Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

If Ashley has enough affinity for NUFC to keep attendending post takeover never mind keeping a stake it would make the contempt for the club he's displayed and the level of neglect under his reign even more astonishing.

Not really arsed if he keeps 5% or a box as long as he is no longer the owner and has no say in running the club.

Even with a takeover, unless we buy a complete new team, we’re fucked for ages.

Honestly, at this stage, I don't think I care. I just want Ashley and Bruce gone.

This 100%, it's all that matters.

The club is dead until it happens.

Having said that, I disagree with the 'complete new team' comment, install a Rafa, and we're more than capable of treading water in mid table whilst making improvements. 

Just a manager who can inspire and improve the players we already have, has a degree of tactical ability, brings in coaches to improve things, and for the new owners to put in place professional and suitable training facilities which will benefit the team. That’s all I want. A new player now and again to push us forwards and improve the team, but transfer spending really doesn’t have to be immediate or extravagant. Just to compete, give us something to be proud of, and infuse a bit of spirit and passion about the place again.

Will be nice to be linked with top players again, we would definitely be appealing to them again which we haven't been for years.

"The highly rated under 21 international is being linked with Real Madrid, Manchester City and Newcastle United"

:smitten:

De Marcos tweet was a bit weird!

Far too open for my liking unless there has been clear progress!

Who knows  :undecided:

Seriously?

How much more miserable can you get? I mean, no one is making out that something big or significant is coming very soon based on that tweet yet you've managed to sound like Bruce being dumpy and all.

De Marcos tweet was a bit weird!

Far too open for my liking unless there has been clear progress!

Who knows  :undecided:

Seriously?

How much more miserable can you get? I mean, no one is making out that something big or significant is coming very soon based on that tweet yet you've managed to sound like Bruce being dumpy and all.

De Marco tweets openly about speaking to officials isn't suggesting something big is on the horizon?

If it isn't something big it is completely unnecessary and a blatant attempt to incite an already desperate fanbase!

I hope the last line of that Shields article is true; i.e. that Ashley's had a bunch of offers from completely separate entities but he's knocked them back. Hopefully we get some resolution on the Saudi deal asap so we can move on one way or another. Really believe that the door is pretty well open to a change in ownership regardless of what happens with this.

Ashley is on the way back from Dubai

When he was in Florida last year his plane made loads of trips to and from the U.K. whilst he stayed in Miami. His plane flying back doesn’t mean he is.

Hopefully he fell out on the way.