Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

I cannot believe we’re in the timeline were bravissimo is the number one itk  ;D

An absolutely ridiculous state of affairs

Awooga  :frantic:

Toppa. It is a bit ridiculous isn’t it?

Who’s Bravissimo?

If we flip all this where we are the bad guys(not hard in the Saudi's case I suppose) and the Premier league are the good guys stopping the evil getting in 😂.

Will it not look bad if later down the line its proved that these two lawsuits or whatever are coordinating and everyone is working together behind the scenes to take down the Premier league?

Or is that allowed legally and there is no conflict of interest l. If that's the case then wouldn't the consortium and the fan group be more open about there collusion?

This from Mick Martin is spot on.

There are those who have claimed some special inside track on the United takeover. They have used it as their USP to attract attention and made flamboyant claims as to their reach. They will be mightily disappointed if I’m correct and Staveley has fallen out of the picture.

It’s my understanding some extravagant job offers have been made to certain individuals – none of those would-be candidates appear to have the skills, expertise or experience to sustain any role of significance within a resurgent PL football club.

But some people need to have a look at themselves in terms of how easily taken in they might have been – how they have been played and used in this regard. If someone offers you something too good to be true, it frequently is the case that it isn’t.

But if you lack the tools to divorce your desperation for something to be true with a clear objectivity, then it is a good bet you’ll be suckered at best as a gullible fool or at worse useful idiot.

I have a certain view on the Premier League and its operations. I do think it is unduly influenced by Qatari interest via the TV company beIN and a Saudi led takeover of Newcastle United has become a proxy war in a middle-eastern dispute between rival nation states. I believe six Premier League clubs cast an undue influence over the Premier League and few can deny the true motives of those six clubs following the disclosures of Operation Big Picture. That demonstrated the cartel-like nature of those clubs and you can imagine the lack of enthusiasm for a big hitter such as a Saudi-backed Newcastle United joining the fun at the top end of the league.

I also believe the PL’s legal counsel offered arbitration in the protracted PL takeover process because that judgement would likely find in its favour. Frankly, it’s a stretch to argue the Public Investment Fund of Saudi Arabia is a separate entity from that same sovereign state.

With good cause we can point to the position at Man City with the Abu Dhabis and highlight how the Owners & Directors Test has been applied differently in M11 to NE1.

But those involved in all of this who want to see a takeover of Newcastle United happen have a choice.

They can remain angry at the manoeuvrings of the Premier League and other dark forces. They can nurse a grievance at how differently this takeover has been treated compared to others. And they can pursue legal action which is likely to be time-consuming, expensive with no guarantee of success.

Or they can go back to the drawing board and reshape the purchase of Newcastle United FC.

In the first paragraph he attacks those who claim to have inside knowledge. Then claims inside knowledge in the second paragraph.

There are those who have claimed some special inside track on the United takeover. They have used it as their USP to attract attention and made flamboyant claims as to their reach. They will be mightily disappointed if I’m correct and Staveley has fallen out of the picture.

It’s my understanding some extravagant job offers have been made to certain individuals – none of those would-be candidates appear to have the skills, expertise or experience to sustain any role of significance within a resurgent PL football club.

But some people need to have a look at themselves in terms of how easily taken in they might have been – how they have been played and used in this regard. If someone offers you something too good to be true, it frequently is the case that it isn’t.

But if you lack the tools to divorce your desperation for something to be true with a clear objectivity, then it is a good bet you’ll be suckered at best as a gullible fool or at worse useful idiot.

I have a certain view on the Premier League and its operations. I do think it is unduly influenced by Qatari interest via the TV company beIN and a Saudi led takeover of Newcastle United has become a proxy war in a middle-eastern dispute between rival nation states. I believe six Premier League clubs cast an undue influence over the Premier League and few can deny the true motives of those six clubs following the disclosures of Operation Big Picture. That demonstrated the cartel-like nature of those clubs and you can imagine the lack of enthusiasm for a big hitter such as a Saudi-backed Newcastle United joining the fun at the top end of the league.

I also believe the PL’s legal counsel offered arbitration in the protracted PL takeover process because that judgement would likely find in its favour. Frankly, it’s a stretch to argue the Public Investment Fund of Saudi Arabia is a separate entity from that same sovereign state.

With good cause we can point to the position at Man City with the Abu Dhabis and highlight how the Owners & Directors Test has been applied differently in M11 to NE1.

But those involved in all of this who want to see a takeover of Newcastle United happen have a choice.

They can remain angry at the manoeuvrings of the Premier League and other dark forces. They can nurse a grievance at how differently this takeover has been treated compared to others. And they can pursue legal action which is likely to be time-consuming, expensive with no guarantee of success.

Or they can go back to the drawing board and reshape the purchase of Newcastle United FC.

In the first paragraph he attacks those who claim to have inside knowledge. Then claims inside knowledge in the second paragraph.

Not really, this is what said people in the first paragraph have been telling people in private.

Guest reefatoon

Struggling to see what is spot on with it. Just more guess work from an attention seeker, no different to the people he is calling.

Sounds like fanzine editor wars. He’s accusing stavely of dangling jobs to wraithe and co. But that’s another itk comment about different purchasing tactics and different entities. Either way sounds like we are gonna be loaded.

Loaded with what, cold?  :lol:

No way is Staveley offering Wraith a job.

Wraith is like an Eddie Hearn wannabe, and Jamie Rueben is friends with Eddie Hearn.

Wraith will have been used for whatever contact to fans and at the club he has, he’ll hear fuck all from Staveley again.

If Mimms' mate is right, then we should maybe take Liam Kennedy with at least a little pinch of salt. Mentions earlier of why might not be so far wide of the mark.

Sorry, I don't get what you mean with your second sentence. Can you expand on that at all?

Basically, Mimms' 'source' reckons LK is getting info from a certain someone, who in turn is getting it directly from Staveley.

Are you talking about Wraith here?

O0

So Wraith, the ultimate self promoting gobshite, is keeping quiet and giving his info to someone else to gain themselves credit at his expense?  Now either Wraith is deeply in love with Kennedy or this is bollocks.

Guest Howaythetoon

Another self serving self interest only gobshite who was fucking abysmal during the SackPardew/AshleyOut campaigns. He can fuck off - the gall of the prick :lol:

Guest neesy111

Another self serving self interest only gobshite who was fucking abysmal during the SackPardew/AshleyOut campaigns. He can fuck off - the gall of the prick :lol:

This.

Guest Howaythetoon

This.

He was embarrassing as fuck. Any fan whose business is in making money off NUFC can fuck off IMO. They are always gonna have their own interest first and a conflict of interest that puts theirs before club and fans. Worse than Ashley these parasites and scabs!

If Mimms' mate is right, then we should maybe take Liam Kennedy with at least a little pinch of salt. Mentions earlier of why might not be so far wide of the mark.

Sorry, I don't get what you mean with your second sentence. Can you expand on that at all?

Basically, Mimms' 'source' reckons LK is getting info from a certain someone, who in turn is getting it directly from Staveley.

Are you talking about Wraith here?

O0

So Wraith, the ultimate self promoting gobshite, is keeping quiet and giving his info to someone else to gain themselves credit at his expense?  Now either Wraith is deeply in love with Kennedy or this is bollocks.

Of course it’s bullshit man :lol:

This.

He was embarrassing as fuck. Any fan whose business is in making money off NUFC can fuck off IMO. They are always gonna have their own interest first and a conflict of interest that puts theirs before club and fans. Worse than Ashley these parasites and scabs!

Definitely. Martin is talking utter rubbish there and all.

So hang on Kennedy gets his info from Wraith and then goes on to Wraith’s podcast to tell Wraith what he’s heard. From Wraith

Yeah I'm with you, that makes no sense.

I think Kennedy is making too much of the takeover recently. He's the only journalist actively covering it and he went big on the NCSL stuff and specifically said they'd take the PL to court which hasn't happened.

There is no way Wraith is his source, Wraith knows next to nothing imo and neither do the dentist or the other guy.

I do think Kennedy is reporting in good faith but he is wrongly getting people's hopes up with concrete evidence. He always caveats his articles with the fact he's "hopeful" rather than "confident" but he's really pushing the positive narrative hard and I can't stand his "join the dots" nonsense.

I would love for the takeover to go through and I do think there is stuff going on with regards to Ashley's legal action/arbitration but I genuinely don't think anyone knows how it's progressing outside of those directly involved.

It's all gone very Qanon hasn't it? On that note, I'm out.