Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

I just don’t think they’d have passed the OD test without the media knowing about it.

This not disputing golfmag has genuine contacts he clearly has, but think this info received is either incorrect or misinterpreted.

We would know if this bid had been green lit, and all the evidence suggests it hasn’t yet.

So he was told the PL is no longer the problem, he's speculating Ashley is the hold up?

If the prospective new owners has passed the test it's probably Ashley that has failed the "selling owner test".

OMG, we're stuck with Ashley forever!!!

Guest The Little Waster

Maybe hes dying of Covid and isnt in a fit and proper state to sign it off ? 🥳

Richard Bevan didn’t really enlighten, other than to say that he wondered whether Mike Ashley was holding out for the opportunity to go with the higher offer from the US. He said that he thought the plan was to resume the Premier League from the end of June and that German managers were worried that they wouldn’t actually finish the season due to a probable second spike. PS just sitting in my office at my golf club looking at Jordan Pickford arriving…

Everything is coming up Mauriss.

I just don’t think they’d have passed the OD test without the media knowing about it.

This not disputing golfmag has genuine contacts he clearly has, but think this info received is either incorrect or misinterpreted.

We would know if this bid had been green lit, and all the evidence suggests it hasn’t yet.

It's just completely vague to the point you can interpret it in about 10 different ways.  I don't doubt he's been told that though.  I mean you could interpret that comment as there belief that the Premier League have asked a question they haven't received a satisfactory answer to therefore it's not them preventing the takeover, it's the people not providing the answer they need.

Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk

Weirdly makes sense (Nobody's post) but the question remains as to what Ashley could actually do to effectively tear up the deal that has been agreed.

Unless of course he's prepared to take the penalty for cancelling the deal and take the gamble that a bigger bid would cover the cost and more.

If that's the case he's going to end up fucking us and himself.

Sounds like it may be that Ashley isn’t passing PIF’s answer’s on to the PL.

It doesn’t say that the deal is no longer with the PL does it, just that it’s not the PL that is holding up the deal.

Guest godzilla

Weirdly makes sense (Nobody's post) but the question remains as to what Ashley could actually do to effectively tear up the deal that has been agreed.

Unless of course he's prepared to take the penalty for cancelling the deal and take the gamble that a bigger bid would cover the cost and more.

If that's the case he's going to end up f***ing us and himself.

If he thinks he can afford to take the penalty I think he will be getting a massive shock as potentially you're talking multi-millions in court and maybe even more. The Saudis with their enormous wealth are not people to be messed about. Think it's going to be an interesting few days for information coming out.

It doesn’t say that the deal is no longer with the PL does it, just that it’s not the PL that is holding up the deal.

Why wouldn't Ashley pass PIFs answers to the PL?

Makes no sence if he want's to sell.

Guest godzilla

The tweet or the source info within the tweet is open to interpretation as it could mean either.

Guest godzilla

Surely the Mauriss deal is a red herring. How would he ever pass O&D Test? How could he evidence the funding source? Everything would need to start from scratch. Could be Ashley using any break in exclusivity to leverage Mauriss ‘bid’ to squeeze more out of the Saudis? What’s a few million when you’re worth billions after all?

You're somewhat missing the point: The Qataris don't give two shots about whether Mauriss actually buys Newcastle. :lol:

They just need to stop the Saudis buying us. Ashley rejecting PIF for Mauriss achieves that, even if Mauriss then fails the tests. The Qataris also don't care if there's court action later between Ashley and PIF. They only have one aim, and dangling an extra few million in front of Ashley achieves that because he'll be swayed by £s, as always.

Don't think even Ashley is that stupid in trying to double cross the Saudis not knowing it will not cost him an absolute fortune.

I've just come in and read the last ten pages or so, so I have obtained a kind of "overall understanding" of what has been said.

(1) There is no evidence at all that Ashley is now trying to stop the deal, neither is there evidence that he 'could', even if he wanted to (without huge financial losses).

(2) The only thing that seems clear is that strong sources say we will "hear this week".

(3) Now, I know that after my "27th July" forecast, my reputation is not at its highest, but I have NEVER thought that the bid would not succeed, and there is nothing in these last ten pages of 'dire worry' to change my mind.

So . . .

(4) It looks like we may get our new owners this week.

Come on people - HAVE FAITH !!

I've just come in and read the last ten pages or so, so I have obtained a kind of "overall understanding" of what has been said.

(1) There is no evidence at all that Ashley is now trying to stop the deal, neither is there evidence that he 'could', even if he wanted to (without huge financial losses).

(2) The only thing that seems clear is that strong sources say we will "hear this week".

(3) Now, I know that after my "27th July" forecast, my reputation is not at its highest, but I have NEVER thought that the bid would not succeed, and there is nothing in these last ten pages of 'dire worry' to change my mind.

So . . .

(4) It looks like we may get our new owners this week.

Come on people - HAVE FAITH !!

Correct, so please stop posting rubbish until the decision has been made.

Most of this thread has been terrible, the last 10 pages though, they win hands down for people posting absolute garbage about something they have absolutely no clue about at all. Unless someone has something informative to add don’t bother.

And yes this post adds nothing either.

Would the PL start O&D test if the deal said that either party could pull out anytime? Guess the PL have used a lot of money on the test.

And, i’m pretty sure the buyers would have leaked something to the press if it was true that Ashley is the hold up now.

I know Golfmag has been spot on before, but this sounds a bit strange imo.