohammed-bin-Salman-female-supermodels-lavish-celebrations-Velaa-Resort-Maldives

Shipping over 150 Russian and Brazilian 'models' and having them STD tested seems pretty people trafficky.

Lads, lads, lads.

Thought women were precious and should not be touched by anyone but their husbands.  That's why they cant men cant shake hands with female referees.

He was in the Maldives. When in Rome.

https://www.presstv.com/Detail/2021/02/14/645239/Saudi-Crown-Prince-Mohammed-bin-Salman-female-supermodels-lavish-celebrations-Velaa-Resort-Maldives

Shipping over 150 Russian and Brazilian 'models' and having them STD tested seems pretty people trafficky.

Isn’t PressTV an Iranian state propaganda mouthpiece? Iran and Saudi are enemies

True, although it's their take on an investigation by Africa Report who I don't think have such an agenda.

https://www.theafricareport.com/65226/saudi-arabia-yacht-top-models-pitbull-concert-mbss-penchant-for-the-good-life/

Relegated. Bruce stays and Di-Marco gets Ashley his compensation. #soon

A depressingly possible outcome.

Don’t care what the ultra positives think. There is no way this club will be sold until confirmation of what division we are in is confirmed. Then, if we are relegated and they do actually still want the club (something I doubt), Ashley will have to more than half his asking price and he’s not going to do that.

I keep hearing this reference to Ashley getting his compensation (but with no takeover happening). What kind of figure is that likely to be ?

Can't possibly be the sale value of the club, surely ?

I keep hearing this reference to Ashley getting his compensation (but with no takeover happening). What kind of figure is that likely to be ?

Can't possibly be the sale value of the club, surely ?

Nah, it wouldn't be anywhere near that.

Not a single reliable source has said Ashley is wanting compensation. Everyone (Jacobs, caulkin etc) all say it's to get the takeover deal done.

The only person who thinks it's for compo is IMTTS.

Ashley would earn far more from future deals with the Saudis than what he would get from the PL. He wants this takeover done for many reasons.

Think the wider point is if arbitration is about whether the OD test was done correctly, then any outcome which would favour a compensation claim would also support the takeover going through.

"You can have your £300m compensation, but we're still not approving the sale"

Doesn't quite stack up, does it.

Not a single reliable source has said Ashley is wanting compensation. Everyone (Jacobs, caulkin etc) all say it's to get the takeover deal done.

The only person who thinks it's for compo is IMTTS.

Ashley would earn far more from future deals with the Saudis than what he would get from the PL. He wants this takeover done for many reasons.

No, but if things aren't going quite his way, it is possible he would settle to claw some cash back.

Does Stifleaay still maintain that he had conversations with Amanda or was it just a bit of a joke?

What about the time he said every stadium should an have an underground panic bunker for 50,000 people to pile into in the event of a terrorist attack. Was he joking then?

Does Stifleaay still maintain that he had conversations with Amanda or was it just a bit of a joke?

What about the time he said every stadium should an have an underground panic bunker for 50,000 people to pile into in the event of a terrorist attack. Was he joking then?

Why are you randomly bringing me up?

Curious to know if you really claim to have to talked to Amanda or if it was just a bit of daft carry on.

Curious to know if you really claim to have to talked to Amanda or if it was just a bit of daft carry on.

Yes I talked to her, but as I said at the time I don’t expect anyone to believe me, nor do I still expect people to believe me 3 years on.

Yes I talked to her, but as I said at the time I don’t expect anyone to believe, nor do I still expect people to believe me 3 years on.

:thup: