Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Do we have any direct quotes saying that they won't buy if we get relegated?

The money it takes to get back up is what Liverpool would spend on a goalie. From PIFs perspective, surely it'd be a minor inconvenience.

Quicker to just buy Leeds.

Except Leeds don't offer the same package, nowhere near.  Not this year or any other year.

Delusional. What do NUFC have that Leeds cannot offer?

Leeds have never averaged over 40k in their history. Until the 70’s they were a nothing club.

In short they’ll never be as big as NUFC.

Sorry but that is simply nonsense. Biggest club in Yorkshire, in a thriving & cosmopolitan city, with a history of winning trophies in the living memory of most people. Attendences count for nothing, especially since Leeds are hardly Wimbledon...they still have attracted pretty large crowds in all the time I have followed the game. At this rate they will be a bigger club than us in 5 months time, never mind never at all.

Leeds are a club just waiting to take off. And if the Saudis or Qataris buy them & make them even remotely like Man City they will attract 50k crowds easily.

We already attract 50k crowds. In the championship too.

And? 

There seems to be a thought process going on here that, just because NUFC have more potential than Leeds, that somehow Leeds won't be a very attractive proposition to Saudi. Absolute delusion I'm afraid.

Who actually said that?

Teasy said a few pages back... "Leeds don't offer the same package, nowhere near.  Not this year or any other year." To me that insinuated that Leeds are a far less atttractive proposition than NUFC, which simply isnt true.

Do see Leeds as an attractive proposition for buyers, but NUFC does have some distinct advantages....only Premier League club within 80 miles in most directions, so a perception of a bigger catchment of fans as well as there only being 2 other 'big clubs anywhere near, and the relative lack of interest in the egg chacing which starts to happen when you get towards Leeds

If Leeds get sold then it will be to Qatar. Their owner has links to the Qatari’s and they have long been rumoured to buy Leeds in future.

I honestly think that if our takeover goes through, then Qatar will buy Leeds in response.

There is no chance PIF are buying Leeds even if our takeover does fail.

Do we have any direct quotes saying that they won't buy if we get relegated?

The money it takes to get back up is what Liverpool would spend on a goalie. From PIFs perspective, surely it'd be a minor inconvenience.

Quicker to just buy Leeds.

Except Leeds don't offer the same package, nowhere near.  Not this year or any other year.

Delusional. What do NUFC have that Leeds cannot offer?

Leeds have never averaged over 40k in their history. Until the 70’s they were a nothing club.

In short they’ll never be as big as NUFC.

Sorry but that is simply nonsense. Biggest club in Yorkshire, in a thriving & cosmopolitan city, with a history of winning trophies in the living memory of most people. Attendences count for nothing, especially since Leeds are hardly Wimbledon...they still have attracted pretty large crowds in all the time I have followed the game. At this rate they will be a bigger club than us in 5 months time, never mind never at all.

Leeds are a club just waiting to take off. And if the Saudis or Qataris buy them & make them even remotely like Man City they will attract 50k crowds easily.

We already attract 50k crowds. In the championship too.

And? 

There seems to be a thought process going on here that, just because NUFC have more potential than Leeds, that somehow Leeds won't be a very attractive proposition to Saudi. Absolute delusion I'm afraid.

Who actually said that?

Teasy said a few pages back... "Leeds don't offer the same package, nowhere near.  Not this year or any other year." To me that insinuated that Leeds are a far less atttractive proposition than NUFC, which simply isnt true.

Do see Leeds as an attractive proposition for buyers, but NUFC does have some distinct advantages....only Premier League club within 80 miles in most directions, so a perception of a bigger catchment of fans as well as there only being 2 other 'big clubs anywhere near, and the relative lack of interest in the egg chacing which starts to happen when you get towards Leeds

Also Newcastle is unique among big clubs in having it's stadium in the city centre which is ideal of you want to attract day trippers. A much more pleasant than going to Leeds and hoping you don't get picked off in the underpass, or get your head storved in walking past the Peacock.

Bit like our friend Harry from down sarf, always find this account interesting. Not beyond the realms people down there are better placed to hear things.

https://twitter.com/RyanMaine_/status/1351595483832184836?s=20

I agree. People like Ben Jacobs say things but are clearly sided to anti takeover. Accounts like this and that Harry I don't think give a shit what happens. So they are either troll/wum accounts or they are just saying what they've been told.

Looking through their twitter accounts, they seem like normal people with their own opinions. It would be very very strange for them to just be saying this just for lols or followers.

Isn’t the arbitration surrounding the separation of PIF from MBS?

If we win that then it wouldn’t matter in anyway.

Exactly. The whole point in arbitration is to separate the Saudi state and PIF anyway.