Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Amid all the doom n gloom, one question...

Why has the rejection of this deal not been announced? Why?

The Premier League have no obligation to publicly comment on the outcome, pass or fail

Yes. And knowing what he is to the club Ashley is hardly likely to make the announcement "yeah I'm staying and things are going to be even sh*tter than they've been so far" when there's fans to con and media to continue to feed the "how can you expect him to invest when he's trying to sell the club" line.

The Premier League have no obligation to publicly comment on the outcome, pass or fail

You would imagine one of the buyers, or Mike would comment on it.

EID celebrations start 27th July in Saudi no business to be had in that week, I repeat no business to be had.

EID for us in the UK is Friday, so Thurs in S.A - should be muted in S.A due to no Hajj this year

Me pal says banks will be closed the lot. For the week

I'm available for the money to rest in my account Father Ted style

No problem send the Prince your account number and he will sort it

Because they have no legally sound grounds to reject it on / rejection of it would be too politically sensitive. Their only option, if they don't want to approve it, is to delay until it goes away.

People need to give it a rest with the "there will be a legal battle if it fails" bollocks. There will be no legal repercussions. All parties will say nothing and try to pretend that the whole farce never happened, allowing it to fizzle out with barely a murmur of complant. Meanwhile we will be left to pick up the pieces once again.

I get why people keep peddling the legal action line. Its because they feel that someone, somewhere needs to pay a price for making us fans suffer like this. But its not going to happen. Unfortunately we are the ones who will be in bits about this and all of the other parties will just walk away with a shrug.

This. And as Ben Jacobs put in one of his tweets "Sometimes I think NUFC fans just want to hear 'it's happening' regardless of truth/context" - we even had people claiming the Saudis banning Bein was positive news ffs.

When you realise that Staveley's track record isn't very good, and that she has been the only one confident of this happening, then sadly this falling though has looked the most likely outcome for a while now.

You don't think the other buying parties weren't confident of passing? They just thought they'd spend months of their time and significant financial outlay on a punt? Plus Ashley thought he'd entertain them for the lolz.

Your hated of Staveley is mysoginistic and creepy. What was the name of the woman that hurt you so badly?

Mysogynistic...at least spell it correctly if it means that much to you  :lol:

Why so melodramatic anyway. She told Caulkin lots of stuff, none of which has come to fruition. Me pointing that out = a hatred based on mysogynistic views  :lol:

I actually Googled it to check the spelling and still fucked it up  :lol:

You go on and on about her and find it a bit weird. Obviously she, the Reuben brothers, PIF, Ashley and whatever legal teams they use ALL thought it would proceed.

She did possibly embark on a bit of brinkmanship during the 1st attempted takeover, but they are very much mutually exclusive and if this does fail, it's through no fault of her own.

Same  :lol:

I want to like her and believe her, and I did for a bit, I've just been suspicious that her confidence may be miss-placed.

A better answer is because it obviously hasn't been rejected.

People need to give it a rest with the "there will be a legal battle if it fails" bollocks. There will be no legal repercussions. All parties will say nothing and try to pretend that the whole farce never happened, allowing it to fizzle out with barely a murmur of complant. Meanwhile we will be left to pick up the pieces once again.

I get why people keep peddling the legal action line. Its because they feel that someone, somewhere needs to pay a price for making us fans suffer like this. But its not going to happen. Unfortunately we are the ones who will be in bits about this and all of the other parties will just walk away with a shrug.

This. And as Ben Jacobs put in one of his tweets "Sometimes I think NUFC fans just want to hear 'it's happening' regardless of truth/context" - we even had people claiming the Saudis banning Bein was positive news ffs.

When you realise that Staveley's track record isn't very good, and that she has been the only one confident of this happening, then sadly this falling though has looked the most likely outcome for a while now.

You don't think the other buying parties weren't confident of passing? They just thought they'd spend months of their time and significant financial outlay on a punt? Plus Ashley thought he'd entertain them for the lolz.

Your hated of Staveley is mysoginistic and creepy. What was the name of the woman that hurt you so badly?

Why so melodramatic anyway. She told Caulkin lots of stuff, none of which has come to fruition. Me pointing that out = a hatred based on mysogynistic views  :lol:

You go on and on about her and find it a bit weird. Obviously she, the Reuben brothers, PIF, Ashley and whatever legal teams they use ALL thought it would proceed.

She did possibly embark on a bit of brinkmanship during the 1st attempted takeover, but they are very much mutually exclusive and if this does fail, it's through no fault of her own.

I want to like her and believe her, and I did for a bit, I've just been suspicious that her confidence may be miss-placed.

Who's ever stated that it was Staverley that told Caulkin?

How do you know Caulkin isn't just making it up to appease the fans that keep pestering him every minute of the day for answers?

Show us where anyone has 'Quoted' Staverley in saying any of this, bet you can't. She's signed a NDA like everyone else that's involved in the deal, do you think she's going to fuck it up by confiding in a journalist? We all know Ashley doesn't need much excuse to pull out of a deal

I'm pleased it's changed, was sick of the sight of the old thread title like

Wait until you see this one for the next four months.

As a representative of the "Manorparkians Group" I can tell you that you will not be seeing this Thread Title (unchanged) for the next four months.

In fact I can formally announce that Takeover Day WILL BE on Monday 27th July 2020.

(Remember, you read it here first . . )

Abit late to the party, but im joining this club. Roll on monday!!

You would imagine one of the buyers, Mike, would comment on it.

Does he? If we're led to believe he has made £17mil from this farce so he'll be quite happy.  He'll not care we're in the dark.

How do you know Caulkin isn't just making it up to appease the fans that keep pestering him every minute of the day for answers?

Show us where anyone has 'Quoted' Staverley in saying any of this, bet you can't. She's signed a NDA like everyone else that's involved in the deal, do you think she's going to fuck it up by confiding in a journalist? We all know Ashley doesn't need much excuse to pull out of a deal

It's probably just a guess that its Staveley feeding the positivity to GC, because she made contact with him and gave him the interview during the last bid.

However, due to the NDA's, its probably someone from the buyers legal team team passing on the small snippets of info ("no red flags so far", "buyers still positive", "buyers have answered everything asked").

The legal team will know how much they can or can't say, hence the vagueness that GC gets to report.

On the flipside, the negative stuff that gets reported is full of detail, and paints the picture of a nailed on fail, despite the only people knowing for sure being the Legal teams on each side and the PL.

As a representative of the "Manorparkians Group" I can tell you that you will not be seeing this Thread Title (unchanged) for the next four months.

In fact I can formally announce that Takeover Day WILL BE on Monday 27th July 2020.

Excellent, not sure how many members we have now, seven I think?

Ashley wants out, if he can get £17M for this to fall through with a better offer in the wings I’d expect him to let time waster rumours get out or something to that effect. Ashley has way more important business interests than NUFC at the moment, he wants money and he has completely washed his hands of day to day running of the club or putting money into the club.

This is Ashley’s big chance to take the money and run, he’ll not do anything to jeopardise it. The club itself is in complete limbo, there’s still furloughed staff and they’re trying out to manoeuvre some back room staff out to avoid bringing them back.

It's probably just a guess that its Staveley feeding the positivity to GC, because she made contact with him and gave him the interview during the last bid.

However, due to the NDA's, its probably someone from the buyers legal team team passing on the small snippets of info ("no red flags so far", "buyers still positive", "buyers have answered everything asked").

The legal team will know how much they can or can't say, hence the vagueness that GC gets to report.

On the flipside, the negative stuff that gets reported is full of detail, and paints the picture of a nailed on fail, despite the only people knowing for sure being the Legal teams on each side and the PL.

Yeah, totally agree with you, could be anyone feeding the stories and when they said it obviously there were no red flags. The Qatari's are trying everything in there power for this not to go through, and I honestly believe it won't.

All I'm saying though is, no one has ever said it was Staverley who said it and obviously people will asume it's her with her past dialogue with Caulkin, but it doesn't mean she is still in contact with him and giving him snippets. She's the one that didn't walk away from the deal when Ashley insulted her calling her a time waster. It's just made her more determined to get the club and if it falls through it's by no means her fault

I'm pretty sure Caulkin never said anything apart from that the prospective purchasers remain confident, he certainly never said he was getting feedback from Staveley. And as far as I know she hasn't said anything publicly about the takeover since the last one fell through. She's extremely successful, wealthy and attractive, is that a problem?

Does anyone think yesterday was a rather bizarre day ? Yes we’ve had some shit days during this, however every journo just latched on to the next.

First we had the baldy cockney cnut telling us exclusivity was over and Mauriss was in talks. Then we had Bird saying it’s stalled and the PL were standing by Bein. Quickly followed by Jacobs and Keys painting a bleak picture, and the Saudis decision to ban bein as the final nail.

Three of the said journalists clearly have an agenda against this takeover and though Jacobs seems very clued up, there’s no doubting some of his info is coming from Bein.

So as Caulkin has said today both sides are clearly contradicting each other, the buyers maintain it will happen and bein now seem confident it’ll be rejected.

I’m really unsure where I’m at with this at minute, I’m leaning towards yesterday being Qatari spin and edwards having shit sources as proved throughout this.

I think I’m still in but my main fear is the PL play the ultimate cnuts trick here and refuse to make decision. Can they do that who fucking knows if where all honest, but I would hope if they try this either Ashley or PIF take legal action, as surely this would be deemed a restraint of trade and unreasonable.

Just thinking aloud as this has now got my head fucked.

Because they have no legally sound grounds to reject it on / rejection of it would be too politically sensitive. Their only option, if they don't want to approve it, is to delay until it goes away.

Spot on....if the ODT is turned down expect trade discussions to slow and a Saudi spokesman to say he hopes they resume  'soon'

Guest godzilla

Does anyone think yesterday was a rather bizarre day ? Yes we’ve had some s*** days during this, however every journo just latched on to the next.

First we had the baldy cockney cnut telling us exclusivity was over and Mauriss was in talks. Then we had Bird saying it’s stalled and the PL were standing by Bein. Quickly followed by Jacobs and Keys painting a bleak picture, and the Saudis decision to ban bein as the final nail.

Three of the said journalists clearly have an agenda against this takeover and though Jacobs seems very clued up, there’s no doubting some of his info is coming from Bein.

So as Caulkin has said today both sides are clearly contradicting each other, the buyers maintain it will happen and bein now seem confident it’ll be rejected.

I’m really unsure where I’m at with this at minute, I’m leaning towards yesterday being Qatari spin and edwards having s*** sources as proved throughout this.

I think I’m still in but my main fear is the PL play the ultimate cnuts trick here and refuse to make decision. Can they do that who f***ing knows if where all honest, but I would hope if they try this either Ashley or PIF take legal action, as surely this would be deemed a restraint of trade and unreasonable.

Just thinking aloud as this has now got my head f***ed.

At the end of the day KSA banning beIN will not be the reason that the takeover is knocked back as it's not part of the remit for the O&D test.

Excellent, not sure how many members we have now, seven I think?

What the Hell, get me in there too!

I don't put too much stock In any journo because nothing has happened since day one beyond posturing. I fully expect nothing to have happened in a couple of weeks. Which of course allows Bird to act like he was right without having any real evidence of it.

Does anyone think yesterday was a rather bizarre day ? Yes we’ve had some s*** days during this, however every journo just latched on to the next.

I’m really unsure where I’m at with this at minute, I’m leaning towards yesterday being Qatari spin and edwards having s*** sources as proved throughout this.

I think I’m still in but my main fear is the PL play the ultimate cnuts trick here and refuse to make decision. Can they do that who f***ing knows if where all honest, but I would hope if they try this either Ashley or PIF take legal action, as surely this would be deemed a restraint of trade and unreasonable.

At the end of the day KSA banning beIN will not be the reason that the takeover is knocked back as it's not part of the remit for the O&D test.

I agree it’s not but it clearly hasn’t helped. We seemed to have momentum when they were bringing in new piracy laws, and it appears to have been lost since decision to ban Bein.

It's easy for negative news to snowball because those against the deal aren't in involved in it. Their sources can twist anything any way they want with zero consequence. If they're wrong they can just cover it with a "Things changed" like.

Guest godzilla

I agree it’s not but it clearly hasn’t helped. We seemed to have momentum when they were bringing in new piracy laws, and it appears to have been lost since decision to ban Bein.

Still can't use it to fail the takeover though as it's not part of the remit for the test and the piracy laws have been brought in to placate the WTO report.